League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   [Suggestion] alternative to a Caitlyn nerf (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1526698)

That Other Guy 11-26-2011 01:03 PM

[Suggestion] alternative to a Caitlyn nerf

Ok her constant 650 range from the start of the game is a problem because it allows her to easily outharrass anyone without a gap closer and prevent all short range champions from farming. Whether or not you're one of those people who thinks her range is her only edge it's a problem. Riot and a significant portion of the community are opposed to lowering her base range therefore I propose an alternative that would maintain a range advantage while actually being more like a real sniper:

Rework her passive so that after not moving for 2 seconds she becomes prone and gains (75/125/175) range and a large damage boost on her autoattacks until she moves again and the rest of the time her range is 550 like the other carries.

edit: See Shoukanju's post for why my idea is bad.

subtleSmurf 11-26-2011 01:17 PM

Tristana has 703 range at level 18. Kogmaw has 660 range with bio arcane barrage.

Bilun 11-26-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subtleSmurf (Hozzászólás 17691222)
Tristana has 703 range at level 18. Kogmaw has 660 range with bio arcane barrage.

and she has 650 range ALL of the time from level 1.

JustMyBassCannon 11-26-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Tristana has 703 range at level 18. Kogmaw has 710 range with bio arcane barrage.

Fixed.

Caitlyn is fine as is.

seandkiller 11-26-2011 01:28 PM

downvote and move along.

The range is fine.

That Other Guy 11-26-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

It's funny you bring that up because the very thing I'm suggesting would make her more like them. Besides you can't just directly compare the top ranges other champions are capable of achieving part of the time to a constant range throughout the game; it's not the same thing.

And for those just posting to say "her range ifs fine" you're not contributing; back up your opinions or they're completely worthless.

Also I'd like to point out that what I'm proposing is theoretically actually a buff for skilled Caitlyn players, though my numbers may need adjusted. The problem right now is that anyone can be lousy with her kit and still do well just because of her range.

JustMyBassCannon 11-26-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00011011S (Hozzászólás 17691743)
It's funny you bring that up because the very thing I'm suggesting would make her more like them. Besides you can't just directly compare the top ranges other champions are capable of achieving part of the time to a constant range throughout the game; it's not the same thing.

K then, Level 1 Bio-Arcane Barrage gives Kog'maw +130 AR. Goes from 500 to 630.

Pretty much matches her range, gets a %HP damage proc for the duration, and deals generally more damage than Caitlyn.

That Other Guy 11-26-2011 01:43 PM

You're forgetting that Kog'maw only has that range while his skill is up and therefore you can simply avoid engaging him during it.

GlyphTsen 11-26-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00011011S (Hozzászólás 17690757)
Ok her constant 650 range from the start of the game is a problem because it allows her to easily outharrass anyone without a gap closer and prevent all short range champions from farming. Whether or not you're one of those people who thinks her range is her only edge it's a problem.

Or it's not a problem, because 50-100 range gives an edge, but is not actually game breaking or deforming.

Someone, somewhere, is going to have longer range than someone else. Abilities, including Kog'Maw's (which you can play around, but still has a very high % uptime) brush, minions (though less this soon), and good play can all mitigate an advantage that another champion has from base stats.

I mean, if auto-attack range was that big of a deal, AD Annie would have been owning before Caitlyn came along.

That Other Guy 11-26-2011 01:48 PM

50 range is not a problem. 100 range means she can either get at least one extra shot in you or just fire off 1-2 shots and back up before you can retaliate. The whole reason I posted this thread was to offer an alternative to those that are dead-set against a small range decrease.