League of Legends Community
12345 ... 10

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   I believe purple side is at a disadvantage (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1768894)

Fleshpenant 01-30-2012 07:59 PM

I believe purple side is at a disadvantage

I like to play with my camera locked most of the time, and I cant stand playing on purple side (the top one) because your vision seems to be obstructed towards the bottom of the screen usually
What is there that can be done about this?
I have already removed the useless bits of the hud and reduced the size as much as is reasonable but especially when playing with an adjustable length skillshot such as olaf q or shyvana ult going downwards i will not be able to go its full length because the hud or map or something is in the way.
Not only that but also you are unable to see the enemy in lane most of the time especially if you are bot, which makes it hell when facing a nidalee or many other champs.

Does anybody else hate purple side also? I find myself dodging whenever i'm on purple side now

C0py Ninja 01-30-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleshpenant (Hozzászólás 20387669)
I like to play with my camera locked most of the time, and I cant stand playing on purple side (the top one) because your vision seems to be obstructed towards the bottom of the screen usually
What is there that can be done about this?
I have already removed the useless bits of the hud and reduced the size as much as is reasonable but especially when playing with an adjustable length skillshot such as olaf q or shyvana ult going downwards i will not be able to go its full length because the hud or map or something is in the way.
Not only that but also you are unable to see the enemy in lane most of the time especially if you are bot, which makes it hell when facing a nidalee or many other champs.

Does anybody else hate purple side also? I find myself dodging whenever i'm on purple side now

If you play with vision locked and you are past level 10.... you are horrible, think about it. You can see the rest of the battlefield.....................

Elsantrich 01-30-2012 08:09 PM

After playing for awhile, it doesn't even seem like a camera locked only issue. Playing with it unlocked you wind up cutting off the top part of your screen trying to compensate, this leaves you sorely open to ganks if you don't have excellent map awareness. I feel a full 180 degree camera rotation would be the fix. This however would cause mass confusion while people adjusted to top and bot being relative and not set. The only issue I really see is the sheer technical difficulty in adding camera rotation to a game engine that truly wasn't built for it. Maybe in a couple years something like this could be implemented. Until that time comes its a matter of increasing your own map awareness and teamwork to overcome it. Lets face it, it's an issue that can be overcome with skill.

Fleshpenant 01-30-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dm6776 (Hozzászólás 20388006)
If you play with vision locked and you are past level 10.... you are horrible, think about it. You can see the rest of the battlefield.....................

I don't see how you come to this conclusion.
I don't have it focused on me the entire game, you can still look around other points of the map, but then i want it to snap back to me.
when i'm in lane running around, there is no time to be moving the mouse to the edge of the screen when you want to look a bit more, which also gets the cursor away from the enemy in case i need to cast a quick skill

Fleshpenant 01-30-2012 08:10 PM

What about adding a preference to let you pick your map side? I would like to be able to always be on blue side.

Chěppy 01-30-2012 10:38 PM

Op : Tl:dr

IKoDuan 01-30-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleshpenant (Hozzászólás 20388199)
What about adding a preference to let you pick your map side? I would like to be able to always be on blue side.

and almost every one else

Fleshpenant 01-30-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duan79 (Hozzászólás 20394899)
and almost every one else

then shouldnt riot do something to balance it if almost everyone prefers one side?

gankas kon 01-31-2012 01:52 AM

Just learn to play unlocked like everyone else. Its more effective.

If not, make your interface smaller in the options

Fleshpenant 01-31-2012 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *****minator (Hozzászólás 20398014)
Just learn to play unlocked like everyone else. Its more effective.

If not, make your interface smaller in the options

no
locked is more effective
and if you read, i already made my interface smaller
purple side sucks