League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Help thread for players, answer by 1800s. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1690265)

til Days of Blue 01-09-2012 03:29 PM

Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.
 
1 Attachment(s)
Stream link: http://www.twitch.tv/killerken62
Stream will only be on when there is replay review, etc.

You can always come in and ask question (fd list full =[ )

Season 2 ELO: Diamond
Current ELO: Diamond I

Post any question that needed to get answer here.
Good question will be edited to post on top, and bad questions will get ignored.

----Have the time? Go over the whole thread! It will let you learn a lot of stuff =]----

As of now coaching is NOT available. I am currently playing for Team Vex, a challenger ranked 5s team that has a rather long practice schedule.

If it is any other time please refer to this page
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3130361


Starts now.

Edit: Thumb up if you find it useful.
Edit2: Please do not ask some general question such as "Should I buy certain champion". BE SPECIFIC so I can actually help.
Important update! Website is made based on this thread, please give me some feedback on it.

Update to website is stopped now, thank you for the people who had been checking it out.
http://www.leagueoflegendhelp.webs.com/
\



Quote:

Originally Posted by Differences between 1400 and 1800
The differences between 1400-1800...hmm..I will say it is mostly timing and the execution of small details.

For example, a 1400 Ryze will know that he can harass with his Overload (q), but a 1600 Ryze will proceed to increase his damage output by chaining his Rune Prison and another Overload afterward, while the 1800 will use Overload, Auto-attack, Rune Prison, Auto-attack to increase the damage output by another 100.

Do not underestimate these small details, every single time you can execute one more auto-attack, it allows you to push the enemy closer to using his hp pot or close to the 100-200hp gateway to recall, once the enemy recall, you have the upper hand in lane because you can reset the minions, then recall to gain more experience and gold advantage.

Of course, the executions are not limited to lane interaction, but also many other aspects.

For example, when you are playing a Shaco and being chase by the whole enemy team, there are many different "states" a Shaco player can exist in.

1. *Newbie* Using Deceive straight toward his escape path (easily predictable)
2. *Start using map element* Deceive over a wall or into a bush.
3. *Calculating enemy move* Change depend on situation, sometime, even jump behind the enemy.

I am dare to say that I am in the 3rd state, because when I am playing Shaco, I either deceive into area that enemy can never thought of, or I will jump to the back of the enemy team and kill that support/ squishy (<--here is where calculation kick in when you try to escape alive afterward), and if that is impossible, I will try to escape.

You see the differences? Even though everyone know the use of the same skill kit, the execution can create a huge gap between winning and losing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by What role should you take if you think you have the skill for solo ranked Q
If you had just started/ ready to start solo Q, I heavily recommend you to get good with AP carries and jungler.

The reason behind this is because these two roles had most affect to all lanes during the early and mid game, and generally speaking, below 1400s, people will usually surrender at 20 if you have a huge lead.

Support is usually unneeded til 1400s+, and the AD carries start becoming really important after 1500s+.


Gump 01-09-2012 03:53 PM

Why am I bad

til Days of Blue 01-09-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gump (Hozzászólás 19502469)
Why am I bad

Because you don't even accept the summoner's code.

NEXT.

MiC Rřsřft 01-09-2012 04:29 PM

Do you think a low Elo player like myself can improve their gameplay by watching higher Elo (gold, plat) streams? I've been watching players that have a large amount of experience in a role that I want to improve in, (ex. Regi for AP Mid, Nhat Nguyen for Support), but I'm not sure how much I've actually gotten better. How much of an impact does watching better players have upon your own? What do you feel has improved your gameplay the most from Day 1 of Solo Q?

Cenerae 01-09-2012 04:35 PM

Do you think it's necessary to be fully confident at playing every role before seriously starting solo queue, or is it acceptable to only be good at a few of them? In my case, I consider myself good at supports, decent at solo top and jungle, mediocre at AP mid, but awful at AD carries. Would I need to try and bring my weak spots up to par or could I get by with what I'm better at?

til Days of Blue 01-09-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiC Rřsřft (Hozzászólás 19503806)
Do you think a low Elo player like myself can improve their gameplay by watching higher Elo (gold, plat) streams? I've been watching players that have a large amount of experience in a role that I want to improve in, (ex. Regi for AP Mid, Nhat Nguyen for Support), but I'm not sure how much I've actually gotten better. How much of an impact does watching better players have upon your own? What do you feel has improved your gameplay the most from Day 1 of Solo Q?

