League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Lee Sin as a jungler? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1653311)

Aceist 12-28-2011 07:58 PM

Lee Sin as a jungler?

I heard that he was nerfed recently, and with him being the sale coming up I want to buy him.

Was he really nerfed to the point were no one plays him anymore?

If not, could you link me to nice guide for him?

24 7 Dubstep 12-28-2011 08:03 PM

The nerf didnt really hit him hard in anyways. I still continue to jungle lee all the time and solo top well. Lee Sin Free Win :\ if you want guides look @ solomid.net

ExecutionerK 12-28-2011 08:21 PM

Lee sin takes more skill than most jungler as you have 2 gap closer skill.
He has highest mobility as a jungler, and he does have a skill shot that defines how good the summoner is.

He takes time to learn, but he is a beast in the right hand (Slower jungle time compare to AoE jungler like Skarner though)

thepantsparty 12-28-2011 08:36 PM

If you can't land his Q reliably you will completely fail with him

If you can land his Q reliably will destroy everything

Aceist 12-28-2011 08:47 PM

I know how to jungle. I don't really do anything but jungle.

Is mobafire a better place then solomid in terms of guides?

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/listen-to-their-heartbeat-a-jungle-lee-sin-build-116481#chapter8

Is this guide outdated, or still would work?

ExecutionerK 12-28-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aceist (Hozzászólás 19071789)
I know how to jungle. I don't really do anything but jungle.

Is mobafire a better place then solomid in terms of guides?

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/listen-to-their-heartbeat-a-jungle-lee-sin-build-116481#chapter8

Is this guide outdated, or still would work?

Mobafire guides tend to be unreliable, but some of them are really unique (including TROLLING) I will stick to solomid guide.

SuperSobotka 12-29-2011 12:03 AM

if your picking up sin i recommend playing him with w on smart cast! it will make your life much easier

PwnSword 12-29-2011 05:58 AM

Why would'nt you put Q and R on smart cast as well? That's how I play him.

Jirafaro 12-29-2011 07:35 AM

I'd consider myself a great lee sin jungler and I'd be happy to help you with any questions about lee sin jungling you have. I'd prefer to just tell you over skype because... well there are a LOT of things to cover, like are you a first time jungler ? or just with lee sin? what path to follow ? How i like to do it. etc.. however, I will tell you now, I LOVE LEE SIN JUNGLING . Lee sin is one of the best if not the best jungler imo ( in the right hands ) . for the basics, to jungle successfully as lee sin make sure to take careful notice of your passive, which basically means u need to use a move (if possible) every 2 hits to maximize the strength of lee sin as a jungler. Many people start with the scepter, however, I have found that on EVERY (i've jungled around 8 champions in ranked) champion the best way to start is by getting the +18 armor cloth chest and 5 hp pots. It may be preferance but the ammount of damage you take especially as a non-jungling jungler like lee sin (he has nothing that makes him a great jungler like fiddles drain or nunu's chomp chomp) is significantly lower, so much that you'll be able to almost jungle without having to make a trip back period.( excluding if you chose to gank which i highly reccommend) first off make sure your first move is your E, Now the fun part, I Like starting at wolves because they spawn at 1:39 giving me 16 seconds to kill them which i usually can with a full rune page set up, I always ask for a leash on blue at 2:00 and then i move from wolves to blue. After blue buff grab your W. head over to wraiths then golems then red with smite back up, your move priority should be Q > E/W (debateable which of the two is better i personally prefer E) and of course R > all of them. After red buff if you've done everything correctly you should be at about half hp with a health pot or two left over, use one and head down to gank for mid / top. I'd love to tell you more but my fingers hurt and if you want more add me on skype @ jirafaro. peace and Gl with Lee sin jungling .

http://s1011.photobucket.com/albums/af233/jirafaro/?action=view&current=18-3leesinjungle.png

StrmCkr 12-29-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

I heard that he was nerfed recently, and with him being the sale coming up I want to buy him.

Was he really nerfed to the point were no one plays him anymore?

If not, could you link me to nice guide for him?
lee sins sheilds target range was decreased from 550 -> 500
and his scaling on resoning strike/sonic wave was decreased form 1 -> .9

not much of a nerf {and this was a few months back}

lee sin is one of the hardest in game champs to play well/effectivly - dont get him unless you want ot invest hundreds of games into him to be decent.

better: lee sin's jungle paths don't ever start at blue. { it does help him but it isnt needed until later}
Blue buff does increase you energy regen/5 and the bonus ap scales your shield.

so yes lee can use blue buff, despite contrary opions on whom should get blue buff
{most lee's pass blue buff off to their ap carry}

E - abilites reset his attack speed.
{this is important to note.}

Q as it does 10% mising health and allows lee to leap over walls to jungle faster.

some people start with E using the speed reset to attack faster:

i start with Q for the bonus damage that it deals,+ othe perks that go with it.

Q-E-W-QQR for my first 6 levels,
or
QEWWQR - {for increased surviablity/lifesteal/spellvamp}

i run a 20|1|9 jungle build { i like increased walkspeed and buff increase timer}
optional masteries set up is a 21|9|0

runes:

7 armour pen mark , 2 flat damge marks,
3 flat attack damage quins:
9 flat armour seals
then either flat cdr blues or flat magic resitance or scaling {player prefrence}

summer spells:
smite+ ghost/flash

starting with 5 hp and cloth armour allows for more risky starting
postions and longer early game survivablity while jungling, and allows you to run optimal paths.
over starting with a vampire sceptor and having safer less expgold paths.

{the trade off is the cost of 5 healpots}

lee can start anywhere on the map: for control/coutner jungling
lee doesn't need a leash on buffs. { a hint is to take out hte smaller gaurding creeps first}

lee's jungling paths are variable.

2xgolems,
wraiths,
redbuf ,
2xgolem{have respawed by the time red is dead},
wraiths{have respawned b the tiem u kill golems the second tiem} ,
wolves
blue buff -> gank or contiune jungle creep farming.

typical easy builds for lee is the standard tanky-dps

razers + boots -> Lantern,-> merctreads -> atamas ->warmogs ->triforce -> force of nature
{late game sell lantern for : one of these {hextex gunblade, blood thirster, infity edge, last whisper,}

notes:
Q & R on [smart cast] {faster quicker responsive casting}
W on [smart+selfcast]