League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Tear of the Goddess (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1806756)

Eyeburn 02-10-2012 06:50 AM

Tear of the Goddess

This item needs to be tweaked for Dominion or replaced with something more practical on Dominion. It takes a "Tear compatible" champ about 25-30mins to stack up a tear to 1k bonus mana in a typical SR game. There's no way a champ is going to stack up a Tear and then use all that bonus mana on Dominion.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R 02-10-2012 07:01 AM

Say what? If I start with tear I can get around +400 mana at 10 minutes. I could probably get a lot more if I always waited a few seconds in between casts.

Yaladilae 02-10-2012 07:02 AM

I think its fine

/ryze

HĂ©kate 02-10-2012 07:12 AM

What champ actually really benefits from tear in dom aside from Ryze? Do manamune champs still build it in dom?

Every champ I built it on in SR i've switched to other items since it's overkill with dominion aura. Primarily SR item imo....

vNaK 02-10-2012 07:23 AM

I've used it on Son and works pretty well. I think last time I did use it, I ended up around 700-800 mana end game.

DivineBovine 02-10-2012 07:29 AM

Hrm. Tear is kind of mixed Bag. For mana reserve problems I tend to pick up Chalice, since it gives some MR and is pretty dang cheap to boot.

Tear is pretty useful for only Ryze, since Turning it into AA is rather costly and could have gone towards building that Deathcap everyone finds so useful.

Korpral 02-10-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R (Hozzászólás 20802863)
Say what? If I start with tear I can get around +400 mana at 10 minutes. I could probably get a lot more if I always waited a few seconds in between casts.

So lets say you can get 600 by the end of the average 15 min game...there's still 400 points of untapped potential from this item, which is what the OP is trying to say.

If you're not playing Ryze or yorick (maybe karthas and urgot as well) than this item is a waste, which also makes Archangel's and Manamune less effective than their pure AD/AP counterparts. Now what would be the point of getting an item that's only reaches 50-60% of it's potential, if that, when the match ends?

Plus you have to take into the fact that you'll have to buy the item first in order to reach that number let alone during the match it would be less than that percentage during team fights and those small skirmishes.

Another item I would like to see tweaked would be RoA. This item takes a good windmill rush/the ability to farm bot without that much punishment and be bought at the 5 min mark to be used to it's max potential.

avatarofrandom 02-10-2012 08:00 AM

So you want to make Ryze and Yorick stronger? Also, it would become a valid Kass item and make him even stronger. I don't like this.

HĂ©kate 02-10-2012 10:03 AM

The way I see it, if a game mode requires quicker item build development/instant gratification, I just pick my items differently. I don't understand why you can't just change your builds. RoA takes too long, then don't build RoA. Why would you want these items anyways that build large mana pools that you don't need? Except Ryze...

Like DivineBovine said, chalice pretty much gives you infinite mana and in a game where squishies need to be tankier, FH isn't a bad idea either for armor/CDR/mana. The dominion aura makes items with lower regen sufficient too.

Grantson 02-10-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hékate (Hozzászólás 20803080)
What champ actually really benefits from tear in dom aside from Ryze? Do manamune champs still build it in dom?

I've seen a few Blitzcrank users get the tear for their passive then build mamamune then stack with Frozen heart.