League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   The more you play dominion the worse it gets. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1693553)

Zulgaines 01-10-2012 02:01 PM

The more you play dominion the worse it gets.

Multiple games in a row now, 20+ kills, less than 10 deaths, shutting down whichever side of the map I'm on. But the matchmaking puts the most horrible people on your team because you're one of the ten people with a couple hundred dominion wins.

If I go bot their lane gets pushed in, they have to send 2 to 3 bot most of the game and yet top still falls, if I go top 2-3 go bot becuase the bot lane can't hold and I'm outnumbered top.

I don't even know what to do besides just quitting dom until things catch up because this is just painful, it's not even fun anymore.

MVpmack 01-10-2012 02:03 PM

Just quit team PvP games altogether, classic is really no better.

I recommend Street Fighter. You don't need a team to win in that game.

ChaoticHypnotic 01-10-2012 02:04 PM

The problem is that many SR players who are used to PvE think they can just jump into Dominion and pwn. This is obviously false, since there is far more strategy and flexibility required for Dominion.

Until the general populus gets 100+ Dominion games under their belts and begin to understand how to play, we'll be running into this problem. In the meantime, play Draft since it tends to filter out the Dominion noobs. This is another reason why ranked Dominion is so important to get out the door...

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH 01-10-2012 02:09 PM

If you're getting 2-3 bot and top still can't take windmill, then it's a matter of bad team composition.

And well, you can always queue dodge when you see a bad team composition...

ChaoticHypnotic 01-10-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH (Hozzászólás 19539327)
If you're getting 2-3 bot and top still can't take windmill, then it's a matter of bad team composition.

And well, you can always queue dodge when you see a bad team composition...

If they are camping 2-3 champions at any tower, it doesn't have anything to do with composition. Just go take a different tower. LOL. If they want to camp, let them, because it only means they aren't defending somewhere else.

twickykid 01-10-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticHypnotic (Hozzászólás 19539133)
The problem is that many SR players who are used to PvE think they can just jump into Dominion and pwn. This is obviously false, since there is far more strategy and flexibility required for Dominion.

Until the general populus gets 100+ Dominion games under their belts and begin to understand how to play, we'll be running into this problem. In the meantime, play Draft since it tends to filter out the Dominion noobs. This is another reason why ranked Dominion is so important to get out the door...

This is 100% false.

I played draft mode soon as it was introduced and stuck with it for 2 months. I only play dominion.

After all the que dodges from other people because of bad team comp, no communication during champ selection, and wrong bans I left draft.

I went back to blind pick just to grind some. Surprisingly players talk during champ selection. They actually try to form a good team comp. The so called OP champs are not really OP (my 1 exception to this rule is shaco).

After about 2 weeks of blind pick I went back to draft again to give it a shot because I was bored. Players still making stupid moves like defending top 1v3. Bot pushing so hard into their turret and getting ganked. Then bot getting taken. While we defend bot top either gets recapped or they get buff. I have seen the stupidest plays ever while in draft mode.

Blind pick players are so much better than draft players and it makes absolutely 0 sense.

OP I am a solo quer too. I know how you feel. However it is a team game. Unless you have a premade team that run together all the time expect disappointment from teammates in solo que. Decide before you go into that game that you are going to do your best win or lose and have fun. If not you might as well be bashing your head into a wall repeatedly.

ChaoticHypnotic 01-10-2012 02:22 PM

I have actually noticed that Draft players tend to be quieter. But, I can't say I've seen them making worse decisions that those who play Blind. I definitely feel your frustration though.

TouchinMyself 01-10-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twickykid (Hozzászólás 19539809)

After about 2 weeks of blind pick I went back to draft again to give it a shot because I was bored. Players still making stupid moves like defending top 1v3. Bot pushing so hard into their turret and getting ganked. Then bot getting taken. While we defend bot top either gets recapped or they get buff. I have seen the stupidest plays ever while in draft mode.

The reason you think BP players are better than draft players is you are clearly bad. Defending top 1v3 is a good idea 95% of the time. Death timers are short enough that holding off 3 while giving your team time to back you up or even just slowing them down and doing as much damage as possible is worth the sacrifice...

Just walking away and giving it up so you dont die is a terrible terrible strategy.

Advice to the OP stop worrying about your stupid KDR and pay more attention to the map... If they send 2-3 bot communicate with your team and suggest taking some points instead of QQing in chat like you probably do...

Bonabon 01-10-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twickykid (Hozzászólás 19539809)
I went back to blind pick just to grind some. Surprisingly players talk during champ selection. They actually try to form a good team comp. The so called OP champs are not really OP (my 1 exception to this rule is shaco).

I see this a lot too. Or even if they don't talk, people usually still try to balance the team instead of everyone insta-locking their favorite AD carry before coming to the forums to complain about Rammus being OP, which seems to be a common misconception about Blind Pick in Dominion, lol.

I usually don't pick anything until I see what other people have started to choose.

twickykid 01-10-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TouchinMyself (Hozzászólás 19540031)
The reason you think BP players are better than draft players is you are clearly bad. Defending top 1v3 is a good idea 95% of the time. Death timers are short enough that holding off 3 while giving your team time to back you up or even just slowing them down and doing as much damage as possible is worth the sacrifice...

Just walking away and giving it up so you dont die is a terrible terrible strategy.

Advice to the OP stop worrying about your stupid KDR and pay more attention to the map... If they send 2-3 bot communicate with your team and suggest taking some points instead of QQing in chat like you probably do...

And this is the problem.

Not only are you giving them gold for your death. You are giving each champ gold for the assist kill. Then they are getting gold for the neutralize and cap. You are feeding them more gold. When you could just recall buy stuff and make a cordinated push with your team. Instead you are dead and your team has to wait for you to res before they can do anything productive.

L2play