League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Dominion Forums and Dota2 (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1766210)

ActionButlerGO 01-30-2012 08:22 AM

Dominion Forums and Dota2

Honest question: What do you guys think? Jumping ship for Dota2? Staying here? Playing both?

What are the odds that relative newcomers to mobas, in general, could find a home in both games?

I keep watching Dota2 streams to find something to catch my interest. To be fair, it is a very nice-looking game. It does look more balanced than League, by far. It just looks like a more snowbally Summoner's Rift, though. Could just be the perception of an untrained eye, of course...

Any news on different modes of play?

urmamasllama 01-30-2012 08:23 AM

ima try dirge... and thats about it

Isysar 01-30-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO (Hozzászólás 20354628)
Honest question: What do you guys think? Jumping ship for Dota2? Staying here? Playing both?

What are the odds that relative newcomers to mobas, in general, could find a home in both games?

I keep watching Dota2 streams to find something to catch my interest. To be fair, it is a very nice-looking game. It does look more balanced than League, by far. It just looks like a more snowbally Summoner's Rift, though. Could just be the perception of an untrained eye, of course...

Any news on different modes of play?

I'm really wondering why you're posting this in the Dominion forums. . .

I'd doubt that people who play Dominion will abandon LOL to play DotA 2. Dota has no Dominion like mode.

The question is will they play SR, or Dota 2.

And even then, why does it matter? You can play both if you want. Stonewall008 does.

ActionButlerGO 01-30-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isysar (Hozzászólás 20354673)
I'm really wondering why you're posting this in the Dominion forums. . .

Because I prefer Dominion and wanted to get input from fellow Dominion players since they likely have gaming interests (in terms of League and other related games) that are closer to mine than General Discussion does?

Like I said, I was just curious...

larkhill 01-30-2012 08:34 AM

ive played dota2. my issue with it is it has no tutorial or introductory phase. theres no means of learning the game. if uve never played dota, u will not get dota2 easily. its just a hassle to learn and one i really dont wanna go through to be honest. if it was simpler or had a tutorial somewhere, id probably try it

LoL has a tutorial thats very good for newcomers to moba's. dota is too new.

to those that know dota, theres little reason to play it besides nostalgia. it simply hasnt proven itself as a better game yet.

bloodline champions had the same issue for me.

Isysar 01-30-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO (Hozzászólás 20354857)
Because I prefer Dominion and wanted to get input from fellow Dominion players since they likely have gaming interests (in terms of League and other related games) that are closer to mine than General Discussion does?

Like I said, I was just curious...

That makes sense I suppose.

I used to play Dota in the WC3 days. That's what got me into the MOBA scene.

So, I will probably play Dota instead of SR from now on, in the rare events that I am in that kind of mood (nostaliga). I will mainly play League for Dominion, and I'm especially happy for Dominion Bots next patch. I still like watching pro SR games though, and I'd watch those instead of Dota 2

I also play WoW, will play Diablo 3, Skyrim, SC2 occasionally, and some other frick.

Isysar 01-30-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larkhill (Hozzászólás 20354936)
ive played dota2. my issue with it is it has no tutorial or introductory phase. theres no meas of learning the game. if uve never played dota, u will not get dota2.

LoL has a tutorial thats very good for newcomers to moba's. dota is too new.

to those that know dota, theres little reason to play it besides nostalgia. it simply hasnt proven itself as a better game yet.

bloodline champions had the same issue for me.

I'd agree with parts of these as well. My interest in Dota 2 is nostaliga and that alone. And I'd play versus bots if I was in the mood.

Overall, I like SR better than Dota 2; it's more balanced, more diverse, and doesn't have so much heavy CC.

larkhill 01-30-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isysar (Hozzászólás 20354970)
Overall, I like SR better than Dota 2; it's more balanced, more diverse, and doesn't have so much heavy CC.

SR more diverse? i dont really know the dota2 meta but the SR meta is fairly stagnant right now with the fast jungler, 0cs support/ad carry bot, ap mid and bruiser top (except for M5...)

Isysar 01-30-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larkhill (Hozzászólás 20355059)
SR more diverse? i dont really know the dota2 meta but the SR meta is fairly stagnant right now with the fast jungler, 0cs support/ad carry bot, ap mid and bruiser top (except for M5...)

Ok, by diverse I mean a greater number of the actual champions in the game are viable picks.

The competitive scene in Dota, back 5 years ago, and as far as I've seen in recent tournaments and games I've spectated in the beta avoid picking a lot heroes. That's just my experience, I could be wrong.

Draydan 01-30-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larkhill (Hozzászólás 20355059)

In DotA meta wasnt more complex. And it always was "team with fed AD carry wins".

At least in LoL you need teamwork during teamfight and cannot easily go 1vX.