League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Why I quit LoL pt2: Revenge of the Nubs (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1674302)

DTRUCKINGRAILER 01-04-2012 04:00 AM

Why I quit LoL pt2: Revenge of the Nubs

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/seecozimbad.jpg/
[self titled "see coz im bad", nuff said]

in support of my previous statement. if i don't do this, we lose.
why. every game. must i do this?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Lol community can I ask you a simple question. Two teams compete to win both give it there maximum.

Team A comprises individuals with experience as follows: 350 games, 10 games, 10 games, 10 games, 10 games

Team B comprises individuals with experience as follows: 100 games, 100 games, 100 games, 50 games, 50 games

Can I ask you a simple question? Who wins the above game?

Answer:
Did you answer Team B? Gold Star go to the top of class.

This is an obvious matchmaking flaw that Riot has implemented, it will compile a team based on the rough experience of everyone as a whole instead of how experienced each individual is compared to his teammates.

Kuznets 01-04-2012 05:19 AM

Ok what do you prefer, to get a game like this in 5 mins or wait 2 hours for a team:
350 games 350 games 350 games 350 games 350 games?

I'm pretty sure MM algorithms are fine, the only reason you are getting such games is because of lack of people playing dom.

lbgsloan 01-04-2012 05:31 AM

Wait, are you saying YOUR team was bad in that image? Because I see a Nocturne with Last Whisper against a team with no armour, a Mao with a Sunfire over a Frozen Heart, and AS Orianna on theirs. The only ones with a derp build on your team are glass cannon Xin and Heimer with a philo.

Remember that games played have nothing to do with skill or elo. On of the 50 games people in the above example could be 50-120. I wouldn't want that guy on my team over a 10-0 player.

Muggsly 01-04-2012 06:02 AM

If you quit why do you keep coming back and posting on the forums. Should change the title to "Why I am crying for attention pt2"

Oddjustice 01-04-2012 09:22 AM

Dude, they closed your last thread, why are you still here?

Ascleph 01-04-2012 09:25 AM

Why no one gives a ****:

Basoosh 01-04-2012 09:27 AM

Likely Team B, but you never know. Experience is great and all, but it's not always the true indicator of skill. I have a buddy (who I unfortunately play Dom with from time to time) that has 700 dominion wins. He's awful at it. Completely putrid.

But now that I've answered your question, answer mine: How are you so certain that Team A and/or Team B were created because of bad matchmaking and not because of a duo-queue (or 3-man or 4-man or 5-man queue)? If you are in charge of matchmaking and a 300 win player duo-queues with his 10-win buddy, what do you do? Do you let them sit in the queue for hours until an identical team comes along? Do you delay the queue of other players to prevent those kinds of situations? What if a 4-man crew with identical wins queues up. Do you sit and wait aeons for another 4-man to queue up? Or do you combine a couple duos and a few solos for them to play against? And on top of all of that, you've gotta make the underlying Elos at least close. What if you've got a plat player queued with his real life buddy that just started? What if that 4-man is made of up guys that run the gamut from great to poo? Who do you pair them up with?

Matchmaking is a battle. You can have stricter matchmaking with longer queues, or you can have more lenient matchmaking with shorter queues. I personally think LOL's matchmaking does a decent job of balancing it all.

Oddjustice 01-04-2012 10:27 AM

<3 Basoosh

twickykid 01-04-2012 10:46 AM

If you have played 300+ games you should be matched with ONLY people with at least 75 games. All this talk about que times that I never see. Yes draft is about 2-3 minute que. Blind pick is instant.

If you have a high que time that has more to do with the amount of players in your region server. It has nothing to do with ELO or the matchmaking.

Until ranked happens there is no fixing this.

Yaladilae 01-04-2012 11:59 AM

Poppy, no deathcap, no lichbane

they have no long duration cc, and you have moonflair spellblade
they have like no magic resist, so you build void staff first

I see