League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Champion recommendation for dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1617235)

legendarynoobie 12-18-2011 11:58 PM

Champion recommendation for dominion

I'm fairly new to this game and am just getting the strategies and builds down. But i only have a few champions unlocked and was wondering if anyone can recommend something better. I know i need better champions then what i currently use. either that, or i just need to get a lot better at this game. Right now, i mostly play Ashe or Garen. I prefer ranged over melee. any recommendations that play similar to these two? If you can, please include a basic build for me to start with. I'm still getting the hang of this game.

kingnedved 12-19-2011 02:44 AM

master yii , kassadin , rammus , singed , hiemer , akali , jax , udyr

FDru 12-19-2011 03:05 AM

Pick Ryze

Stack mana

Press every button

Necks 12-19-2011 03:23 AM

1. Watch the enemy team not ban Kassadin.

2. Push the Kassadin icon and insta-lock in.

3. Mash keyboard thoroughly (the Cheek-to-Cheek Face Rolling technique is recommended) and enjoy your win.

Nether 12-19-2011 12:34 PM

Caitlyn plays somewhat similarly to Ashe, but being new I'm going to assume 6k champs are off the table for the moment.

Tristana is ok on Dominion, pretty straightforward to play, and can be obtained free (with a skin) by following Riot on Facebook. Similarly Alistair is a great tank who can be obtained for free (again with a skin) by following Riot on YouTube.

In all honesty Garen is probably the best champion to learn the game with on Dom. He's very straightforward, and reasonably effective. If you're looking for someone new though Ryze has been mentioned. He's very strong on Dom, and pretty straightforward to play. But the king of the map is Rammus. He's and absolute god on this map and very difficult to stop once you get even slightly good with him. Don't buy him if you plan on playing alot of draft as he is nearly always banned. Other possibilities for a new player include Teemo, Udyr, Poppy, Sivir, Heimer and Singed. Would have said Jax too but it might be best to wait for his rework.

GL&HF :)

legendarynoobie 12-19-2011 03:33 PM

thanks for the help. i guess i'm going to look up some garen strats and builds because i've been getting worked lately. i'm about halfway to get caitlyn so i might consider getting her once i get to that point.

legendarynoobie 12-19-2011 03:34 PM

thanks for the help. i guess i'm going to look up some garen strats and builds because i've been getting worked lately. i'm about halfway to get caitlyn so i might consider getting her once i get to that point.

Curry Nomad 12-19-2011 08:48 PM

Amumu's IP cheap and fine for Dom, your serious damage guys will always appreciate him being around. Bandage is really good on Dom, as you get these fabulous static targets capping.

ColdFireBeast 12-19-2011 09:05 PM

Don't get Caitlyn. She's a more expensive, worse version of Tristana.

Sir Headless VII 12-19-2011 09:53 PM

If you are new you really should just play the free champs for a while until you find one you like. Everyone I have played with has had certain types of champs that fit them better and they do best with and the only way to find them is to play a lot of champs. If you are looking for range this week try out Ryze and ezreal. When I am looking for a strat I usually go over to mobafire.com and look at the highest rated guide to get an idea of what to build and what to do. You will have to modify most of them a bit to fit with dominion (many of the better items are not available and you typically get much less gold so the build has to be compressed) but they are good guides. They have a Dominion section of guide as well but in my experience those guides are not as good (this may have changed).