League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Alistar build (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1574874)

Cooper112 12-08-2011 02:41 PM

Alistar build

Im kinda of confused over how to build him. First off he is listed as a tank but when i go to moba fire or any sites with guides all put him as support not tanky or ap and for masteries they go utility heavy why not go defensive since your a tank.

Cooper112 12-08-2011 04:33 PM

bump

randomfightfan 12-08-2011 04:39 PM

don't listen to how they list him, all champs can be played different ways. Think ww, he's listed as jungler but now with new jungle, he's one of the worst out there. Noct ISN"T listed as one but is one of the best out there. Ali can be built either way, he can even be ap cow but isn't nearly as strong now as he used to be

Ujeye 12-08-2011 04:52 PM

Alistar is tanky by use of his ultimate. Built "support" with sufficient GP5 and CDR will allow him to be a tank by having his ult up at almost every single teamfight. Combined with a heal, an AoE stun, and a single target knockback, I'd tag him as a support to.

Cooper112 12-08-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ujeye (Hozzászólás 18211714)
Alistar is tanky by use of his ultimate. Built "support" with sufficient GP5 and CDR will allow him to be a tank by having his ult up at almost every single teamfight. Combined with a heal, an AoE stun, and a single target knockback, I'd tag him as a support to.

Singed is tanky due to his ult do i build him support?

Also alistar ult is high cooldown not up all time.

atsmith893 12-09-2011 02:41 AM

You play him as a tanky support thats it. Typically having or not having another tank on the team changes how you build him.

You almost always go bot to support the carry, so you are picknig up clair, wards, ect.

First trip back get philo, next trip back you want boots and hog, with wards on every trip.

Finish boots.

Next trip back is CDR, typically you need tanky cdr, Frozen Heart is almost always the go to item.

Most games end before you can buy anything else, but if you can afford it, consider getting an aura item... 2-3 as champions, maybe get starks, maybe WoA if you have a caster team or they rely on their abilities for damage, you get the idea.

Obviously if you are the tank you will need to get tankier, so instead of aura items consider MR, FoN is amazing, banshees is also great in certain setups.

Usually need to finish philo stone somewhere in there. Its a great item for those fights where mobility is key. I can't tell you when as this is something you absolutely need to gauge on a case by case basis.

Warrrrax 12-09-2011 09:34 AM

Alistar gains a lot of tankiness from his Ultimate and very high health stats. He also has decent armor and adequate magic resistance increases. Plus having an AoE heal gives him sustain.

Hence it is very possible to play him as a tank with minimal actual tank gear. What this means is that you have quite a bit of latitude when building him. Some choices are: (can be mixed)

a) Tanky support - dont take many creeps. Get philo stone, heart of gold to generate cash. Use clairV and buy lots of wards. Get aura items like Will of Ancients, Aegis, etc.

b) Tanky AP - boost the power of your heal and so your abilities do decent damage, while still boosting toughness.

c) Tanky DPS - Ult boosts AD significantly so his autoattack DPS can be rather decent. Increases his threat so more likely to be focused.

d) spammer - Max your CDR to 40% ASAP and ensure you have enough mana to cast often. Combined with another approach.

e) Tank - build tanky items. Become extremely tough all the time.