League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Idea: 'Extend Game' In-Game Vote Option (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1761404)

Lizard People 01-28-2012 06:51 PM

Idea: 'Extend Game' In-Game Vote Option

So I've been playing dominion a bunch and all in all it's pretty fun. And some games, they're even a lot of fun. But they always end right when I feel I'm getting into the groove of things. For those really fun games, I always wished they'd last a bit longer.

So I thought of this: At 10ish minutes into the game, a vote dialog could pop up automatically for both teams. They'd vote to extend both teams' nexus health by 250. If both teams passed a majority, the nexuses would be buffed accordingly and everyone could go on having fun for 5 or 10 more minutes than usual. Obviously if either team was losing badly or just not having fun at all, it'd be unfair to extend the game so a veto on either side would shelve it. But for those games where everything is going just right, neither side is too far ahead and teamfights are fun and dynamic and engaging and all that good stuff, I think it'd be a great option for letting people get a few more items and engage in a little more end-game action than maybe they would have otherwise.

The Wrongsword 01-28-2012 08:48 PM

Well a box popping up could be a bit annoying for people who dont care, but you could make it a vote thing like the surrender option: you can start a vote for your team, and if they vote it up then the other team votes- if both teams have a majority it adds nexus health by a bit.

I'd like it, there are a lot of games I wish would go a little longer or give me a chance to mess with a full build. As long as its an optional vote option I think it would be fine

Mibuwolf 01-28-2012 09:22 PM

i like what above said, but OP still had a good idea.

alohabroha 01-29-2012 06:07 PM

If the losing team is gaining momentum the winning team would never accept, provided they are not *******. I doubt Riot would ever implement something like that. Although, I too have felt that games should've went on longer just so I could do some more damage and maybe get a full build going AND get to use it for a few minutes at least.

Bombkirby 01-29-2012 07:55 PM

Maybe they'll introduce a new dominion map one day that lasts longer. I do wish I could build more than 2 or maybe 3 items before the round is over.

iProbie 01-30-2012 05:26 AM

allow customization in custom games where you can set the nexus hp

probably something like 500, 750, 1000

Yaladilae 01-30-2012 05:55 AM

i was thinking something else, like a deuce sort of thing in tennis, could be interesting

when 1 team reaches zero, if the other team has below 10 health, deuce mode starts
  • Everyone is recalled, and then barred again from exit
  • All towers become neutral, every minion dies, storm shield refreshed, and health pack
  • All gear stay the same, gold count as well
  • Both nexus gets +150 health
  • Then anounce "deuce mode starts in 30sec" > "The battle has begin"
(needs a prettier name lol)

But on another note, i don't like extended game because of heavy wife aggro.

WaterD103 01-30-2012 06:25 AM

I wish dominion games should go slightly longer. I think Removing the stupid -3 nexus health when you neutralize or capture would be a good thing to help that

Whi 01-30-2012 07:25 AM

Well problem is the winning team never push yes for this.

Osheroth 01-30-2012 12:47 PM

Along these lines I'd like to see the Last "Tick" take longer. It's just impossible at the last 5 points to turn it around. I think the Last tick should be locked if there are any captures(3rd tower or to reduce the number to 2-2) in process.

That way if your Ticking down to lose and your channeling to take over a 3rd tower you can channel it(it gives only a few seconds extend to the game and makes the defenders need to really step it up for the last points)