League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   [Champion Concept] Argolos, the Frozen Sentry (December MCCC Entry) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1568706)

Veral42 12-06-2011 06:47 PM

[Champion Concept] Argolos, the Frozen Sentry (December MCCC Entry)

Updates: Argolos, the Frozen Sentry
Update 3: LOTS OF CHANGES!!! AHHHH!!!! READ IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!! (10/30/12)
Update 2: Changed both the "Q", "W", and "Passive" abilities, changed "E" functionality, added alternative "Passive"
Update 1: Made "W" stun scaling per rank and increased the cooldown

~THIS IS AN MCCC ENTRY FOR DECEMBER, 2011 AND AS A RESULT THIS THREAD WILL HAVE ITS CORE COMPONENTS UPDATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE MCCC SCHEDUAL~

Physical Description
Reworking

~ALL FEEDBACK IS WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED~
I have a review-for-review (R4R) system. My champion index is here: Index
Please post links to your champions there, as well as letting me know what champion of mine you have reviewed
Links posted in this thread WILL be ignored, I'm trying to keep the pages centered on character discussion

Argolos, the Frozen Sentry
Name: Argolos
Tags: Ranged, Tank, Support
Range (Primary): 475

Damage: 56.4 +2.2/level (96)
Attack Speed: .55 +1.45%/level
Health: 475 +90/level (2095)
Mana: 200 +33/level (794)
Move Speed: 300
Armor: 18 +3.5/level (81)
Spell Block: 30 +.75/level (43.5)
Health Regen: 7 +.65/level (18.7)
Mana Regen: 5.5 +.45/level (13.6)

Ability 1 "Q"
Name: Frost Shot

Toggle: You switch to a special chilled ammunition causing each of your attacks to deal 75% damage as splash damage and apply a stacking debuff to all damaged enemy champions that slows their attack speed by 2% per stack for 6 seconds (Max: 5 Stacks). If Overdrive System is activated, then any enemy champions afflicted by the attack speed slow have the slow doubled and its duration refreshed.

Cooldown: 5/5/5/5/5
Cost: 40/50/60/70/80 mana per shot
Splash Damage Radius: 200 Units, 100 Unit radius around Target
Overdrive System Activation Range: 500 Units, 250 Unit radius around Argolos

Ability 2 "W"
Name: Freezing Wind

Active: Argolos shoots out a bolt of energy towards a target location that detonates at either the first enemy champion struck or its destination. Enemies hit by the blast are dealt 100/150/200/250/300 physical damage. If Overdrive System was active when this ability was used then all enemies hit by the blast are stunned for 1.5 seconds.

Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12
Cost: 60/75/90/105/120
Range: 650 Units
Blast Radius: 400 Units, 200 Unit radius around Target

Ability 3 "E"
Name: Overdrive System

Active: Argolos activates his disabled overdrive system, channeling the power of the Fjord throughout his entire body. After activating, Argolos's basic attacks deal an additional 30/40/50/60/70 physical damage and Argolos activates an aura that reduces the MRes and Armor of nearby enemy champions by 10/15/20/25/30 for the next 6 seconds.

Cooldown: 24/21/18/15/12
Cost: 85
Aura Radius: 300

Ability 4 "R"
Name: Frozen Overload

Toggle / Active: While this ability is toggled on, you gain a stacking damage reduction buff (Max: 3 stacks) every time "Overdrive System" is active. Each stack gives 20/30/40 damage reduction from all sources. Once you have reached max stacks, you may pay this ability's activation cost in order to gain it's active effect. Once activated, Argolos gains double the damage reduction granted by this skill for 10 seconds (all stacks are lost upon activation or toggle off). In addition, your current health is reduced by 25% and all allies in range gain a shield for the next 4 seconds that will absorb incoming damage equal to the amount of health Argolos sacrificed by this ability's effect (this shield is not lost if they leave the ability's range).

Cooldown: 120/105/90
Toggle Cost: 15/30/45 mana per second
Activation Cost: 100/120/140
Range: 700 Units, 350 Unit radius around Argolos

Natural "Passive"
Name: Essence Absorb

Effect: Every time Argolos gets a kill or assist he regains 5% of his total health and mana back over the next second.

