League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Level requirement for ranked games increasing to 30 (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=175678)

Pendragon 07-20-2010 06:33 PM

Level requirement for ranked games increasing to 30

1 Attachment(s)
Summoners!

In response to customer feedback regarding the ranked games we have decided that summoners must reach level 30 in order to be able to participate in ranked play. While we understand that this will spell disappointment for some, we believe that it is important to ensure that the playing field is level before players do battle in a ladder setting. We made this decision in response to our initial data from ranked play, which has shown that players below level 30 leave up to 4.2% of games while level 30 players leave around 1.1% of games. Additionally, players below summoner level 30 trend towards win rates as low as 35.2%, whereas summoners of level 30 currently have an average win rate of 52%. We have also shown that overall player quality improves drastically as summoners level up to 30. We've attached a few graphs to help illustrate the point.

For those players whom this affects, we apologize for the inconvenience. But don't give up! Your current ranking will not be lost while you finish leveling. You're so close to the finish line! Courage!

This change will be made during tonight's maintenance

Tricolor 07-20-2010 06:36 PM

first upvote for u in a long time....

edit:first post^^ good graph btw...

SSSlippy 07-20-2010 06:36 PM

Removing the champion requirement would be nice. Forcing users to have a certain number of champions by 30 makes it tough for people to have champs and runes.

Olion 07-20-2010 06:37 PM

FINALLY. thanks riot, I'm really tired of playing against all level 30's when I have more than one low 20 on my side. :D

tehgamedude 07-20-2010 06:38 PM

And a great way for people to buy XP boosts ftw!
Thanks Riot!

Malzahearty Soup 07-20-2010 06:39 PM

E-e-e-excellent.

K n u 07-20-2010 06:40 PM

Dont we feel that with the ranking system the way it is, this may come a bit to late? I know ratings are still fresh but obviously some high lvl premades have benefited from these numbers.

Maybe im exaggerating the thought and the first week isnt all that impact-full.

Overall a very welcomed choice.

Demonling 07-20-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSSlippy (Hozzászólás 2052914)
Removing the champion requirement would be nice. Forcing users to have a certain number of champions by 30 makes it tough for people to have champs and runes.

Actually with 4 bans and a 10 champions selection, lets say that the 13 other characters you own (which all happen to be free that week) have been either selected or banned, you still have a choice left. Otherwise, You may not have a hero left to choose? Meh...

kioik 07-20-2010 06:40 PM

Cheers!!!

Spunkify 07-20-2010 06:41 PM

Good to see the numbers backing the argument. +1 most def