League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   !!! Let us buy skins for champions we DON'T own !!! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1532381)

FriendlyRaid 11-28-2011 08:08 AM

!!! Let us buy skins for champions we DON'T own !!!

I'm not sure why I have to own the champion to buy a skin. There have been many times that I wanted to buy a discounted skin, but couldn't because I didn't own the champion. Is the option to buy the skin THEN earn the champion that bad?

Because the other option is that I don't buy the skin, save my RP, purchase fewer skins and purchase less RP. I want to support LOL and buy RP, but I'm not going to pay $20 for one skin. If I can purchase more discounted skins when they are on sale then earn the champion with IP, I'll be more likely to spend and buy more RP, if not, I won't.

I wish they'd change this.

LordLegato 11-28-2011 08:09 AM

Programmed here so skin = champ.

Be happy it's not like Garena where even with free skins you need to buy the champ first.

PlayerFour 11-28-2011 08:12 AM

Riot assumes people who buy skins are people who have enjoyed a champion enough to buy it, either with IP or RP. That being said, there's really no reason you shouldn't be allowed to buy a skin for a champion you don't own.

Chips and Tea 11-28-2011 08:13 AM

Then wtf are you going to do with the skin

Layla 11-28-2011 08:15 AM

Marketing scheme. People who want a skin badly enough will have to pay for the champion first, instead of buying the skin at a discounted price and unlocking the champion later with IP.

FriendlyRaid 11-28-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chsiao999 (Hozzászólás 17755662)
Then wtf are you going to do with the skin

Um, did you even read the post?

As I stated, after I buy a skin on sale, I would build up and use IP to buy the champion. The key is that skins are only on sale for a limited time, so you need to buy them then to get the discount.

As it is now, since I don't have the champion, I can't buy the discounted skins, so I won't be buying anymore RP because I haven't spent any. It's pretty simple, if I can buy the skins on sale, then I'll buy more RP to get more skins. If I can't buy the skins then I won't be buying more RP.

iWork4God 01-20-2012 05:04 PM

Agreed == xD

Bill Burr 01-20-2012 05:06 PM

As long as they give players a warning that they won't be able to use the skin without first owning the champion, its all ok by me.

Shoujo Ai 01-20-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordLegato (Hozzászólás 17755556)
Programmed here so skin = champ.

Be happy it's not like Garena where even with free skins you need to buy the champ first.

This.

Figured this out because after getting tris and ali free from subscribing. They gave me the champ along with the skin.

Mesellyre 01-20-2012 05:13 PM

Is this related to that karate kennen skin?

INC 50% CHAMPION SALE WITH KENNEN (next week)