League of Legends Community
12345 ... 10

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Leaver penalty. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1617426)

Hobojoe05 12-19-2011 02:07 AM

Leaver penalty.

Can you guys just tell me the leaver penalty levels and what it means on that level.

Panzerfaust 12-19-2011 02:23 AM

Level 1 is a warning, everything above that is suspensions of increasing length, to an eventual permanent ban. Your leaver level will go down as you play games without leaving.

More than that doesn't matter; leaving is bad, don't try to figure out how much you can get away with.

Riot Ambassador 12-19-2011 01:24 PM

Be sure to remember that going AFK in game for a short period of time will also cause your account to be flagged for leaving. Be sure to do everything you can to complete your games fully without leaving, most Summoner Rift games are an average of 30 minutes.

-RyuTres
Riot Ambassador

hi12473 12-19-2011 01:33 PM

They're more like 40, but be prepared to play up to about an hour.

Hobojoe05 12-19-2011 01:54 PM

Does it also count when i'm dead for a period of time and i ctrl esc just to check something and then i come back just before i respawn?

Panzerfaust 12-19-2011 01:56 PM

You're fine as long as you're back by the time you respawn.

Xhieron 12-19-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riot Ambassador (Hozzászólás 18688333)
Be sure to remember that going AFK in game for a short period of time will also cause your account to be flagged for leaving. Be sure to do everything you can to complete your games fully without leaving, most Summoner Rift games are an average of 30 minutes.

-RyuTres
Riot Ambassador

I play on a daily basis, and almost every night I have to go afk for <1-2 minutes twice in one game (both due to my wife's and my nightly ritual for tucking her in, since she goes to bed considerably earlier than I do). I make it a point to try not to be in a game with too many pugs when this happens, and it's never had an adverse effect on my games (I make her wait a few minutes if I'm stuck guarding a tower or pushing, or if I expect to die soon). I've never been warned for being AFK, and have only one or two leaves on my account--due to tornado-related power outages.

To me, that means the system is working as intended. If I ever receive a warning for being afk, I'll ignore it, because I try very hard to be present when the game is running and not leave early unless there's a legitimate emergency. If I ever get suspended for it... well I'll just quit, because to me that means that someone turned a knob too far somewhere, and putting my wife to bed is a lot more important than this game.

That's my experience at least, and I share it to say to the OP--hey man, if you need to go get a drink from the fridge, go get it. They're not clocking your APM to see whether you're there. If you have to drive to the corner and buy one along with a tank of gas, though--yeah, don't do that.

Hobojoe05 12-19-2011 10:14 PM

Lol, ok thankz.

Fruity Walrus 03-21-2012 03:24 PM

I just really wish they had some sort of "Get out of jail" type of thing.
What I mean by that is for the player to be pardoned Once or twice, depending on how much you want to enforce the Summoner's code. I've run into the problem of having to go help my grandparents who are far too old to be able to do many daily things on their own; I think taking care of my family is a tad more important than this game. I see no reason to flag people as Leavers or AFK'ers if the team is willing to handle the loss or even the win (which has happened many times before).
I fully agree, having a full team is a very important thing and for each player you don't have, you lose a valuable asset which may make or break your game (usually breaks or makes it more difficult).
However, people have errands, chores, needs you know, things that they HAVE to do; regardless of whether their in a intense game or not.
I hate to be redundant, but the penalties should have a pardon, at least one, so that player's don't feel upset for getting banned after putting so much time into a game, they already got nothing from leaving and they got a loss, don't you think that's already enough?

TwistWrist 03-21-2012 03:27 PM

Hey, you know what I do when I have something to do?

I don't play the game.

Why do you believe your life and responsibilities make you entitled to screw over 9 other people?

Someone getting a loss is not a punishment when they force that on their teammates as well.