Lore
Deep in the mountains of the Fjord, last and sealed away for ages, the great guardian Argolos has sat in his creator's fortress. Hidden from the remainder of the world by the naturally harsh elements, Argolos and the fortunes he guarded had all but fallen into legend. Indeed... only the brave; greedy; or foolish sought to attempt the treacherous passes of the Fjord that were said to lead to the lost treasure of the Fjord's former ruler. Those who dared the pass however found neither riches nor glory, for the great watcher Argolos was under eternal order to vanquish all who sought his master's fortune after his passing. However, as time passed and stories turned to legend the Rune Wars that plagued the Runterra shook even the deepest reaches of the Fjord. As these wars raged on, threatening to destroy Runeterra in it's entirety, the resulting magical dissonance reached Argolos. As time passed, Argolos took it upon himself to read these disturbances and cataloged them in his system's memory for future analysis. After the great wars ended, and the Institute of War was founded, Argolos was left with nothing. The Rune Wars had taken a great number of years and the devastation and scarring of Runeterra had stretched far and wide, having even reached the lair where Argolos once planed to rest and watch for his eternity.

With his master's fortune buried and his citadel in ruin Argolos set out from the Fjord. Eventually, the construct's travels brought him to the doors of the Institute of War, where upon hearing his tale the summoners of the Institute offered him service in the League in exchange for not only the permanent magical seclusion of his late master's home but also with the promise of putting his records of magical dissonance to good use. Now living at the Institute, Argolos works tirelessly to analyze his findings in hopes of bringing stability to the world of Runeterra once more. He is not alone in this quest however, having found a strange bond of kinship with the League's other construct Galio. Skarner, the Crystal Vanguard also stands at his side; indeed, for the research that Argolos now does with the Institute is the most promising lead yet towards returning the world of Runeterra to a safe place for his kind to return to.

Dessim8 12-06-2011 10:18 PM

It's... well, its difficult to review a not full concept. Especially one without lore (though you asking in return and not even looking at mine's concept is disheartening me from the same)

Also, your formatting... isn't much better. Nitpicking, maybe, but if you're going to do it, I may as well be equally fair.

What minimal is here... let's see.

Q stuns enemies for 2.5 seconds with no chance to escape? Um, there's no warning when it goes off? No channel time? No chance to flash/ghost away? YIKES! Talk about enemies wanting to attack you! They can't, your team has killed at least 1 of them in this time in an entrenched teamfight. I would never rank it, just cast one and off, then wait. If it werent for the ginormous CD drop per rank, I'd never get more ranks. A 2.5 sec stun every 2.4 seconds. Whose champ is OP now?

Hmm, so E is a better version of Yi's ULTIMATE mixed with Blitz' steroid effect. That unnerves me like crazy.

I don't like how the Ult requires a specific skill within his arsenel to be used to be usable. Heimer's ult empowers all of his skills by comparison and even still provides CDR if its active were still only turrets.

Looking at the rest of the set is not needed. You have a stunlock in Q, WHY WOULD I EVER EVEN NEED TO CAST ANYTHING ELSE?

Think on that! Would ya?

Veral42 12-07-2011 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dessim8 (Hozzászólás 18139629)
It's... well, its difficult to review a not full concept. Especially one without lore (though you asking in return and not even looking at mine's concept is disheartening me from the same)

Also, your formatting... isn't much better. Nitpicking, maybe, but if you're going to do it, I may as well be equally fair.

What minimal is here... let's see.

Q stuns enemies for 2.5 seconds with no chance to escape? Um, there's no warning when it goes off? No channel time? No chance to flash/ghost away? YIKES! Talk about enemies wanting to attack you! They can't, your team has killed at least 1 of them in this time in an entrenched teamfight. I would never rank it, just cast one and off, then wait. If it werent for the ginormous CD drop per rank, I'd never get more ranks. A 2.5 sec stun every 2.4 seconds. Whose champ is OP now?

Hmm, so E is a better version of Yi's ULTIMATE mixed with Blitz' steroid effect. That unnerves me like crazy.

I don't like how the Ult requires a specific skill within his arsenel to be used to be usable. Heimer's ult empowers all of his skills by comparison and even still provides CDR if its active were still only turrets.

Looking at the rest of the set is not needed. You have a stunlock in Q, WHY WOULD I EVER EVEN NEED TO CAST ANYTHING ELSE?

Think on that! Would ya?

