League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 23

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   NESL Dominion Tournament Changes! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1663301)

Tassenix 12-31-2011 03:52 PM

NESL Dominion Tournament Changes!

EDIT 02/20/2012: The pick/ban rules have been changed! See below for details.

Fantastic news, Summoners!

The NESL Admin Team has been watching the week-by-week attendance of the Conflict on the Crystal Scar event, and it's not where we'd like it to be! After reviewing the tournament structure, NESL and RIOT have agreed to change the event to encourage more consistent, regular play. These changes will be effective starting with the next tournament on January 2nd, 2012.

Without further ado, below are the NEW complete rules for this event:

The Structure:

1.) The tournament will be held Monday evenings starting at 9:00PM EST.
2.) It is a 32 team tournament, single elimination. Since there a limited number of slots each week, sign up your team ASAP!
3.) Picks and bans are to be done through the in-game Tournament Draft Mode system.
  • The higher seeded team must host the Tournament Draft custom match and be on the left side of the lobby.
  • Teams should take screenshots of the champion picks and bans before the match begins, and then attach them to the respective match page on the NESL site.
  • If your team wins a match, please take a screenshot of the post-game screen showing all the players involved and attach it to the match page. This assists us in submitting our prize request to RIOT.
4.) Seeding is determined with the final place that your team earned in the previous week's tournament. If your team did not participate in the previous week's tournament, you will be randomly seeded under the lowest earned seed.
5.) It is the responsibility of every team (high seed and low seed) to contact their opponents to ensure that matches start on time.
  • If your opponents are not prepared to start the Tournament Draft game within 15 minutes of the event start time (9:15 EST) or the end of their last match, upload time-stamped screenshots to the respective match page showing your attempts to contact your opponents, and then notify an admin who will advance you to your next round.
  • Teams who are not prepared to begin their matches on time will be disqualified.

The Prizes:

1.) Prizes will now be awarded each week, instead of once per month.
2.) Prizes will be awarded to all members of the victorious teams following the tournament finals.
3.) All-new prize structure!
  • 1st: $20 RP
  • 2nd: $15 RP
  • 3rd and 4th: $10 RP
  • There are no prizes below 4th place.

As you can see, we are no longer awarding prizes for 5th through 8th place since prizes are awarded weekly. However, if demand for this event forces us to open the bracket beyond 32 teams, we will adjust the prize structure to complement a larger playerbase!

We hope you and your teams will enjoy the changes we've made to improve the Conflict on the Crystal Scar, and we look forward to seeing you all Monday night!

EDIT: Link updated for the tournament on 1/30/2012.
Please navigate to the following URL to sign up for the Dominion event!
http://www.nationalesl.com/us/#/us/l...car_16/signup/

Sauron 12-31-2011 04:53 PM

So what exactly are the changes from, say, last week's rules?

Tassenix 12-31-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauron (Hozzászólás 19181217)
So what exactly are the changes from, say, last week's rules?

http://www.nationalesl.com/us/#/us/news/173454/NESL-Launches-Dominion-Event-/

^ Those were the old rules.

Nekrogen 12-31-2011 05:06 PM

No more Triumphant Ryze skins? :(

Sauron 12-31-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tassenix (Hozzászólás 19181440)
http://www.nationalesl.com/us/#/us/news/173454/NESL-Launches-Dominion-Event-/

^ Those were the old rules.

Okay, so to answer my own question:

1). Draft mode must be used now instead of the lobby (It was broken in last week's tourney and allowed 2 of the same champions, so many of us used the lobby to organize the matches).
2). Game creation now relies on seeding. Team seeding depends on previous performance.
3). Prizes have been lowered, but are per week instead of per month. Also no more bundles or skins.

jars 12-31-2011 05:21 PM

the link doesn't bring me to anything about dominion

WaterD103 12-31-2011 07:56 PM

idem the link doesn't bring me to anything about dominion how to sign up my team or join the event in anyway or form
Wow it seems that this tournament Have been running for a while, with naturally only a few teams participants (less than 4) The reason is obvious, the worst publicity I ever saw for a tournament ever. I spend a lot of time in this forum and is the first time I see. Yeah I can see how Riot gives a **** about dominion promoting very well the only tournaments for it's mode. Go go Riot.

Diagas 01-01-2012 12:30 AM

The link doesn't lead to anything..

Tassenix 01-01-2012 08:48 AM

Sorry I couldn't get back to you folks sooner, was out for NYE. But to answer some of your questions...

First, that link leads to the sign-up page for the event. The "check-in" button is what you would click to sign up your team. If you do not have an ESL account, you can set that up from the home page (www.nationalesl.com).

Second, yes, this tournament has been around a while, and yes, it was getting some pretty low attendance. This is why NESL and Riot revised the system. Under the old rules, the only incentive to play weekly was priority seeding, which isn't a whole lot. With these new rules, not only will successful teams be awarded prizes every week, but they'll also have more meaningful seeding. If the event grows to the point of being on par with Go4LoL, we will implement a point-based seeding system that will make seeding even more valuable.

Third, you folks should understand that this tournament is a metric that NESL and Riot will use to determine the future of competitive Dominion events. If this event grows like we hope it will, Dominion could become another major competition within LoL. This smaller, regular weekly tournament will allow us to gauge the level of community interest in Dominion. So, if you're very interested in the growth of Dominion, grab your friends and conquer the Crystal Scar!

Also, here's the link to my original newspost in the NESL site, which has a convenient Sign Up link at the bottom!

Heartless 01-01-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterD103 (Hozzászólás 19186134)
Wow it seems that this tournament Have been running for a while, with naturally only a few teams participants (less than 4) The reason is obvious, the worst publicity I ever saw for a tournament ever. I spend a lot of time in this forum and is the first time I see. Yeah I can see how Riot gives a **** about dominion promoting very well the only tournaments for it's mode. Go go Riot.

So well put xP

I know the site navigation takes a little getting used to - an alternative way to sign up is to go here

http://www.nationalesl.com/us/lol/

And roll over the Teams button, and pick which event you want to sign up for.

There is then a sign-up button in the row of buttons beneath the Teams button.

Edit: Also on the front page of the LoL section of the site, there is a list of Upcoming Cups. You can also click the event you want to sign up for there too.