League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 23

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   An Explanation of Ranked Team Ratings (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1578059)

rjcombo 12-09-2011 01:58 PM

An Explanation of Ranked Team Ratings

Hello Summoners!

We’re aware there has been some confusion about the Ranked Teams rating system, especially surrounding the relationship between a team’s rating and how many games that team has played. We’d like to take a moment to provide a brief overview of the system, but first want to explain the goals of the feature.

1. We want each team to have a single, collective rating that accurately represents how strong the team is when compared to other teams.
  2. We want matchmaking to be effective at creating balanced, competitive Ranked Team matches, even for newly created teams.

With those goals in mind, here is a general explanation of how team ratings are determined:

• Each player who participates in Ranked Team games has a hidden personal rating tracked by the system.
  • The rating for newly created (provisional) Ranked Teams is influenced by the personal rating of each member who joins the team.
  • In general, newly created teams formed by high skill players who have played many Ranked Team games will start with a higher rating.
  • Starting with a team rating below 1200 doesn’t mean your team is below average. Ranked Teams rating calculations work differently than Solo/Duo ratings. As a result, the majority of new ranked teams are assigned a rating below 1200.

This system helps ensure newly created teams are initially assigned an accurate rating, and improves the matchmaking experience for all teams who participate in ranked play. It also, however, makes it possible for top tier players to form new teams and immediately start with very high ladder ranking.

As such, we’ve identified some system improvements that should make ratings for newly created teams a bit more consistent and minimize some potential edge cases. We are in the process of applying those adjustments and will continue to monitor the system to identify any further necessary improvements.

Valenten 12-09-2011 01:59 PM

wooo

Varyn Xael 12-09-2011 01:59 PM

Thank you for the info!

EDIT: So, that is why my team didn't go up against a team like TSM early on. I kind of wanted to be blown out by them... So cool.

Asphyxiation12 12-09-2011 01:59 PM

mother of god

muggy8 12-09-2011 02:00 PM

finally. the mystery of ranked teams only being 1300ish after 10 games even if they went 9/1 in those 10 games

Pelter 12-09-2011 02:01 PM

Thanks for the clarification, I thought the ranking would be similiar to the old 5v5 team but it is not.

DENGY 12-09-2011 02:01 PM

Tbh, I prefer the old system, where you can't just reset your rating and start off new whenever...

USnip 12-09-2011 02:02 PM

Why not just make the average 1200? I don't see the value in confusing people by having the scales start at different points for solo and teams.

Alma Beoulve 12-09-2011 02:02 PM

I understand perfectly.

Justus Dominus 12-09-2011 02:02 PM

Awesome!