League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   leading feeders to victory (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=154250)

tC 00 07-03-2010 06:22 PM

leading feeders to victory

has anyone been in a situation where:

other lanes fed a lot
you (not a teammate) led your team to victory

if you have, please offer some advice on how to lead feeder teams

IndomitusRex 07-03-2010 06:24 PM

Don't give up, get lucky, play champions that scale better. Seriously, there's no panacea guaranteed to fix all of the bad teams out there. Sometimes your team can pull its head out of its ass, and sometimes it won't.

Downfaller 07-03-2010 06:26 PM

You can't Matchmaking gives you losses.

Gunslinger 07-03-2010 06:27 PM

If your team is dying a lot, especially if its one champion who is getting a particularly lot of kills, you'll notice in most cases the other team will hunt for other champions, hoping to either get a lot of kills, or try to get in on the action everyone else has been getting in. This leaves them open for backdoors. Obviously not every champion can backdoor, but if this is an ongoing problem like you make it out to be, maybe you can try.

Usually if you are in at least mid Elo, the other team will catch on, but don't underestimate the goldfish memory of killhungry players. You knock a tower down and hide for 1-2 minutes sitting in a bush. Then you go back and get another, etc. They'll want to kill you but after not being able to find you in 30 seconds, they go back to where they are being fed.

MASE STUN 07-03-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Downfaller (Hozzászólás 1818922)
You can't Matchmaking gives you losses.

i'll just leave this here...

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=152263

tC 00 07-03-2010 06:41 PM

godd**** i am gonna follow miley's advice from now on

CarlSagansCosmos 07-03-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tC 00 (Hozzászólás 1818884)
has anyone been in a situation where:

other lanes fed a lot
you (not a teammate) led your team to victory

if you have, please offer some advice on how to lead feeder teams

Coming from a part time feeder, i'll suggest:

The best advice I could see is to nip the feeding team in the bud before it becomes a feeding team. For example: I'll ask to switch a lane if I die 2 times. The thing about a lane switch is that it helps in two ways. Hopefully it'll better match the opponents and the best thing, it helps to alleviate frustration. When someone's killed me two times in laning phase, I get intimidated, and the game falls badly down during the laning phase. If I can move and face different opponents, it usually helps me focus on the game and less on the oopies I made.

Another part of it it taking the initiative and moving the pieces of the game around hoping to find a better match. Sometimes it's not the players, but the champs. If you have 2 hard pushers (like a Janna and Singed), even tower hugging won't save the tower for very long.

In another thread, someone suggested that they had a feeder who was always going off on their own. He said he bit the bullet and just followed this feeder ash around, basically helping her get her gold and keeping her alive which allowed her to farm up and eventually get some kills and they won. So, if you can't talk a feeder out of his feeding ways, another suggestion would be to try to work around him.

Don't talk smack. That doesn't mean you need to baby a feeder, just don't talk smack. The majority of times (including myself), feeders don't feed on purpose. They have a bad game start, and it's hard to catch up and you end up getting reckless and frustrated. It doesn't help that you're team isn't very supportive. Maybe you don't like holding someone's hand and being supportive. In that case, don't say anything at all. If I can go a few minutes without dying and no one saying anything, I will usually think my team is cool and it'll help ease the frustration and get my head back into the game.

Saffire 07-03-2010 06:51 PM

If your team starts bickering, a simple "Shut up and play" has proven surprisingly effective at getting people to do so. You'll probably get smart aleck responses, but just ignore it and keep going. They'll fall in line.

As far as actual play, watch your minimap for neutral spawns. If golem/lizard/dragon is up, get a couple people to go with you to check it; you can sometimes get easy ganks. Otherwise, get your team together and wait somewhere. When teams travel, they tend to get strung out. If you can grab a straggler, you can often create a 4v5 situation without much trouble.

HatsuneMiku 07-03-2010 06:57 PM

If you have a good team composition you can tough it out and try to minimalize losses until endgame where a well played battle can lead to an ace that'll buy you time to backdoor their nexus and win the game for you regardless of who was winning up until that point. If your team composition isn't good.... Well you didn't really stand a chance anyway from the start then right?

Instant123 07-03-2010 07:29 PM

Go to the jungle and dont leave till its over =/