League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 22

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Sneak Peek – The Journal of Justice (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=159466)

RiotBabagahnoosh 07-09-2010 11:31 AM

Sneak Peek – The Journal of Justice

My name is Shawn Carnes (a.k.a. Babagahnoosh), and I’m the Lead Creative Designer here at Riot Games. Season One is all about changes and improvements to the League of Legends, and LoL’s story development is no exception. Our overall goal for Season One is to treat world development as we do champion development. The first step in achieving this is a commitment to update the progression of the world’s multiple storylines every two weeks.

It’s pretty ambitious – not many games are willing to commit to such intense intellectual property development, especially every two weeks. To help us out with this, we will be introducing an in-game story-driven newspaper called “The Journal of Justice” (JoJ for short). The JoJ will be accessible directly through PvP.net. There will be a new tab called the Story Tab, which is where the Journal will reside. If you want the latest news about Runeterra, then it’s a mere click away.

The Journal of Justice is the voice of the League, written at the Institute of War for you, its summoners. We will be creating content specifically for the JoJ that highlights what we think will matter to you, both as a summoner on the magical world of Runeterra and as a fan of the game. Our first issue will be featuring four articles, as well as a special “letter from the editor-in-chief”. A new issue of the JoJ will be released every two weeks, though there will be a extra one-week delay between Issue One and Issue 2 as we settle in to our planned schedule.

The Journal of Justice is only the beginning of our plans! The next step is to get you, our fantastic community, involved in world development. Once the dust settles down from the launch of Season One, our goal is to introduce a “Like” feature to the articles found in the JoJ. If you like an article, you’ll simply click on the “Like” button at the end of the article. This will give us real data to work with in identifying what story angles you want us to develop. Be rest assured that we’re not going to stop there in figuring out ways to get feedback from you as to where you want the story of the League to go.

We also have plenty of other things in store for Season One besides the Journal of Justice. A majority of the champion biographies are being updated and expanded, and they will soon make their way out to you. We will be releasing a significant lore and history update to the LoL website once Season One gets rolling. A dedicated story and lore section will be developed for the LoL forums. There’s a lot more than this coming, but I don’t want to ruin the surprises that we have in store for you.

With that said, I’m happy to be able to share with you one of the articles that will be featured in the premier issue of the Journal of Justice. I’m really excited about how the Journal will evolve; we are nothing without our great community supporting us, and it only makes sense to have you involved in the story as well.

I look forward to seeing you all in the Fields of Justice!

---------------------------------------------------

Piracy Strikes Demacian Navy
DSS Excursion lost to unknown pirates in the Conqueror’s Sea

BOB NASHAHAGO, REPORTING FROM DEMACIA

The DSS Excursion – a cargo sloop of the Demacian Navy – has been reported lost at sea, an apparent victim of piracy. All hands aboard are currently missing, and no demands have yet been made of the Demacian government for their return.

The Excursion was bound from Freljord to Demacia laden with unspecified trade goods, according to a spokesperson for the Demacia Navy, when audiopathic contact with the sloop was ultimately lost. After twenty-four hours of communications silence, rescue vessels were dispatched to the Excursion’s last reported location.

The Demacian investigation of the ship’s disappearance – led by Demacian Captain of the Guard and a Champion of the League, Garen – reported that some of the logged cargo of the Excursion had been jettisoned into the Conqueror’s Sea approximately twenty kilometers from the vessel’s last reported position. Other debris located near the jettisoned cargo was divined for analysis, revealing that the Excursion had been attacked and boarded while en route to Demacia.

Further divination did not reveal the identity of the perpetrators of the attack, though it was gleaned that the attack occurred at night when most of the Excursion’s crew was in their quarters. The investigation has further revealed that magic use above maximum potency as dictated by the League was used in the attack, and the use of necromancy is believed to have occurred based on the evidence divined. As a result, the League has dispatched a team of investigators led by League Champion Kayle, the Judicator. “We will be working alongside Demacia in their continued investigation,” Kayle said. “Piracy in all forms affects every city-state; only together, through the shared benefits of the League, can we crush such lawlessness.”

Necromancy is known to be permitted as a magical study by only two of Valoran’s city-states: Noxus and Zaun. While the League has not banned the use of necromancy throughout the continent, it is noted that such magic is potentially dangerous when misused even slightly. Extreme caution is advised when dealing with such magic. The League does not sanction the use of necromancy, and the study of necromancy and the manufacture of necromantic items are not allowed within the Arcanum Majoris.

Representatives from both Noxus and Zaun have denounced the attack, though Noxian League representative Katarina expressed concern over Demacia’s “aggressive” trade policies. “Demacia’s continued strong-arm (trade) tactics are reaping the rotten fruit from seeds they have sown for a countless years.”

Garen, when asked about the Noxian response, shot back at his Noxian counterpart. “It is no surprise to me or anyone familiar with the magical atrocities commonly used by rogue forces like Noxus that necromancy was involved in this pirate attack. Rest assured that Demacia will stop at nothing to uncover the truth behind this act of unprovoked villainy. The perpetrators will be brought to justice.”

Agility 07-09-2010 11:31 AM

Cool

DaRkFoRZePoWEr 07-09-2010 11:37 AM

Very nice idea!

Xynaxis 07-09-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agility (Hozzászólás 1890481)
Cool

That sums it up.

SittyTuYeersOl 07-09-2010 11:37 AM

This is the first time i see you on the forums, Babagahnoosh.
And this thread is awesome.

aka Chainsaw 07-09-2010 11:40 AM

Omg Riot, I love you...

I cant wait for season one and MORE TEEMO SKINS!!!

Also, new necromancer champion????

DarklordJoseph 07-09-2010 11:40 AM

Great thread

Ummbeef 07-09-2010 11:40 AM

Moar pirates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shoto Matrony 07-09-2010 11:41 AM

Nice. I hope these articles develop the champions personalities even more.

Smigleesmits 07-09-2010 11:43 AM

Maps matching up to events in JoJ would be nice!