League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 37

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Cain, The Forgotten Shield (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1758191)

Lord Kyleshorse 01-27-2012 08:46 PM

[Champion Concept] Cain, The Forgotten Shield

10 Attachment(s)
Please give this concept a decent look at, and tell me what you think. Don't just glance at the art and leave.

Remember, if you see something about this champion that you think you can change, don't hesitate to say so. Just be clear about what needs to change, and most importantly, how exactly should it be changed. For example, if you find something that seems OP, state why and what needs to change in order for it to no longer be OP. Don't just say how something's wrong and leave it at that, otherwise, i won't know how to improve.

*Any similarities to other champions is simply a coincidence*

Cain is an AP Support Tank whose sole purpose is to help out his fellow teammates, whether it's buffing up their defenses, keeping enemies at bay, breaking a chase, or even crippling enemies in a team fight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appearance and Skin Ideas:

Default Skin: Armor color a dark gray steel with a faded gold trimming. The shield on Cain's right is a kite shield, featuring a dark violet insignia and war scars. The gauntlet on Cain's right makes his hand seem twice as large and has a dark violet gem on the back of his hand. Finally, Cain's helmet has a visor that has been twisted and mended, making it impossible to to see his face underneath. On the top of his head is a ribbon of shadows that go about as long as Cain's body.
Art by Vaylore
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...1&d=1385318518

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Role:
Melee, Support, Fighter, Tank

Overview:

Health: Average

Attack: Slightly Below Average

Difficulty: Moderate

Spells: High

Recommended items:
Doran's shield, Ninja tabi, Chalice of Harmony, Banshee's Veil, Randuin's Omen, Frozen Heart.

Stats:

Health: 440 (+90.00/lvl) 2060@lvl18

Health Regen: 2.00 (+0.17/lvl) 4.86@lvl18

Armor:18.00 (+3.75/lvl) 85.50@lvl18

Magic Resist: 30.00 (+1.75/lvl) 76.75@lvl18

Attack: 50 (+3.50/lvl) 114.50@lvl18

Mana: 215 (+40.00/lvl) 935.00@lvl18

Mana Regen: 1.32 (+0.10/lvl) 3.12@lvl18

Range: 125

Speed: 330

Ability Set:
Shield Shock (Q): Cain focuses his dark aura into his shield and charges toward an enemy target, dealing 30/40/50/60/70 (+0.2 per ability power) magic damage to all enemies in his path. When Cain reaches his target, he then releases his aura in a shield bash at the enemy target, dealing 90/120/150/170/190 (+0.4 per ability power) magic damage and knocking back the target.
Mana Cost: 70/85/100/115/130
Cool Down: 15/14/13/12/11
Range: 700
Knockback Distance: 250

Black Moon (W): Cain strikes the ground with his gauntlet, releasing a shock wave of dark energy around him. Enemies caught in the shock wave are dealt 30/60/90/120/150 magic damage (+0.4 per ability power), and slowed by 20/25/30/35/40% for 2 seconds. In addition, allied champions within the radius receive 20/25/30/35/40% bonus movement speed for 2 seconds. Both slows and bonus movement speed effects will be half if the respective units are more than 300 units away from Cain during the casting.
Mana Cost: 50/60/70/80/90
Cool Down: 16/15/14/13/12
Radius: 850

Armor Shade (E): Cain covers himself and an allied champion in a dark aura, shielding both of them for 80/110/140/170/200 (+0.4 per ability power) damage for 5 seconds.
In addition, the following abilities Cain uses while Armor Shade is active receives an additional effect. If Cain uses Shield Shock while using Armor Shade, the knock-back distance of Shield Shock is doubled. If Cain uses Black Moon while using Armor Shade, the slow duration and bonus movement speed duration of Black Moon is increased by one second.
Mana Cost: 60/60/60/60/60
Cool Down: 17/16/15/14/13
Range: 700

