League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   remove free champion rotation from ranked (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1548741)

Arx4 12-01-2011 08:54 AM

remove free champion rotation from ranked

I feel a lot of people play ranked to get a little more competitive and expect the best from themselves and others. The free champion rotation is great except that, in many cases, it removes the player's ability to be their best and contribute to a win.

Playing a recent game a player chose fizz and went mid. It took them a much longer time to choose items and abilities. They stumbled on each action, missed ults and lost many 1v1 exchanges based on not knowing if they can actually win the exchange or not. Just blindly fighting and using 1 ability to the next, learning the champion!

Every person on my team was upset, we lost fairly easily even though our jungler recognized mid losing and ganked their mid succesfully twice early and hit the lane a few more times.

I didn't feel it was competitive at all. Was really a giant waste of time and a loss of elo which just puts me with more players who don't really have a clue, more often, and can feed on volibear next week.

Please keep ranked solo/duo with owned champions only.

FatCatAdventures 12-01-2011 07:36 PM

interesting

OvaBlazed 12-01-2011 08:15 PM

^ troll

Valestein 12-01-2011 08:27 PM

A red said something something like, "We don't have to make the game pay to play in order for our players to play ranked, so the free champion rotation will remain."
Or something along those lines.

Something about it being more accessible to players.

Cartod 12-01-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valestein (Hozzászólás 17939444)
A red said something something like, "We don't have to make the game pay to play in order for our players to play ranked, so the free champion rotation will remain."
Or something along those lines.

I don't get that. You still don't have to pay for the champions, you can have multiple 6300 IP champs by the time you are level 30 if you just save up.

Valestein 12-01-2011 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cartod (Hozzászólás 17939704)
I don't get that. You still don't have to pay for the champions, you can have multiple 6300 IP champs by the time you are level 30 if you just save up.

So you rather have runeless scrubs compared to free weeking scrubs?

Cartod 12-01-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valestein (Hozzászólás 17939808)

I would MUCH rather have somebody that knew their character than somebody with every rune in the game that herped around the map feeding.

MillForMe 12-02-2011 05:57 AM

What about the people that own champs and haven't used them for one reason or another?

I own Akali and have yet to play her. So you'd be okay with me using her in ranked because I own her, right?

Or are you just upset that a player used a champ they may or may not own during a week the champ was free, and played them terribly?

It's alright to be upset someone decided to learn a champ during a ranked match. Don't make people have to purchase more champs to finally play ranked.

Quick Rawr 12-02-2011 06:11 AM

I like this idea! I have yet to play ranked, but since it is competitive, I feel that people shouldn't be handicapped b/c they're teammate wants to try something new. There are normals for that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valestein (Hozzászólás 17939808)

I'm level 22 and I have 2 rune pages full of level 3 runes and will have plenty of time to save up for champions, so I don't think that's a valid statement.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MillForMe (Hozzászólás 17948687)
What about the people that own champs and haven't used them for one reason or another?

I own Akali and have yet to play her. So you'd be okay with me using her in ranked because I own her, right?

Or are you just upset that a player used a champ they may or may not own during a week the champ was free, and played them terribly?

It's alright to be upset someone decided to learn a champ during a ranked match. Don't make people have to purchase more champs to finally play ranked.

I would say it's safe to say most people buy champions that they like or that they think they will enjoy. Odds are you don't buy a champion that you haven't played before or that you won't play.... so I think this is an example that doesn't really fit. That' like saying I don't smoke, but I got lung cancer, so should smoking really be warned against.

Haen 12-02-2011 06:42 AM

Agreed that people have no business using free week champs in ranked, however there is a plus side to it. Queued ranked with a friend whos a solid Vayne and I was able to first pick her for him because she was free that week. So its not all bad.