League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Since when did winning normal games not matter? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=177818)

RHINO Mk II 07-21-2010 10:40 PM

Since when did winning normal games not matter?

It seems like far too many people have this mentality where you shouldn't try to win in non-ranked games anymore. It's quite frustrating. I admit I set myself up for disappointment by queueing solo with Alistar, but I didn't expect to be tied for most kills and most assists.

Tmator 07-21-2010 10:45 PM

Since Ranked came out. Now scram.

Holy Malevolence 07-21-2010 10:47 PM

When did it ever?

WarMammoth 07-21-2010 10:50 PM

In normal games, I try to play the best I can to win, but I will often have bad champions or bad items, and attempt to do the best I can with those. Helps me learn a lot, and is a lot of fun. Boy do I was wish All Random was in Normal games by now.

For me, that's the difference between Ranked and Normal: Ranked, you play optimally, you choose optimally, you build optimally. Normal, you play optimally, you choose and build whatever you want, because it doesn't really matter if it turns out to be ineffective.

Lucid Dreaming 07-21-2010 10:51 PM

I tryhard no matter the game type.

If you don't care about winning then don't play.

Camen Sieder 07-21-2010 10:53 PM

Since they took away practice games and I wanted to learn a wider variety of champs

Fragems 07-21-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxKillMeFirstxX (Hozzászólás 2075552)
Since they took away practice games and I wanted to learn a wider variety of champs

yah that pretty much killed it and is what making everyone not caare

Yugthrad 07-21-2010 10:56 PM

When season 1 was released normal games have become the new practice games.

Nerubian 07-21-2010 10:57 PM

There's a difference between going DPS Soraka and learning a new champ in Normal :P

I use normal now to learn new champions - because it's the only way too. However, not to try joke builds.

Camen Sieder 07-21-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerubian (Hozzászólás 2075584)
There's a difference between going DPS Soraka and learning a new champ in Normal :P

I use normal now to learn new champions - because it's the only way too. However, not to try joke builds.

basically If we just aced their team in a normal game and I'm on a new champ the last thing in the world I want to do is push all the way to their nexus. I am going to rather drag the game out, get more comfortable with sill combos, see what a late game build feels like and generally ignore warding and doing anything other than group fighting and farming up gold.

I'll definitely be in the team fights but I don't really care about pushing unless the other team is annoying me in /all and I just want to get the game over with.