Oblivion (R): Cain charges an orb of dark energy for 2 seconds and throws it at a target location. Upon impact, the orb damages all enemies for 200/250/300 (+0.6 per ability power) and blinds and silences all enemies for 1.5/2/2.5 seconds. During the channeling, Cain is still able to cast the orb by pressing R a second time, but the radius will be smaller.
(The beginning radius during channeling will be at 50% the maximum, and gradually increase by 25% every second. The radius before casting will slowly expand to allow players to measure how big the radius would need to be, given the situation.)
Mana Cost: 120/130/140
Cool Down: 130/120/110
Range: 650
Radius: 600
Projectile Speed: 1500

By the Shield(Innate): Cain gains 3/5/7 armor and magic resistance for each allied champion within 800 range and grants all allied champions within this range half this bonus as a passive aura.

Major Edits:
Converted Q (originally One Man Standpede) into Shield Shock.

Converted W (originally Shield and Claw) into Black Moon.

Lore:
When most people think of knights, they usually think of gallant heroes in shining white armor. They picture them on a battlefield, fighting in the name of their king, and his people. What some may not know is that with some knights, their shield was more valuable than their sword. It was considered their greatest tool in both fending off the evil in front of them, and protecting the people behind them.

Cain Lunoire was a prime example of one of these knights. He was once a proud soldier of Demacia, and commanding officer of Demacia’s first known military defense division, the Shields, knights who bore a giant round shield on their left, and a gauntlet on their right, infused with white magic concentrated in a single, gleaming stone on the back of their hand. History records stated that Cain had died in glorious battle against an evil entity, giving his brothers time to escape from a similar fate. Afterwards, King Jarvan III had disbanded the Shields, enlisting them into the Dauntless Vanguard.

But for this event, memory was much more reliable than official text. It was true that Cain had fought against and fallen to an evil force that threatened Demacia, but he didn’t protect his fellow Shields, because they weren’t there to be protected. The Shields were raised and trained to stand against any foe, no matter dark or nightmarish they might be. But it seemed as though only one had turned out right, for the very soldiers who Cain called his brothers fled the battle during his time of need, not one turning back. At that moment, Cain can only scream in anger. Cain, forced to fight the endless onslaught of shadows alone, eventually fell to ground, only to be dragged and captured by the creatures. Cain was thrown into the dark fog, where he no longer felt any sense of life.

As he drifted in what seemed like an endless sea of darkness, his armor began to morph and reform into a more dark and twisted form. He was no longer the knight in shining white armor; only a corrupted monster covered in steel. Cain continued to drift in darkness for the next seven years, unaware of the current events of Runeterra. Yet through the years of isolation, Cain was still fueled with rage and vengeance given to him by his fellow soldiers. He swore that, no matter what the cost, he would carry out one true goal to exact his revenge, and spread the blood of every Shield who left him for dead, whether they regretted it or not.

Mind set, Cain noticed what he thought he would never see again. A light, small and faint, yet still visible, appeared before his hidden face. Cain sprinted as fast as he could, and as he did, the light began to grow and grow. He continued to run until he was completely covered in light. Cain didn’t know what to believe. He was finally released from what seemed like an endless nightmare. But then an image appeared before Cain, a vision that he thought he would never have to experience. The Institute of War, in all its glory, overlooked the forgotten knight. Cain began his journey to the League of Legends, hoping to control the newfound darkness he had now possessed, as well as find out what had happened during his isolation.

Possible Quotes:
“Sometimes, darkness can help you see the true light of things.”- Cain

“I’ve heard of many heroic stories from my father about the Shields. But this abomination couldn’t possibly be their former commander… could he?”- Jarvan IV

“He’s an intriguing warrior to fight beside on the Fields of Justice… and even more intriguing to fight against!” - Mordekaiser

“I find a sudden interest in the creature. I just wish to know the face hidden by that accursed helmet.” - LeBlanc

Speech and hotkeys:

Voice over provided by Poet Ultima: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ure%3Dyoutu.be

Upon selection:
“I am righteous vengeance!”