No worries Dessim8, as the MCCC progresses I will continue to review the various pieces of your champion. At the moment, all that's needed are abilities, so that's all that's done/reviewed atm. Never fear, though, I will get to the rest of it and what I did read actually was coherent and made sense! :) :)

Not sure what your questions about "Q" are there for... any ability given a missile speed and missile width is labeled as a skillshot, so that takes care of most of your concerns right there. Also, the cast time IS there, and there is no stun on the "Q"

As for "W" this does have a stun AoE, but only a 250 radius (barely past melee range) so I don't really see why you take issue with that when other tanks have far more hard cc potential than this character.

"E" may be getting a nerf, might not. "E" is his core mechanic and all of his other skills build off of this being active or not. You compare it to Yi's ultimate, however no matter how many times I read Yi's ult on the wiki the only similarity is that movement speed is involved, so I don't see the comparison.

"R" I won't even validate the point you're making, since that's the point of this champion's entire skillset. I will, however, compliment you on finding an imaginary stunlock in "Q"! :) I keep trying to see it, but it's just not coming to me. Shackle, which is only applied if "E" is active, isn't a hard CC and only stops movement (not auto-attacking or abilities).

Dessim8 12-07-2011 07:49 AM

I take issue with stun because if I go max CDR, I can stunlock someone for as long as I want. If you don't know what stunlock is, its simple! Stunlock means an enemy cannot move at all as you keep them permanently stunned at your own discretion.

Simply put, a 2.4 second CD with a 2.5 second stun is terrifying at any range. All you have to do is hit ONCE.

You may argue that Veigar and Ashe can stun for longer or have larger reach: both have at least huge CDs and wierd hitboxes (moreso for Event Horizon) and...

Wait, you changed it to 6 seconds, even still, that's 2.5 seconds of stun every 3.6 seconds. I dunno, the whole idea sits not well with me in general.

Veral42 12-07-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dessim8 (Hozzászólás 18150258)
I take issue with stun because if I go max CDR, I can stunlock someone for as long as I want. If you don't know what stunlock is, its simple! Stunlock means an enemy cannot move at all as you keep them permanently stunned at your own discretion.

Simply put, a 2.4 second CD with a 2.5 second stun is terrifying at any range. All you have to do is hit ONCE.

You may argue that Veigar and Ashe can stun for longer or have larger reach: both have at least huge CDs and wierd hitboxes (moreso for Event Horizon) and...

Wait, you changed it to 6 seconds, even still, that's 2.5 seconds of stun every 3.6 seconds. I dunno, the whole idea sits not well with me in general.

Alrighty, I was confused by your reference because you were allocating the stunlock to the "Q" (where it isn't) instead of the "W" (where it CAN be). I would like to note, however, for any other real effect, you MUST retain activity for at least 3 second. I don't, however, agree that this is a "stunlock" (I know what a true stunlock is, I played a PvP WoW Rogue since reg. Beta... now THAT was a stunlock toon ). ^_^' With range barely being past melee (melee being 150 units) this ability is exceptionally restricted in its potential uses unless you can close right in on an enemy (if you're hitting their entire team then they're doing it very, VERY wrong). Also, remember, this is a tank character and maximum mana probably won't be set to exceed 750-800 at level 18. With a 100 mps cost, that will quickly put you OOM if you rely on it in a teamfight. The one change I plan to make to the "W" is a scaling stun (.5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds) and another cooldown increase (17/15/13/11/9).

EDIT
Added a thank-you and link to your December MCCC thread in my champion index :)
Good luck in the competition!

Veral42 12-07-2011 08:38 AM

added in core stats (base / per level / total)

Veral42 12-07-2011 09:47 PM

bump, would love some feedback before the Week 1 entries are done :)

Villanova 12-08-2011 09:42 AM

Alright, let's see what we got:

Free 5% of your health? Is that instantly when you use your overdrive? Or over the course of the skills CD? If it's the latter, it might be nearly useless, since 5% over ~10 seconds is kinda meh.

Your Q reminds me of Ez's Essence Flux, with an immobilize added on. Kinda harsh to have AoE CC at will like that, since it can technically hit everyone. Also, is this global? What is its max range?

Your W... well, it does stuff. First off, a 2.5 second stun would make this the longest stun in game (Not to mention the fact that it's AoE). Not to mention that there is no wind up, no sense of warning for whoever is unlucky enough to be within range of you when you turn it on. Not only is there that, but after the stun is over, you get an aura, that works kinda like Malphite's Brutal Strikes. ON TOP OF THAT, your buddies also get a mini Highlander if you turn overdrive on. Use this with a Rylais and call them done, yeesh. The only two things holding this ability back is the ridiculous mana cost, and the miniscule area of effect. This means that your allies won't really get much benefit unless they are standing on top of you, and what squishy wants to be standing near the tank in teamfights?

