League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   PROOF: This is why Stark's was so good... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1789035)

TheWhiteMuchacho 02-04-2012 08:39 PM

PROOF: This is why Stark's was so good...

...and why Phreak was terribly wrong when he said...

Quote:

In short, because they don't buy it. Buying Stark's on your carry is basically a newb trap. There are better options for carries to buy.

Zeke's being a better item for supports, by your own admission, is the goal.
Merc Treads, Blood Thirster, Stark's Fervor, Frozen Mallet, Force of Nature, Randuin's Omen.

Gives you:

- 2 Tier Speed (+ 8% movement speed from FoN), 35 Tenacity
- 80-120 damage
- 1,050 HP
- 95 HP5 (+ 0.35% passive HP5 on FoN)
- 35-45% life steal
- Perma-slow (For getting more hits in = more damage/more sustain with life steal)
- 40% attack speed
- 20 Armor Reduction (against entire team, benefitting your whole team)
- 75 Armor
- 101 Magic Resist
- 5%CDR (Sweet active/passive with Randuin's Omen)

Now understand this, everyone keeps saying that the plus 30 HP5 on Stark's was useless. To those people I say bull. Stark's was MEANT for tanky DPS bruisers, and the 30 HP5 on Stark's was beautiful when stacked with FoN and Randuin's. It was over 100 HP5 and that is nothing to laugh at. ESPECIALLY when you factor in the life steal, resistances, and HP meant that you would never die as long as you were hitting stuff.

Stark's Synergized perfectly for 2 main reasons:

1) It Synergized perfectly with other items - FoN/Randuin's for godly HP5, Bloodthirster for through the roof life steal, menial armor reduction that wasn't so menial since it was an aura and effected your/their entire team, a 40% attack speed buff which meant you did not need any other attack speed item.

2) THIS WAS ALL ACHIEVED USING ONE SLOT! I cannot stress this enough. Stark's was an amazing item. Removing it was a horrible idea, at least without announcing at the same time an item to take its place.

Keep in mind, I didn't even mention that everything on Stark's, save 20% attack speed, was on an aura that effected everyone on your team. Phreak saying that it was a "newb trap" either comes from being naive or flat out playing us so we'd believe it and calm down. Phreak is wrong here, I'm sorry to say. This is my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJL
"Phreaks Thought" - Aura Item = Support item.
Attack speed on supports? o.o? Must get rid and buff!
(Make it to new item)
There more supporty.

Community: IT WASN'T AN ITEM FOR SUPPORTS!

Forealz rite? Because Will of Ancients is a core on all support.
I had to quote the above poster, because it's a great point. Why make Stark's into a support item and not WotA? Both are "aura." Phreak was so quick to use that as an excuse for why they changed Stark's, but failed to mention this item.

Edit: I needed to add this. Separate issue, but should also be addressed. Amongst supports, this is why you should never waste your gold on Zeke's.

http://rog.clgaming.net/blogs/a-diff...-zeke-s-herald <------ Broken link. :(

This link not only explains the differences between Zeke's Herald and Stark's Fervor, it also explains the differences between Zeke's Herald and Shurelya's Reverie. I recommend you skip reading the article, and just click on the YouTube version provided in the article. Very good vid.

Edit: The more I look at Zeke's the more I am convinced that Zeke's is an attempt at nerfing sustain through nerfing lifesteal. Of all the components that make up Zeke's, lifesteal is the only one that does not increase in the final recipie. <— Confirmed in light of the most recent patch (BT, Wriggle's, Vamp Scepter nerf).

Edit: 200+ Upvotes. Thanks guys. Hopefully soon Riot won't be able to ignore us Stark's lovers! :)

Edit: 300+ Upvotes! Gimme dat red post!

Edit: 400+ Upvotes! Still no red post. :(

Edit: 500+ Upvotes! Wapa-Chang!

Edit: 600+ Upvotes. Sigh.

Edit: 700+ Upvotes and still no red.

Edit: 800+ Upvotes. Still desire a red response. :(

Edit: 900+ Upvotes. My goodness.

Edit: 1,000+ Upvotes. Still waiting for a red response.

Edit: 1,100+ Upvotes. Dafuq.

EasyTiger20 02-04-2012 08:41 PM

Randuin's*

t3hcollective 02-04-2012 08:44 PM

I loved it on my AA heavy mundo build.

The new one should have been an offensive aegis of the legion. Give atk spd, health, lifesteal to the carrier and then an aura that gave atk spd, lifesteal, hp/5 and/or the armor redux.

This would be a wonderful item for carries, bruisers or even supports.

Something like:

carrier:
7% lifesteal
12% atk spd
250 health

aura:
10% lifesteal
10% atk spd
20 hp/5 and/or 20 armor redux to enemy

BladesOfGoGoPowa 02-04-2012 08:47 PM

I always bought Starks on Yi for all these reasons, I want it back. The armor reduction was the the best part. One thing I also believe is that every ad/hp/ item should have its near opposite. Like how with blood thirster you get dmg and lifesteal on minion kill. and with warmogs you get hp, in this case to starks it was abyssal scepter with mr reduce aura. I want it back.

TheWhiteMuchacho 02-04-2012 08:48 PM

@ bladesofgogpowa meant to up vote you. Miss click!!

BladesOfGoGoPowa 02-04-2012 08:48 PM

I want it back, I always used it on yi.

ScorchXBanister 02-04-2012 08:49 PM

I looked and on my Yi recommended it said Zeke's

I'd already built Recurve bow T_T

EDIT: I still want the damn thing back. Zeke's is no replacement.

Anemona 02-04-2012 08:50 PM

it was a truly underrated item...insanely cost worthy.
i really wish they would bring it back

toastnbutter 02-04-2012 08:52 PM

It doesn't matter if it's good or bad, why remove the option? it's still used more than a lot of other items in game (like those tenecity items that no one remembers the name of)

Godmoney 02-04-2012 08:53 PM

Stark's was a tanky dps's go to item for lifesteal.

Trundle with Stark's was amazing.