Movement:
“Fine then.”
“You better know what you’re doing.”
“Darkness is with me.”
“My shield can not be scratched.”
“Don’t test me, summoner.”
“The Darkness is my weapon.”
"Where are they?"

Attacking:
"Let's get this over with then!"
"Ready to face me?"
"Taste my steel!"
"I will bash in their skulls."
"Finally, my shield arm's been getting flabby."

Upon casting Oblivion:
“Here is a taste of true darkness!”

Taunt:
“Come here, and meet the face of my shield!”
*Cain bangs on his shield with his gauntlet*
"You remind me a lot of my brothers... they were cowards as well!"

Joke:
"Come to the darkness... we have cookies."
"Make way for the Cain Train!"

Dance:
Cain first plants his shield in the ground while it's still attached to his arm. Cain then kicks himself off the ground and spins in place like a top. Cain will eventually stop spinning and hang in place, where we will do a back flip and land on his feet, ready to spin again.

Upon slaying Jarvan IV, Garen, Xin Zhao, Shyvanna, Galio, or Lux
"Your resolve... is pathetic."

Upon every third consecutive death:
"I... hate... this game."
*Cain is brought down to his knees as a pool of darkness emerges beneath him. Shadowy hands emerge and drag Cain into the abyss, preparing him to fight with their power once more*

Trivia:
Cain's first name was an unintended reference to the son of Adam and Eve, due to how Cain kills his brother Abel, while Cain Lunoire quests to kill his Shield brothers.

Cain’s last name “Lunoire” can be a rough French translation for “Black Moon”

Cain would be the first Demacian to ever side with Noxus.

It's possible that the dark fog, the source of Cain's newfound powers, originated from the Shadow Isles.

The name of Cain's innate "Phalanx Fighting" is a term used in ancient Greek warfare, which involved multiple soldiers forming a wall with their shields and forcing the enemy back.

Cain's death speech "I.. hate... this game." breaks the fourth wall.

Relations:
Hoping to find his Shield brothers on the battlefield, Cain defected to Noxus. Swain welcomed him with open arms, hoping for Cain to contain Demacian secrets, but begins to question Cain's loyalty after learning of his past as well as his vengeful quest.

It’s rumored that Cain can sometimes be found in the Noxus Slums dueling against Mordekaiser.

Cain shares a mutual respect with Nautilus, knowing how it feels to be betrayed.

Interested in his strange abilities, LeBlanc constantly tries to recruit Cain into the Black Rose. All attempts have so far failed.

So that's all details on Cain, The Forgotten Shield. I've developed this champion for months and I really hope all you guys like him. If you like this champion, upvote and leave a comment about what you like and what you might change.

Thank you!

Also, it terms of copyright issues, I give Riot permission to use any and/or ALL ideas from this thread. I know the chances of just having a piece of the idea used for Riot are extremely low, but I really want to see this happen if possible.

Lord Kyleshorse 01-28-2012 07:45 PM

Still waiting for likes or even comments... aaaany monent now.

Lord Azhron 01-28-2012 11:45 PM

Kyle quit bumping the post or people will get angry.

Lord Kyleshorse 01-28-2012 11:46 PM

..... sorry.

Lord Kyleshorse 01-29-2012 11:13 AM

If you see something about Cain that you think you can change, don't hesitate to say so. Just be clear about what needs to change, and most importantly, how exactly should it be changed. For example, if you find something that seems OP, state why and what needs to change in order for it to no longer be OP.

Lord Kyleshorse 01-29-2012 11:51 AM

*Updated!*

Captain Skip 01-29-2012 12:51 PM

God **** it Kyle quit megaposting.

Lord Gigglez 01-29-2012 05:20 PM

The fact that we are all lords doesnt help

blackbrädpitt 01-29-2012 05:37 PM

this sounds amazing! i hope riot checks this out :)

Zakur the Bright 01-29-2012 06:11 PM

Idea for Cain Skin: Light/Demacian Cain (Cain back to normal when he was still a Demacian Knight)