League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Your own hero should have their own color (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1684)

Đraven 07-25-2009 01:47 PM

Your own hero should have their own color

I sometimes loose track of my player when things get really crazy. Seems like a great way to fix this would be to change the color of your player (to say yellow). That way, even when I'm close to my teammates, I can easily and quickly spot which character I am.

Aphextwin 07-28-2009 12:52 AM

i agree 100% on this it can get confusing at times and you end up losing your hero

Shredder 07-28-2009 11:47 AM

A hotkey that directs you to your hero would also be a great fix as well as to sometimes when I run in I can't fix myself to seeing my own hero. Maybe say.. f1? or 1 perhaps would work?

Churchypoo 07-28-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shredder (Hozzászólás 22853)
A hotkey that directs you to your hero would also be a great fix as well as to sometimes when I run in I can't fix myself to seeing my own hero. Maybe say.. f1? or 1 perhaps would work?

That's there already, push space.

Omnipotent 07-29-2009 03:54 AM

But the color change for hero or team mates or enemies must be added / implemented. I really really keep loosing my hero in the middle of the rompus. It should be customizable also, some are color blind to some colors.

Fusion 07-29-2009 04:11 AM

Loosing your hero is extremely easy, when I am on red team and play annie, I loose her even when I'm looking at her, because she's the same color as the creeps. It would be nice to have a color under the hero or.. anything to help point them out when things get crazy

Nosaj 07-29-2009 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shredder (Hozzászólás 22853)

Shredder, I'm assuming your camera is unlocked? You can either re-lock it for that, or hold down spacebar. Holding spacebar will lock the camera to your hero until you let go of it. Once you let get the camera is back in free mode.

Riptwisted 07-29-2009 08:26 AM

Colors are a great idea but i don't think its the way to solve this issue. In dota even with the colors it never helped me locate myself or see myself better on screen. it only helped me to pick out which enemy was were. I also believe it promotes bashing. Char names like Yellowisafag or Purplesucks or blueballhost to name a few. The ping system works way better to pic out a target and the space bar is so amazing at re-centering your view colors are probably not needed. I was never one to scan the map and constantly look at what others are doing. i can now and still dodge spells and the junk.

WetPoo 07-31-2009 08:22 AM

I think an aura at the feel of the hero in some arbitrary (customizable?) color would at least would be pretty helpful. Having played dota for a loooonnnggg time - i dont often lose track of my hero (exceptions like aoe buttsuripise duly noted) but it is a cool idea.

Omnipotent 07-31-2009 08:51 AM

Or better yet, just keep things the same, TEAL and RED, however my hero should have a different color overall, something like GREEN or PURPLE ... or mmmm.. YELLOW! An outlined 'aura' around my character would also certainly help.