League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   The "descending" toolbar at the top (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=154)

Sarusta 07-10-2009 07:07 PM

The "descending" toolbar at the top

Quite frankly I cannot understand the logic behind this toolbar. Clearly we always need it in order to do EVERYTHING, why bother animating it falling down into the window? It also causes slight graphical overlap with the windows below it, making it look lame, and delays clicking towards something new by a few seconds. Just leave it at the top without any animation? Or make it smoother at least.

micha 07-11-2009 01:57 AM

I totally agree with you thats the only thing wich is really looking bad at the new front-end interface its very glithcy when it comes down and its no need in my eyes, the wait time is just annoying before you can click there anything -.-
but i would be also ok with a good looking and FASTER!!! animation :)

Zwag 07-12-2009 04:52 PM

Ive had it work correctly one time before. But yes, every other time the graphics glitch.

I also agree that because it has everything on it I would be just as happy to skip the animation.

Werewolf 07-13-2009 05:35 AM

I don't think we should just outlaw any new fancy animations because they are are currently buggy in their very early testing stage.

Having things "transform" into place is an awesome effect and i can see where they are going in regards to that toolbar but it's just not finished at the moment. Keep this cool animation design theme going, although if there will be a few of them just make sure that the speed of the animation is faster then what it is right now.

micha 07-13-2009 05:42 AM

I don't care about the animation i'm ok if its staying in but really, i dont wanna wait 2-3 seconds like always this thing is getting down :P so atleast i want a faster one, please :)

Sarusta 07-13-2009 08:46 AM

Well really the animation is fine, the animation works and it descends at an appropriate rate. HOWEVER, 99.9% of the time, the bar falls BEHIND the textboxes that are already placed on the screen, which makes it unable to be clicked/used.

Volibar 07-13-2009 03:55 PM

We've got some known issues related to this we'll be trying to address for this week - notably the glitches with it and making it go a little quicker.

PiousFlea 07-13-2009 07:08 PM

The toolbar should stay up while we are in the game browser. If you hit the "quick play" option you may get stuck in a game browser that you didn't want to play, such as Practice Games during matchmaking hours. From there, you have to backtrack to the main screen becfore you can select a different gametype hopper. This seems entirely unnecessary.

Also, the same "feature" prevents you from going straight from game browser to summoner/rune setup.

muusbolla 07-18-2009 11:32 AM

I agree with PiousFlea. Additionally since it's a toolbar that is critical for pretty much everything that we REALLY want to do (aka play games) most of the time, it really should be constantly visible.

Lima Beans 07-18-2009 11:54 AM

We hide it during times in which you are not allowed to play games / view profile because you are already in a game. Anytime when you are allowed to do those things, it is visible.