League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Tired of being the best of a bad team (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1743199)

Strikerfox 01-23-2012 01:40 PM

Tired of being the best of a bad team

I'm sure everyone goes through this. You reach a point where you are picking last in order to balance a random team, but it doesn't do any good. You dominate your lane for the first 10 minutes, but every other lane loses. Then, you have calls telling you to help top, mid, or bot, but the champs from those lanes have already given up 3-5 kills and you find yourself outmatched. You hold on, but the lane that you came from starts to suffer. Turrets fall, more feeding, and next thing you know you're dying because there's a level 17 Shyvana and you've just hit 13. Not to mention, everyone else on your team hasn't hit double digits.

Should I give up on random play and try to find a clan? I can tank or solo top well, given the other lanes don't feed. All my deaths come mid or late game when the opposing team is op and there's no use confronting them. I just need advice.

SavageWolves 01-23-2012 01:46 PM

Oh the woes of normal blind pick. My opinion: In the end normal games don't really matter unless you really care about winning or you only play normals. Try a few games of normal draft mode, which tends to force players to make intelligent picks.

I know your pain. I felt it ~15-25.

Riot Ambassador 01-23-2012 02:07 PM

Hey Strikerfox,

When it comes to games with Randoms you never really know what you're going to end up with. Of course, some games you do really well and your team makes it to victory. But we have a habit of remembering the really bad games more often than not.

I try to go into such games as "You win some, you lose some."

Ultimately LoL is a team game, and it's just not always possible to single handedly carry your team to victory. If you feel like you're getting a good hang of LoL's strategy's then don't hesitate to seek out a clan. Playing with other players you know and trust can be a very rewarding experience. Nothing really beats the rush of pulling off a coordinated gank.

Or turning a losing game, into a winner with some awesome team fights.

-RoreBAWW
Riot Ambassador

Strikerfox 01-23-2012 02:23 PM

I've never really cared about winning or losing if it's a good game. I've had startling turnarounds both to the detriment and betterment of my team and I won't complain about those. In those cases, win or lose, it is a gg. I think for now, I'll keep playing normal blind. It's awful and demoralizing, but I think I'm getting better as a result. I have noticed that my early game has improved greatly even if mid and late game suffer from feeding. I wish there was a way to show stats on a timeline. I'm not trying to qq or blame everything on my team, but at least I'm no longer the targets of the ragers and qqers.

I would like to thank Riot for addressing this post directly. Every interaction with the Riot staff so far has been pleasant and that includes the whole Caitlyn codes episode.

God is Dead 01-23-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador (Hozzászólás 20092198)
Hey Strikerfox,

When it comes to games with Randoms you never really know what you're going to end up with. Of course, some games you do really well and your team makes it to victory. But we have a habit of remembering the really bad games more often than not.

I try to go into such games as "You win some, you lose some."

Ultimately LoL is a team game, and it's just not always possible to single handedly carry your team to victory. If you feel like you're getting a good hang of LoL's strategy's then don't hesitate to seek out a clan. Playing with other players you know and trust can be a very rewarding experience. Nothing really beats the rush of pulling off a coordinated gank.

Or turning a losing game, into a winner with some awesome team fights.

-RoreBAWW
Riot Ambassador

The core of the issue here is that Riot has one massive public server. Thus allowing every sort of person out there to be on your team. People who troll, people who are 10 years old, people who just dont care about the game, people who don't care about winning and ruin the game for those who do care, and so forth.

You offer a solution of doing only premades, which is just useless help for us. It's literally impossible to always have a premade ready when you want to play. Often times we want to just jump on and play. But since the game is free to the whole planet... you never know who you'll end up with. If money was involved, you'd have a much higher chance of people on your team being those who "care."

Easy solution would be to keep the current public servers and make new "pay only" servers, for all the serious players who want to win matches and become better and better, not get dragged down into elo hell and so forth with a bunch of scrubs who "just dont care" but for some reason think its entertaining to play in ranked.

Sincerely,
Bitter Player

MoonChildQc 01-23-2012 02:39 PM

Well i know what ur talkin about... I'm a big AP player and as an AP, depending which champ ur playin, u can't always carry a team.. Here's few games ive lost that i remember:
Cassiopea : 17/3 | 25/5
Fiddlesticks : 29/7
Brand : 19/4
Karthus : 33/10
Fizz 28/4

And the games that in the first 25 minutes ur 10/0 and when games finish ur at 12/9 -_-

So yeah, a bit tired of that...

Strikerfox 01-23-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonChildQc (Hozzászólás 20093505)
Well i know what ur talkin about... I'm a big AP player and as an AP, depending which champ ur playin, u can't always carry a team.. Here's few games ive lost that i remember:
Cassiopea : 17/3 | 25/5
Fiddlesticks : 29/7
Brand : 19/4
Karthus : 33/10
Fizz 28/4

And the games that in the first 25 minutes ur 10/0 and when games finish ur at 12/9 -_-

So yeah, a bit tired of that...

I've been there, but what's really bothering me is when I go from 5/0 as a tank to surrendering the game at 5/7 and my carries all are at 0 to 2 kills

lvlostwanted 01-23-2012 04:04 PM

i wish they can match up us based on our skills...

cabforpitt 01-23-2012 04:33 PM

Yeah, I feel you. I went 24-7 solo top Garen vs a Wukong and Kassadin. I had over half the teams kills, and i wasn't even kill stealing. The rest of the team fed and we lost.

Eskigom 01-23-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvlostwanted (Hozzászólás 20096716)
i wish they can match up us based on our skills...

isn't that what ranked games are for?