League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Building a more fabulous Taric ? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1780566)

Darmival 02-02-2012 11:19 AM

Building a more fabulous Taric ?

I have come to like Taric in Dominion ( don't know why, he is almost never played .. maybe thats why >.< )

However I am at a loss for what to consistently build beyond Aegis ( i consider it core )

I am also really liking Zeke's ( Stark's replacement ) and don't mind grabbing it.. hp + cdr + lifesteal/as auras are all useful on him.

The biggest problem I find with him is almost no ability to 1v1 ( now I don't expect to consistently win 1v1s, but I do like actually inflicting damage )

I have tried Ionic Spark, which is nice for defending points against multiple enemies ( chain lightning interrupt ftw ) .... but doesnt really increase his damage output a whole lot

trinity force is too expensive and i dont consider it a real option ( i build zeke's/aegis first so trinity would be really late )

Anyone have suggestions ( and some solid proof / reasoning behind it ) ? Thanks

Xanthic 02-02-2012 11:23 AM

I've played vs some very mean AP / CD Tarics. Give that a try.

Infirc 02-02-2012 11:23 AM

build Kitae's on him, AD taric is far more useful than Aura Taric on DOminion and the CS aura already counters aegis.
Kitae's Frozen Mallet, Atma's, thr other 3 depend on who's the enemy.

edit: well at least That's the taric build that's given me most trubles :$, Aurra taric never game me troubles besides the stun when one of his allies was nearby.
Edit 2: Ap Tarics are also good but they need to shatter the shield way too often for my taste, and that together with the crystal scar aura can make a tanky champion drop into a squihlet.

Solid proof?, why? you already own Taric just experiment, i know your Elo may take some kick in the nuts but it's for the sake of playing something ehrr, someone you Enjoy.

Darmival 02-02-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infirc (Hozzászólás 20509091)
DOminion and the CS aura already counters aegis.

Not really and you don't have enough Dom experience to really speak

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanthic (Hozzászólás 20509082)
I've played vs some very mean AP / CD Tarics. Give that a try.

Have any links to suggested ap builds?

Darmival 02-02-2012 03:26 PM

not a lot of Taric players eh :(

Isysar 02-02-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darmival (Hozzászólás 20518004)
not a lot of Taric players eh :(

I think building him aura/tank is the way to go, though I've only done it once.

Open Boots Kindlegem

Aegis, Mercs, Frozen Heart, Kindlegem (build into a Hexteck Sweeper if they have stealth at some point, or maybe a Soul Shroud if your team needs it), Wits End and something else.

Wit's end seems weird, but I actually like it on him. It gives him a bit of damage, MR and helps lower the CD on his heal.

This build worked great in that one game, but I really can't say what to build in general.

I haven't tried the new Zeke's on him, but it could be quite nice indeed.

PrometheanRage 02-02-2012 05:15 PM

I had mild success with black cleaver starks, back before the armor reduction was removed (stacking with his shatter reduction = a lotta armor gone). Not sure which way I would go now - gonna have to play him some more.

Dessim8 02-02-2012 06:13 PM

I find Nashor's ight have potential. Auto Attacking with taric is about refreshing the heal at light speed and CDR and AP are welcome stats. Heck, I find myself sometimes needing mana when I play taric too so MP5 isn't all that wasted either.

urmamasllama 02-02-2012 06:15 PM

removal of starks ruined my taric build =(

SpaceFrog 02-02-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isysar (Hozzászólás 20518103)
I think building him aura/tank is the way to go, though I've only done it once.

Open Boots Kindlegem

Aegis, Mercs, Frozen Heart, Kindlegem (build into a Hexteck Sweeper if they have stealth at some point, or maybe a Soul Shroud if your team needs it), Wits End and something else.

Wit's end seems weird, but I actually like it on him. It gives him a bit of damage, MR and helps lower the CD on his heal.

This build worked great in that one game, but I really can't say what to build in general.

I haven't tried the new Zeke's on him, but it could be quite nice indeed.

+1 for aura tank

I played him heaps around x-mas and new years. It's great when you team up with a vayne. But not sure how new starks fervor is going to affect my build/play style.

Move speed quints, boots of mobility. Roaming aura tank. don't 1v1 any1, just run to where u need to be and give out aura's stuns and heals. debuff armour with w, and old starks :(
attk speed marks & heal & exhaust

Also most of the aura items and build order a situational.

hextech sweeper is great for checking bushes and stealth,
frozen heart is a must against vayne or trynd
soul shround & WOTA are great for friendly AP carries
I used to rush starks if vayne or ad carries were doing well.