League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Lichbane Veigar (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1556568)

Smallbluedot 12-03-2011 12:51 PM

Lichbane Veigar

Okay, so, I like veigar. Okay, got that out of the way. I've noticed I don't see a lot of people building lichbane on him, even though it, like, doubles his effective burst and allows him to do nasus-tier damage to towers. Why not? Veigar has infinite AP growth, lichbane has a 1:1 ratio with AP. Why don't veigars buy it? It's gotten me kills where I should have died.

ExecutionerKen 12-03-2011 12:56 PM

Lichbane on veigar is usually good only if your team lack turret pushing power

Why? Because all Veigar is doing, is to burst the enemy down and then let his team to do the pushing, Veigar shouldn't be needed to be in the front to push turret, instead, he should be behind the team, so enemy gap closer can not hit Veigar right away.

Lichbane in general is a good item on Veigar (theoretically) but not in reality, because Veigar has horrible AS, and the time that you use to normal attack enemy champion is usually enough to get you killed by others in a team fight.

Smallbluedot 12-03-2011 01:07 PM

Seriously? Veigar's attack animation isn't that bad. It's like an extra quarter second to fling that proc for an extra 500 damage.

Burbinator 12-03-2011 01:13 PM

His full combo doesnt allow for interweaving of auto attacks.

Usually stun w dfg (before w hits) q r. Lichbane is incredibly useful afterwards for q + lich proc for sustained dps afterwards, but many people prefer to maximize his instant single target burst first, through items like void staff. Playstyle preference really.

Smallbluedot 12-03-2011 02:34 PM

Ah, that makes more sense. I'm pretty bad about actually turning kages' into a DFG, I like that free gold too much.

EchoRex 12-03-2011 05:18 PM

If you're in range to Q, you're in range to auto attack. All it takes is an additional right click after the left click with less than a quarter second pause to allow the animation.

The problem with lichbane is that it isn't as high priority as a HP-AP item, the Deathcap. and DFG. At which point you have either won or lost.

By all means, if you can get to it after those, buy it, it is a great item for him. But don't prioritize it over those.

EndlessAnguish 12-04-2011 01:15 AM

I've always thought of getting it too. but however, people keep sayng that its not veigars job to do damage. You are supposed to be a mage anti-carry where you won't need a lichbane to take out their AP carries.

Get it if your pub stomping, otherwise, if you force veigar to auto hit, he might get too close and get raped.

Cenerae 12-04-2011 02:26 AM

It's a great building smasher item for Veigar, but it's more of a late game luxury than anything. You need a deathcap and DFG, and you'll probably want some kind of survivability item and a void staff too. All of these are more important than having a lichbane.

Mishifus 01-03-2012 06:23 AM

Lich bane is viable guys. And you can add the autoatack in the combo if you are fast enough, even if they have mercury treads. This item makes positioning better, allows for kiting, grants inmense tower pushing / baroning capabilities and makes him way stronger when DFG and ulti are on cd. I wouldnt say it is a core item on Veigar, but its a strong choice.

EDIT. Also notice the low cd on the Q

breadbocks 01-03-2012 06:47 AM

If you have the time and gold to get a lich bane after you've finished deathcap, DFG, and Rylais/RoA, then by all means, get a lich bane.