League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   @Riot... Let's have a serious discussion. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1692276)

evilXkilla 01-10-2012 06:32 AM

@Riot... Let's have a serious discussion.

Warning: the contents of this post may sound like a rant from a frustrated loyal Dominion player. Please read at own discretion.

--

Riot, whether you believe it or not Dominion is alive and its laughing at all the remarks that come from ignorant SR players calling it a dead and inbalanced game mode.

We're sick of the lack of attention we get.

Anybody can post anything "@Riot" in General Discussion with a small rant saying "I'm a paying consumer blah blah blah u guys suck blah blah" and 2 minutes later you have a red replying "Apologies dear sir, you are a valuable customer to us... "

Valuable customer? Well why don't you treat all your "valuable customers" the same?

Dominion has a large, active and loyal player base.

A very good example of exactly how low Dominion is on Riot's priority list is lack of promotion of NESL. Someone who is in charge of it has posted a change in the rules and community's reaction was - "wtf? There is a Dom tournament?" After a single forum post about it the turnout to the tournament increases tenfold.

^ speaking of NESL tournament why isn't the person who's in charge of it a Riot employee? Why don't you actually pay someone to do Dominion events?

---
* deep breath*
---

Ok apologies for the rant, I believe I'm not alone in this.

I look around our community and I see people that are dedicated to Dominion and put a lot of hard work and sweat into this. If you're having a hard time looking for current reds to be interested enough to moderate Dominion, why not promote these guys? TheFeedski, Nekrogen, WaterD, many others as well put a lot of effort on writing guides, making community websites or even just posting very elaborate replies on every single thread.

Waiting for the map to "mature" to turn ranked on? Oh please, why don't you actually breath some life into us by bringing updates? You promised an adjustment to bot lane, new items, ranked. Why not live up to the expectations?

I'll end this thread by just requesting 2 things:
- active Reds (who actually work internally on the game itself)
- ranked!!!!

--
As a side note congratulations to teams +5, Yomi and TOEWW on first second and third place at this week's NESL. Can't say I didn't predict the outcome this week :p

atheimetal 01-10-2012 08:14 AM

Dominion is the only game mode I play regularly in this game anymore. SR 5's games are too long, laborious, and typically involves one team stomping another team while everyone QQs about everything. I tend to find none of these things regularly in dominion. (obv. people still QQ but since games are short it's so much less annoying)

Doflamingo51 01-10-2012 08:36 AM

I agree. The only red you see actively posting in this forum is the guy with Officer Cait as their avatar.

Riot put so much work into Dominion and people do love it..Rather than just forgetting about it, they could do a much much better job marketing.

I feel ranked would be the next big step, Riot has said they wish to have ranked, but we have yet to hear nay other news about it.

Redenbacher 01-10-2012 08:53 AM

I don't see how the game can 'mature' without a ranked mode, and I have barely played ranked in my time on LoL. In my opinion, Summoner's Rift didn't 'mature' until ranked was implemented.

Turn ranked on, and see what happens. I would imagine you would more easily establish trends among the ranks as ELO starts to rise and fall.

FDru 01-10-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redenbacher (Hozzászólás 19528481)
I don't see how the game can 'mature' without a ranked mode, and I have barely played ranked in my time on LoL. In my opinion, Summoner's Rift didn't 'mature' until ranked was implemented.

Turn ranked on, and see what happens. I would imagine you would more easily establish trends among the ranks as ELO starts to rise and fall.

SR didn't "mature" with ranked. The meta just expanded from being exclusively high end to being part of all levels of play. That still took time, and probably wasn't even directly related to ranked in the first place. Most likely, it had more to do with the professional exposure of the map.

Without media coverage and participation, I doubt anything is going to change about Dominion, just like ranked didn't really help Twisted Treeline. If players don't care about it, ranked isn't magically going to change that... it's going to take a lot more.

Ascleph 01-10-2012 09:23 AM

You cant really compare TT's ranked, since you cant solo queue so of course it wouldnt help it at all.

Korath Arcolite 01-10-2012 10:07 AM

I agree with the OP, I would like to see a little more attention being given to Dom. I know that there is work being done, I would just appreciate it to be a little more visible so that it doesn't feel like Dom is going to be left by the wayside.
I think a ranked mode helps to evolve any game mode. People spend more time seriously theorycrafting and studying counters, coming up with alternative strategies etc when there is someting other than just W:L ratios at stake.
This is a seriously fun game mode and is highly enjoyable. Riot did a good job of it despite complaints by some and a ranked mode would encourage more people to share the enjoyment, and also take the gameplay in Dom to another level.

The LORD saves 01-10-2012 10:20 AM

I was buying champions with riot points when updates for dominion were coming out.

MrMundungu 01-10-2012 11:07 AM

Half my champs, I've purchased with RP mostly for use in Dominion.
It's a great game mode, and I agree we need a little love...
Though honestly, considering how many other MOBAs even have this sort of game mode (that I know of, that is), we've gotten love just with its release.
It does look like Riot is hiring now... perhaps they just need more staff? I prefer Dominion to SR but I wouldn't hold it against them for giving the majority of their attention to SR and new champs.
I just hope Dominion continues to grow is all.

Doflamingo51 01-10-2012 11:07 AM

Bump, really hope we can hear from a red..as it seems to be a big concern with many players.

Edit: Riot should be encouraging reds to post here to help get it more active. I know they are busy respond to threads like "what would happen if you slept with your last played champ"
Also, they could start streaming Dominion games get some people watching and trying it.