League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   how does the chalice work? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=15878)

DarkenDragon 10-05-2009 04:47 AM

how does the chalice work?

the whole increases mana regen by 1% for every 1% missing is kinda confusing to me so I havnt used this item much

does this mean that it'll increase your total mana regen or only your mana regen from this item?

like since the item only has 7.5 mp5 the most you can get out of this is only 15 mp5? and thats only if your totally out of mana?

or say if you have this and pholospher stone (I know I spelt that wrong) and have a combined 17.5 mp5 and when your out of mana you get 35 mp5?

or am I getting 1% mana regen of my total mana per every 1% mana loss?

jokeeeer 10-05-2009 04:54 AM

You get a percentage of your total mp5 regen.

DarkenDragon 10-05-2009 05:18 AM

so if thats the case then, this item is only good if you get another mana regen item as well? otherwise just 7.5 becoming 15 isnt really much

so which heros would use this? Im thinking casters with spamable abilities that would get the staff that gives you 2% of your mana into ability power?

Patyrn 10-05-2009 11:53 AM

Well it works off your innate regen as well. It's a good item for anyone who needs mana.

Aspartem 10-05-2009 07:00 PM

Claritys? Works too, and costs no gold.

And to answer the Q: the less mana you have, the more mana reg you'll get.

Kishar21 10-06-2009 01:02 AM

I've been wondering this as well. The way it looks like is like your saying; you need to get another mp5 item for it to work. I'd like a Riot staff to answer this; unless someone has tested this.

Kishar21

Lollerman 10-06-2009 01:06 AM

^ It works on your total mana/5, so including your own champion's base regen + regen/level + any mana/5 item you have.

There's nothing to get; you may need another mana/5 item to make it more worthwhile, but one could argue Chalice maximises the effectiveness of mana regen items. Besides, it scales with level and provides some MR.

Corona Nox 10-06-2009 03:12 PM

Chalice + Clarity runes can completely solve a lot of heroes mana problems for cheap.

10-06-2009 06:27 PM

Go test it with amumu get a chalice and leave your activated AOE on and watch your regen. It's good

JacqueClouseau 10-08-2009 02:22 AM

charlice is the cheapest item to get rid of all mana problems i buy it with nearly every champion cos its cheap (800g) with a good starting item manareg for 380g that can be combined with some consumables in the early game.
its very good for heroes with heal abilitys because you have alot of mana.
Nunu, Master Gi, Allister, kayle and Gangplank are very good with that item as first one.
If you play amumu i would start with health regen and tantrum cos its low manacost let you spam it and it has 155 damage whats the highest damage spell on lvl 1-4.