League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Domordekaiser (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1689459)

Helixes 01-09-2012 11:32 AM

Domordekaiser

So I just had a lane up as swain versus Mordekaiser. No problem right? Just don't engange him with a lot of minions so his shield doesn't absorb all the poke right? NO!

I don't think I have seen such an amazingly strong bot laner. I honestly feel his only weakness is champ like Kog or cait who can poke at a distance. Dear god if he gets at you he does this insane magic trick were your HP bar disappears, and then he controls your champion, and he does it with just the spell vamp tomb.

Lord help us all, how does he die? He is worse than a good yorick (emphasis on good, a yorick that isn't good is about as scary as a tadpole)

GET REKT FGT 01-09-2012 12:04 PM

He's really easy to defeat to be honest as a bottom laner. I almost usually have no problem against him as Soraka.

What I do is, under normal circumstances I just get an Odyn's Veil instead of a Rod of Ages. The MResist is awesome; turns that little curse into a tickle, plus the minimum 200+ damage rocks him (not to mention he won't attack you as much so that way you don't build up that damage). Coupled with an Abyssal Scepter, he's a pushover (I love harassing a Morde back to a tower, not giving him time to build up his passive shield on Minions)

His weakness IMO is any class that can silence and/or snare at a distance. A great Talon would effectively destroy him, since you want to kill him or damage him enough before he can do enough damage to make his Children of the Grave so dangerous. That's where that silence comes into play.

Not to mention, any Magic Resist would effectively make his Spell Vamp/Iron Man suck, sort of playing a big role on his spell usage (since they all cost health).

How does he die? Magic Resist, Silences, and simply overpowering him. I personally consider Morde a wimpy bot character.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH 01-09-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekis the Seraph (Hozzászólás 19492483)
I almost usually have no problem against him as Soraka.

soraka is op

Nunkuruji 01-09-2012 12:44 PM

Against a champ with silence, sure, it hurts him a lot, but the opponent should be aware of the CD on it, and Morde should be smart enough to invest in tenacity if that's the matchup.

Still, early game, depending on how Soraka vs. Morde decide to position, Morde can still potentially Siphon safely the 3 minion wave, queue up Q (and maybe W) before entering Starfall/Silence range, then slap the minion wave and proc it even if silenced. If it is 3 minions, the last proc off Q will likely still hit a Soraka who stays in range, and Morde has probably only taken damage against his shield - or regardless, spellvamp. As it evolves, either champion can go back and forth with counter items, or the superior strategy may simply be a lane swap, depending on how windmill fights are going.

It's a cute and annoying little magic slap fight for both sides, but Morde is still going to clear minon waves with ease, and is just one of those champions who should at the very least force a stalemate if he's not a complete noob.

Odyn's is certainly very dangerous in a committed fight where your MR has been shredded. No doubt. Great item.

Talon's silence is too short to matter, particularly with tenacity. The question for any champion is whether or not they have enough health & defense to survive the inevitable burst. A smart Morde with Sweeper will already have Q queue'd up to beat Talon's face in on the teleport, thereby foiling the invisibility as he transitions into his ultimate.

GET REKT FGT 01-09-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nunkuruji (Hozzászólás 19493718)
Against a champ with silence, sure, it hurts him a lot, but the opponent should be aware of the CD on it, and Morde should be smart enough to invest in tenacity if that's the matchup.

Still, early game, depending on how Soraka vs. Morde decide to position, Morde can still potentially Siphon safely the 3 minion wave, queue up Q (and maybe W) before entering Starfall/Silence range, then slap the minion wave and proc it even if silenced. If it is 3 minions, the last proc off Q will likely still hit a Soraka who stays in range, and Morde has probably only taken damage against his shield - or regardless, spellvamp. As it evolves, either champion can go back and forth with counter items, or the superior strategy may simply be a lane swap, depending on how windmill fights are going.

It's a cute and annoying little magic slap fight for both sides, but Morde is still going to clear minon waves with ease, and is just one of those champions who should at the very least force a stalemate if he's not a complete noob.

Odyn's is certainly very dangerous in a committed fight where your MR has been shredded. No doubt. Great item.

Talon's silence is too short to matter, particularly with tenacity. The question for any champion is whether or not they have enough health & defense to survive the inevitable burst. A smart Morde with Sweeper will already have Q queue'd up to beat Talon's face in on the teleport, thereby foiling the invisibility as he transitions into his ultimate.

Yeah, but almost every Morde I've encountered, both on the enemy and ally team, build like glass cannons with Spell Vamp instead of any form of Tenacity, lol

Nunkuruji 01-09-2012 01:35 PM

Tell them to go back to Derpmacia then.

Forestgreen02 01-09-2012 02:53 PM

If you play melee and rush Wit's End. Wait for Morde to blow his E, as soon as he does rush in for kill. Morde will panic and will only have W and Q. Chase him all the way out into his point. Go take health pack and bum rush him. Sustained attack is the only way to kill a morde. Get QSS or if not bait him into using ult then go b. Come back and kill him.

larkhill 01-09-2012 03:16 PM

first off, get qss early. u WILL need it against morde. without it, u lose. his ult + ignite beats u every time.

then get a spirit visage and build pure dmg/cdr. building defensive is silly cause his ult does %hp dmg and he has no other real sources of dmg to worry about.

MVpmack 01-09-2012 06:33 PM

Most top tier bottom picks beat Morde. He might have a favorable (more favorable?) matchup vs. Yorick if he has a lot of spellvamp, iuno.

I did play Ryze vs. Morde once and the Morde managed to hold his point against me, since he pushes much harder than Ryze does. I eventually won the lane lategame due to Ryze scaling but it was surprisingly close.

Other than that, I think that Morde is kind of weak bottom. He should do better than Swain, he pushes way harder than Swain does and he's hard to poke as Swain. Obviously that's going to be a problem, but Swain would have a problem with Ryze, Soraka, Yorick, Heimer, Cassio etc.

Honestly if it doesn't beat several of the top bottom laners it is probably bad. I think that Morde might be a decent counterpick vs. Yorick or Urgot but any good harasser/pusher will beat Morde badly.

Shaxtenn 01-09-2012 10:56 PM

Morde can be utterly insane. I used to think he was worthless, but my opinion has totally changed. I'm glad I don't see more competent ones. Most of them build a revolver, Rylai's, then tanky items, do mediocre damage, ult at the wrong time, and die without much trouble. I believe off-tank Morde is the wrong way to build him.

I played against one who went full offense. I forget exactly what he built, but I think there was a WotA, Gunblade, and Void Staff in there. He relied on Creeping Death for armour/MR. He just straight-up murdered anyone he fought. Mace of Spades does nuts damage on a single target. He itemises extremely well with both spellvamp items, so his 1v1 potential is crazy.