League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Holy **** just tried cass on dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1767127)

nyttyn 01-30-2012 02:42 PM

Holy **** just tried cass on dominion

It's insane.

She can burst squishies from 100 to 0 in 2.5 to 3 seconds flat.

She has movespeed. She has slow. She even has a stun.

Can any vet cass players out there give me some advice? :D

Grantson 01-30-2012 03:02 PM

Some basic stuff.

1. Smart cast E so you can to do a Q->E combo quickly.

2. Miasma can see bushes and fog of war. So you can toss it in the bush first then use Noxious Blast on them if they stupidly continue to hide next to the puddle of poison.

3. You run out of mana fast in the beginning so it's best to push lane enough so you can grab health/mana pack in the top before them.

4. Someone may come and gank you from behind when you push so save a summoner spell like exhaust or flash for that occasion.

The LORD saves 01-30-2012 03:07 PM

I have about 50 matches as Cass, she's a great pick along with Ryze for sustained magic damage.

The best advice I have is to play her enough to understand she has a lot of different builds. She gains a lot from huge health at my ELO (Around 1550). She pushes so fast with only a mediocre amount of AP that I often concentrate on 1 or 2 big damage items that both include health(RoA and/or Rylai's) then move to mr/armor and then Spell Vamp. So something(for bottom) like Catalyst, boots, mpen boots, blasting rod, RoA, armor/mr, then WOTA. Or top Prospector's ring + boots, mpen boots, Rylai's, armor/mr, WOTA.

I've totally rocked Cass with Thornmail and WOTA and repeatedly eaten carries. Assassins are dangerous to her, but loading massive amounts of health and armor or mr makes them manageable.

http://www.dominatedominion.com/word...ter-pick-list/
Yorick, Graves, and Kayle are listed as counters though I've personally never had a problem with them the list has been trustworthy to me so far(meaning the ones I've been against must have been bad or unaware of Cass's weaknesses.

MVpmack 01-30-2012 03:24 PM

On Cassiopeia's counters:

Yorick does NOT beat Cassio. Neither does Graves unless she literally throws the game away. Kayle I'm unsure; I suspect she doesn't either. Soraka is about 50-50, Mordekaiser is about 50-50 with spellvamp runes (if Cassio does not have spellvamp runes, Morde with spellvamp runes wrecks her). Skarner used to be a problem, I'm not sure how it is now with the Q mana issues. I suspect it's still very hard. Riven should be good although I've only seen one successful Riven against my 1600 queue partner's Cassio. Vlad might also be trouble with spellvamp runes, don't have a lot of experience there. Urgot is a hard matchup for equal skill, but if he outskills the enemy he can still do it. I've seen a Renekton that beat Cassio too although I think that was due to a lack of understanding on the matchup and not actually that Renekton beats Cassie.

The main counters to Cassio are anti-caster assassins, eg. Leblanc, Kassadin, Talon. I think the Talon matchup is very winnable for her.

I also have some theories on AD bottom lane carries, in particular Caitlyn, Sivir, and MF. Sivir has some wonkiness (spellshield does not do anything to Cassie W) so I'm not sure about that; MF I have no experience so it's more of a theory thing. Caitlyn is probably a skill thing, but I think she can do it.

Pretty much everyone else loses badly.

HĂ©kate 01-30-2012 03:51 PM

I went bot against Cass as Galio the other day... it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Asmonok 01-30-2012 03:53 PM

Land Q and the lane is yours. Spell vamp quints and wota are amazing on her. Rylai's makes it even easier to land your combos. Smart casting is a must. Not much else to her.

Emeraldw 01-30-2012 04:26 PM

How is morde 50-50 against cass when Cass is considered a counter pick to morde in SR?

I would not send AD's bottom, especially not at the start. Cass can push all day and if the bot you are using cannot keep up with the pushing, you will lose your tower.

Dremare 01-30-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emeraldw (Hozzászólás 20371761)
How is morde 50-50 against cass when Cass is considered a counter pick to morde in SR?

I would not send AD's bottom, especially not at the start. Cass can push all day and if the bot you are using cannot keep up with the pushing, you will lose your tower.

Morde basically eats anyone who pushes hard. In Summoner's Rift, when pushing leaves you open to ganks, Morde can get out poked and out harassed. In Dominion, where earlygame pushing power is what makes and breaks most bottoms, Morde hue's at you and your huge creep wave.

DrPlague 01-30-2012 06:11 PM

I must admit, that a Cass just ate me early in Dominion.
I play Malzahar a lot bot, and don't have many counters (curse you Fizz!).
Cass's range and movement speed was worrisome to say the least. Very capable bot champ.