League of Legends Community
12

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Apparently I'm bad (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=177861)

Gorchek 07-21-2010 11:25 PM

Apparently I'm bad
 
There's another thread in here who says whenever I lose its my fault

Doesn't that get immediately de-bunked when you lose because someone else is bad?

How the hell am I bad when someone goes 2/6/0 and I go 7/3/3?

Honestly, tracking personal stats in a team game is just a folly to begin with.

Don't kid yourself. The only people who broke out of 1200-1300 are the people who played Heimer/Shaco/Shen/Kayle/Xin when they weren't banned, and only duo-queued.

You know what? **** Season 1.

**** it.

As far as I'm concerned, the level of skill of my randomized teammates has changed very little from normal games to ranked games, so at this point, I'll enjoy playing a 5man premade once every couple days. As far as I see it, Season 1 just allowed us to see our elo and draft pick, nothing else has changed. Which is still an improvement, I guess.

tl;dr: rank means nothing in the solo queue, and is just a competition to see who can duo queue the most with shaco/shen

pps: i mad

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH 07-21-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorchek (Hozzászólás 2075854)
and only duo-queued.

Maybe you should try duo queuing.

Fuz2o 07-21-2010 11:29 PM

I don't think you're bad! /hug

Panda Banana 07-21-2010 11:29 PM

usad?
umad?
ubad.

WarMammoth 07-21-2010 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorchek (Hozzászólás 2075854)
There's another thread in here who says whenever I lose its my fault

Doesn't that get immediately de-bunked when you lose because someone else is bad?

How the hell am I bad when someone goes 2/6/0 and I go 7/3/3?

Honestly, tracking personal stats in a team game is just a folly to begin with.

Don't kid yourself. The only people who broke out of 1200-1300 are the people who played Heimer/Shaco/Shen/Kayle/Xin when they weren't banned, and only duo-queued.

You know what? **** Season 1.

**** it.

As far as I'm concerned, the level of skill of my randomized teammates has changed very little from normal games to ranked games, so at this point, I'll enjoy playing a 5man premade once every couple days. As far as I see it, Season 1 just allowed us to see our elo and draft pick, nothing else has changed. Which is still an improvement, I guess.

tl;dr: rank means nothing in the solo queue, and is just a competition to see who can duo queue the most with shaco/shen

pps: i mad

I have not experienced this problem, but I haven't played that many games yet. I'm 3-1 on this account and 5-0 on Bubble Slime, and I've only solo queued and not picked those champions.

You missed the point of those other threads, though. Individual games can be lost due to luck - no one is denying that. But over enough time, luck pretty much evens out. If you lose 1 game to bad luck, OK, that's bad luck. If you lose 10 games to bad luck in a row... Well, I guess it's conceivably possible. If your rating drops to 900 due to "bad luck"... then you're probably actually bad.

Gorchek 07-21-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It Was Tuesday (Hozzászólás 2075876)
Maybe you should try duo queuing.

i know the tryhard button should be on, but does it have to be on all the time?

also I'm not lucky enough to know a bunch of great people who are online at all times

LoCicero 07-21-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Don't kid yourself. The only people who broke out of 1200-1300 are the people who played Heimer/Shaco/Shen/Kayle/Xin when they weren't banned, and only duo-queued.
This is false. I'm high on the ladder and I have played solo more than I've duo queued. I played Xin, but I also played Morgana and Pantheon, are they OP too? My win percentage is also higher with Morgana and Pantheon than it is with Xin. I've even played a lot of Veigar as solo queue and done well. For the most part people who are high on the solo queue list are strong players. It's also not a coincidence that a lot of the top solo queue players are also top 5v5 players.

I understand that this game can be very frustrating, but I promise you that over time you will reach your true ELO. Until then you're on the same roller coaster ride that the rest of us are on, so suck it up =).

Swipe Knife 07-21-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorchek (Hozzászólás 2075912)
i know the tryhard button should be on, but does it have to be on all the time?

also I'm not lucky enough to know a bunch of great people who are online at all times

The greater you are, the more great people you know. Social law.

Gorchek 07-21-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuz2o (Hozzászólás 2075884)
I don't think you're bad! /hug

Hey thanks! /highfivebroham

This game is just stressful sometimes...

Gorchek 07-21-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoCicero (Hozzászólás 2075926)
This is false. I'm high on the ladder and I have played solo more than I've duo queued. I played Xin, but I also played Morgana and Pantheon, are they OP too? My win percentage is also higher with Morgana and Pantheon than it is with Xin. I've even played a lot of Veigar as solo queue and done well. For the most part people who are high on the solo queue list are strong players. It's also not a coincidence that a lot of the top solo queue players are also top 5v5 players.

I understand that this game can be very frustrating, but I promise you that over time you will reach your true ELO. Until then you're on the same roller coaster ride that the rest of us are on, so suck it up =).

And then there's Regi, who duo queued as Shaco to #1.

edit: just lost again because mid fed, apparently this is my fault too?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:40 PM.
12


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc