League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   The Meta: Four Top and One Bot (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1728518)

GrignardTS 01-19-2012 12:25 PM

The Meta: Four Top and One Bot

While I feel this is the start of the game, much like how SR begins 2 bot 1 mid 1 top jungle, this four top and one bot ends once minions become a non issue.

Yes, much like SR I think there are phases. But, they are different to SR phases.

Its more like Pushing, Turning, Roaming

Because at a certain point, pushing minions becomes so easy that it is more like an after thought.

ActionButlerGO 01-19-2012 12:29 PM

I don't know about that. I might have misunderstood you, OP, but minions are pretty relevant to the entire game. I've nearly broken my mouse on several occasions on account of pinging a turret that is getting neutralized by a well-pushed wave of enemy minions.

Encouraging 01-19-2012 12:39 PM

Interacting with minions is more of a choice in dominion.

Just like people can ignore them and lose a point, they can also waste time attacking them instead of helping their teammates.

Tale Feather 01-19-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Encouraging (Hozzászólás 19934834)
Interacting with minions is more of a choice in dominion.

Just like people can ignore them and lose a point, they can also waste time attacking them instead of helping their teammates.

The cases of the latter are usually more rare than you advertise.

Typically in the case of pushing minions, the reason you having to stop and 'help allies' is because your teammate is out of position. If you have a pusher pushing a creep wave, you don't extend past them. You primarily stay in the brush by them or in lane by them ready to gank the enemy defender when the wave is pushed, or to counter-gank an attempt on them as they push.

The idea is to stay near each other so you may help one another when you get to point, not to rush to harass/attack the enemy on lane and watch as you get raped by two others in jungle.

A pusher champ is doing their job by pressing minions and keeping pressure on the opposing turrets. If you play around that fact the game goes much smoother for all involved.

That said, Pushers need to know where and when to push, and when to pull back. If you're 3 capped and the enemy is mostly afk, play it safe and just make it so that the enemy has to worry about the impending wave if the enemy is over-dedicated top, push bot. Over-dedicated bot, push top or mid.

Either way, ignoring minions usually works against you. They're an easy source of gold (which helps later game hard carry champions become powerful quickly.) And a great asset in taking away the turret advantage of defenders.

Alone, it takes several seconds to neutralize and cap a tower, with a minion wave pushed, it can be done incredibly quickly (And you don't even have to complete the cap yourself in some cases.)

Additionally, for those who build Spellvamp and Lifesteal, opponent's minions are great for getting your life bar filled back up and getting back into the fray without having to go back during a critical moment.

That's not to say there are not more important factors, like map awareness, zone control and knowing the whens and hows on a team fight. But I feel as if the utilization of minions are often overlooked in their importance when they shouldn't be.

XaoGarrent 01-19-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO (Hozzászólás 19934465)
I don't know about that. I might have misunderstood you, OP, but minions are pretty relevant to the entire game. I've nearly broken my mouse on several occasions on account of pinging a turret that is getting neutralized by a well-pushed wave of enemy minions.

If you believe the prestigious dumb****s I keep getting paired with, Minions are never an issue. :|

Suiciding that point being guarded by an Alistar is TOTALLY the correct course of action. Totally.

Gotta get dem Martyr points bro.

Phourc 01-19-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XaoGarrent (Hozzászólás 19938460)
Gotta get dem Martyr points bro.

My favorite joke: "I'm not feeding, I got martyr!"