Watching stream from good players indeed help, but while you are watching, you should always pay attention to few things.

1. The timing and position.

Doublelift plays a really aggressive Caitlyn, if you ever pay attention, he will walk up to the enemy right when they try to get their last hit, that is timing.
Position also matters, for example, if you ever play Irelia or Kennen, you know that you got to jump into the middle of the enemy team or rush for their carries in the back, knowing where to stop so you don't get stuck into the enemy team yet doing damage is really important, that is mostly learned though experience, however, not stream.

2. Items.

Different builds are made for different type of players, For example, Chaox focus on farming, Doublelift focus on killing.

These styles will change their item build (at least for early game), so use their builds carefully.

3. Controlling the map

This is usually the main differences between 1500s and 1900s.
In this range, people will ward all the standard places, but what they have in different is the control. For example, bottom lane Graves went back to get item first, yes, he lost the xp advantage, but if the enemy Vayne doesn't go back right away, she just let the enemy have a long period of time to take dragon without Vayne's damage to threaten them.

til Days of Blue 01-09-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cenerae (Hozzászólás 19504043)
Do you think it's necessary to be fully confident at playing every role before seriously starting solo queue, or is it acceptable to only be good at a few of them? In my case, I consider myself good at supports, decent at solo top and jungle, mediocre at AP mid, but awful at AD carries. Would I need to try and bring my weak spots up to par or could I get by with what I'm better at?

If you had just started/ ready to start solo Q, I heavily recommend you to get good with AP carries and jungler.

The reason behind this is because these two roles had most affect to all lanes during the early and mid game, and generally speaking, below 1400s, people will usually surrender at 20 if you have a huge lead.

Support is usually unneeded til 1400s+, and the AD carries start becoming really important after 1500s+.

Silent Reaper 01-09-2012 04:39 PM

1) If you were 1800 you would have a plat badge?

2) How to carry from 1700 -> 1800?

3) What gender are you? Does it effect your Elo?

4) Whos your role model? (Mines Voyboy)

MiC Rřsřft 01-09-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen (Hozzászólás 19504055)
Watching stream from good players indeed help, but while you are watching, you should always pay attention to few things.

1. The timing and position.

Doublelift plays a really aggressive Caitlyn, if you ever pay attention, he will walk up to the enemy right when they try to get their last hit, that is timing.
Position also matters, for example, if you ever play Irelia or Kennen, you know that you got to jump into the middle of the enemy team or rush for their carries in the back, knowing where to stop so you don't get stuck into the enemy team yet doing damage is really important, that is mostly learned though experience, however, not stream.

2. Items.

Different builds are made for different type of players, For example, Chaox focus on farming, Doublelift focus on killing.

These styles will change their item build (at least for early game), so use their builds carefully.

3. Controlling the map

This is usually the main differences between 1500s and 1900s.
In this range, people will ward all the standard places, but what they have in different is the control. For example, bottom lane Graves went back to get item first, yes, he lost the xp advantage, but if the enemy Vayne doesn't go back right away, she just let the enemy have a long period of time to take dragon without Vayne's damage to threaten them.

Alright, thanks for the advice. I'll keep an eye out. I usually notice players, if they notice their lane opponent has left the lane, such as Graves in your example, pushing the lane so Graves loses out on even more XP and cs. Shouuld I go back, assuming I'm Vayne in the scenario, so I can maintain the item "balance" so-to-speak?

til Days of Blue 01-09-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Reaper (Hozzászólás 19504192)
1) If you were 1800 you would have a plat badge?

2) How to carry from 1700 -> 1800?

3) What gender are you? Does it effect your Elo?

4) Whos your role model? (Mines Voyboy)

1. 1900 is plat

2. At 1700 the game is heavily influenced by team communication, make sure you don't talk **** and make teammates rage quit.

3. It doesn't affect the elo, and I am male.

4. .....


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:14 PM.


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc