League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Why So Much Dominion Hate? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1712192)

chebasteba 01-15-2012 06:26 PM

Why So Much Dominion Hate?

I personally think Riot did a good job with this. I've been seeing a lot of people bagging on it lately and I think it's unjustified. Riot got exactly what they wanted to across to their fan base. For a lot of people, such as myself, it's all I really have time for anymore, and actually allows me to play the game more and gain a higher sense of satisfaction, what with a more fast paced environment than slowly farming for 20 minutes before the game really begins, and if someone makes a mistake early on and the game is thrown you'd need to wait an hour before starting a new one. There's always TT but without draft mode it's hard to fit in in my game preference anymore.

Anyway, good job Riot and bravo for an excellent new map. I look forward to your next new map/game mode. If you don't like it then don't play it. But don't bag it because it was indeed a success

chebasteba 01-15-2012 06:32 PM

Bump because I feel more people should see this

WelcomeToTarget 01-15-2012 06:34 PM

Because compared to MC. Dominion blows. If it was just dominion that was leaked then we wouldn't have an issue.

EnsaladaDeFrutas 01-15-2012 06:35 PM

lack of inteligence.. just fast fighting

FluffyNeko 01-15-2012 06:37 PM

It does not appeal to the majority of LOL players as they expected to play some sort of DOTA style game instead of some search and destroy sort of thing.

Gash Manko 01-15-2012 06:38 PM

Because they spent so much time on something that is basically a minigame/practice arena.

Also,some heroes are insanely powerfull (coughrammuscough).

Esarius 01-15-2012 06:40 PM

20 minutes for Dominion
30 minutes for SR

You can't take an extra 10 minutes out of your busy day?

Also, it's completely unbalanced. The zerg rush aspect of it isn't bad, but it's the sheer fact that you lose if you don't have Rammus. Again, I can deal with just mindlessly running around and playing Take and Hold, but losing all because the enemy team has a Tryn, Rammus, Jax, and wins at the last 3 minutes of the game is pretty lame.

Also, I wanted Magma Chamber. I don't get why Riot doesn't see that releasing a new 5v5 map with the same game play is superior than more game types. Did they learn nothing from TT?

HonomonMan 01-15-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnsaladaDeFrutas (Hozzászólás 19756137)
lack of inteligence.. just fast fighting

wait fast fight call for a higher intelligence and reflexes cause you have to know how and when to counter and beat every champion

Still really want magma chamber

Jorick 01-15-2012 06:41 PM

It's less strategic and challenging, more of a fun and quick paced event. There's nothing wrong with that at all, but look at it like this: SR is like an RTS game, Dominion is like a FPS game. Is one objectively better than the other? Nope. But people have preferences, and that's all this is.

That said, people bashing Dominion just because they like it less than the classic DotA style gameplay is silly.

Hawy 01-15-2012 06:42 PM

People wanted Magma Chamber. They wanted the same game but in a different map with different strategies. They got a different game with the same elements that they were used to play with.

Totally different mindset, totally different game.