League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Which AD carry should I get? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1759369)

WIMAAC 01-28-2012 06:42 AM

Which AD carry should I get?

I don't know if I should get Caitlyn, or Graves.
Please help,
this will probably be my ad carry champ in ranked along with ashe and trist.

Eagle X D 01-28-2012 07:09 AM

get kennen. kennen is a nice ad carry while also being able to play solo top and ap mid

edit: if you dont believe kennen is a nice viable ad carry go to solo mid forums...

ADGarner 01-28-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WIMAAC (Hozzászólás 20276853)
Caitlyn, or Graves.

Caitlyn has very weak AoE damage so that's some thing to consider. Also you should consider how often you take advantage of her passive and whether or not you have impeccable timing with it.

Her traps are very powerful but you have to have a great grasp of positioning. The net is a skill shot that requires excellent aim. Her ultimate can be blocked and will demand the ability to accurately judge a killing blow based upon your AD versus their effective health.

Ask yourself these questions...
  1. 1: Is your timing impeccable?
  2. 2: Do you have excellent aim?
  3. 3: Is your grasp of positioning great?
  4. 4: Can you accurately judge complicated numbers within a split second?

If you answer no to any of these questions you should play Graves instead of Caitlyn.

WIMAAC 01-28-2012 10:51 AM

i know I have good positioning because I've been playing teemo ever since I started, and my skillshot skills are decent, but I feel that the range on Caitlyn is what makes her so much more powerful.
I already have kennen, but for some reason I haven't been able to get in a decent game with him ever since around level 25, so I gave up on that.
Which characters skillcap is higher?

Gahlo 01-28-2012 11:44 AM

Save yourself the IP and get Sivir while she's still the best one.

ADGarner 01-28-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WIMAAC (Hozzászólás 20282154)
Which characters skillcap is higher?

Ugh that's tough. I would ask this specific question in the competitive or ranked forums to be honest. Players with gold/platinum badges from season one will be a reliable source. If you decide not to do that however I would say Caitlyn requires more skill to be good.

Important caveat however. Just because a champion is difficult to play doesn't mean it's better. There are really easy champions like Garen who stomp and complex champions like Trundle who are kinda so-so. (Although if you have mastered Trundle holy ****)

Liu 01-28-2012 03:54 PM

You should go with Caitlyn. Caitlyn is a very easy champion to use for first timers. It has a longer range than most ad carries and that's what makes it superior than most ad carry champions.

JDmino 01-28-2012 06:56 PM

I will agree with the go for Caitlyn theory here. While ADGarner's comment is true for the most part, it doesn't take long to learn those things.

Pros:
-Relatively strong mid
-Good range
-Nice passive
-Easy farming
-Skillshots (imo, makes champs for fun)

Cons
-Kind of squishy
-Hasn't got amazing sustain
-Her Q loses power with each hit
-Ult can easily be blocked

shadowgift 01-29-2012 07:28 AM

i would tell u to take graves.

with the good runes, u can wreck everything (i know what im saying, hes my main)

p4c 01-29-2012 07:45 AM

graves is good AD carry at this time