League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Draft Mode (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1691243)

VhakulaKhaulepi 01-09-2012 08:31 PM

Draft Mode

Actually not better than blind. Whoever said that was right. =\ Randoms are so scary that I might have to vow never to play by myself again.

Gojna 01-09-2012 08:51 PM

I have a surprising amount of luck with Blind Pick. Haven't had a troll in about 7 games, and have only lost 2 of them (both of which were incredibly close and fun.)

I think Draft is currently for people not wanting to find work-arounds for champs like Rammus.

VhakulaKhaulepi 01-09-2012 08:57 PM

Draft is also a good way to practice for ranked, since ranked is inevitably draft. The real question is whether or not Dom ranked is inevitable.

Ascleph 01-09-2012 09:16 PM

So in one side theres the people not patient enough to deal with slightly longer queue times and be able to pick some of the perma bans: Rammus and yorick.
In the other side are the people willing to deal with slightly longer times and be able to ban and counter pick.
Hmmm I wonder where the better players are!

Of course, people forced to play blind because of extremely long queues dont count, cant be helped.

Gojna 01-10-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascleph (Hozzászólás 19514834)
So in one side theres the people not patient enough to deal with slightly longer queue times and be able to pick some of the perma bans: Rammus and yorick.
In the other side are the people willing to deal with slightly longer times and be able to ban and counter pick.

Of course, people forced to play blind because of extremely long queues dont count, cant be helped.

That's over generalizing the situation for the sake of trolling. I'm going to guess a majority of the Blind players aren't playing it because of an extra minute.

I don't play Draft mode because my experience with it, both in Dominion and Summoner's Rift, is that the player base that cares about ranked/draft game modes is so ridiculously rage-filled and **** about every tiny aspect of this game that it takes all of the fun out of the playing the game itself. If you don't manage to play in the stringent "meta", you get flamed, if you don't play one of the fifteen champions people play, you get flamed, and if anything goes wrong during the match, you're the one who gets blamed.

skyqula 01-10-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascleph (Hozzászólás 19514834)

Between those banning supposed OP champs or those that L2P vs them and figure out the real OP champs? Yeah, i do wonder.... ;D

Annyway, i realy dislike draft pick for dominion. Ppl keep queue dodging for some reason, ppl keep banning/picking the wrong heroes and queue times are longer. Together with the queue dodging that gives a rather big downtime between games. Its just not worth the hassle for me.

VhakulaKhaulepi 01-10-2012 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojna (Hozzászólás 19518409)
I don't play Draft mode because my experience with it, both in Dominion and Summoner's Rift, is that the player base that cares about ranked/draft game modes is so ridiculously rage-filled and **** about every tiny aspect of this game that it takes all of the fun out of the playing the game itself.

Yeah, the attitudes kinda sucked. And even though it was draft, you had people who said, "I've never played Dom before. Didn't mean to do draft!". Yes, really, and it was obvious that he was new. He tried to play along, but some idiot trolled us by going double bot and losing top. So much for draft.

lbgsloan 01-10-2012 05:39 AM

Soloq skill-wise I find it's not a whole lot better, it's just that you can ban champions people have too much trouble dealing with in soloq. Can you beat Rammus? Sure. Can you trust your blind-pick teammates to select their champions knowing there is probably going to be one on the enemy team? No. This same line of reasoning applies to all the other priority bans, so draft mode it is for me.