Your E kinda reminds me of Blitz's overdrive, though yours doesn't give AS, and only gives minimal MS. It seems okay I suppose, no real issues with this skill by itself. I do have to wonder how the unslowable effect would affect those who were trying to chase him? Ghost, this and his Q and he's almost unchasable. (Maybe Kass could nab him, but not sure, so many factors.)

Um, not entirely sure about what to say on the ult. So, it's a passive that gives him up to 30% flat damage reduction, just by activating his E, and then it turns into a toggle that doubles the damage reduction? On top of that, you lose a quarter of your health, and give it to everyone around you in the form of a shield? Wow. Um, not sure how this will work, especially with points in the defense tree, maybe a Leviathan, you now take 3/4s less damage than everyone else! Ever! I don't know, I just don't see this working very well.

Veral42 12-08-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villanova (Hozzászólás 18195831)
Alright, let's see what we got:

Free 5% of your health? Is that instantly when you use your overdrive? Or over the course of the skills CD? If it's the latter, it might be nearly useless, since 5% over ~10 seconds is kinda meh.

Your Q reminds me of Ez's Essence Flux, with an immobilize added on. Kinda harsh to have AoE CC at will like that, since it can technically hit everyone. Also, is this global? What is its max range?

Your W... well, it does stuff. First off, a 2.5 second stun would make this the longest stun in game (Not to mention the fact that it's AoE). Not to mention that there is no wind up, no sense of warning for whoever is unlucky enough to be within range of you when you turn it on. Not only is there that, but after the stun is over, you get an aura, that works kinda like Malphite's Brutal Strikes. ON TOP OF THAT, your buddies also get a mini Highlander if you turn overdrive on. Use this with a Rylais and call them done, yeesh. The only two things holding this ability back is the ridiculous mana cost, and the miniscule area of effect. This means that your allies won't really get much benefit unless they are standing on top of you, and what squishy wants to be standing near the tank in teamfights?

Your E kinda reminds me of Blitz's overdrive, though yours doesn't give AS, and only gives minimal MS. It seems okay I suppose, no real issues with this skill by itself. I do have to wonder how the unslowable effect would affect those who were trying to chase him? Ghost, this and his Q and he's almost unchasable. (Maybe Kass could nab him, but not sure, so many factors.) This ability is clearly inside allowable parameters, see Alistar for more reference material. (hint: go to the wiki)

Um, not entirely sure about what to say on the ult. So, it's a passive that gives him up to 30% flat damage reduction, just by activating his E, and then it turns into a toggle that doubles the damage reduction? On top of that, you lose a quarter of your health, and give it to everyone around you in the form of a shield? Wow. Um, not sure how this will work, especially with points in the defense tree, maybe a Leviathan, you now take 3/4s less damage than everyone else! Ever! I don't know, I just don't see this working very well.

The snare on the "Q" was put in intentionally, though the slow effect is going to be removed because of it (haven't gotten around to it yet). Remember, snare is "soft" CC. Everyone keeps calling the "W" "a mini highlander". This is WRONG, seeing as it has NO SIMILARITIES with highlander other than a minor movement speed buff (hint: highlander is bigger and better by 400% and grants MASSIVE attack speed [80% when maxed] plus it refreshes his CDs when he kills someone... people, really, PLEASE KNOW FULL ABILITY EFFECTS BEFORE MAKING COMPARISONS BASED ON 10% MOVEMENT SPEED AND A SHORT UNSLOWABLE EFFECT). "R" does not turn into a toggle, and I am unsure as to why you think that. "R" is a permanent toggle (may be adding marginal 5 mps cost, maybe, if I feel like it, but prolly not) that becomes an active. Please re-read the skill so you know what all it does. Not sure where the last part is coming from either, since Alistar's ultimate gives him 70% /DR plus damage plus a shorter cooldown plus longer effect (note that toggle off or activation both set the CD timer running). As for the passive, yes, this is over the ability's cooldown time, and functions similarly (though not the same as) Maokai's passive which grants 7% health back.

Veral42 12-09-2011 08:22 AM

I <3 feedback, but please, enough with the Highlander comments already (hint: not really similar at all).
Bump :)