League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Fps issues? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1514672)

Synthets 11-23-2011 09:55 AM

Fps issues?

Okay so I have huge fps issues, to the point where the game is unplayable. Now my problem is:

CPU Speed
Minimum: 2 GHz processor
You Have: 2.1 GHz Performance Rated at: 2.10 GHz
PASS

RAM
Minimum: 1 GB
You Have: 3.0 GB
PASS

OS
Minimum: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista SP1, or Windows 7
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
PASS
Click here for the latest Windows drivers.

Video Card
Minimum: DirectX 9.0 capable video card support Shader 2.0
You Have: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 64 MB 359.0 MB
Hardware T&L Yes Yes
Pixel Shader version 2.0 4.0
Vertex Shader version 2.0 4.0

Free Disk Space
Minimum: 750 MB
You Have: 3.1 GB
PASS

according to this I should pass the minimum requirements, which means with everything set to low it should be fine right? (also why does it say my videocard isnt good enough when it's above by the messures they've listed? not sure I understand)

Further more don't comment on the ****ty pc, I've just gotten my real laptop stolen this friday and I'm just trying to at least be able to play league of legends now that all my others games will be completely unplayable..

Anyway the game runs at around 15-20 fps, when a lot of AoE ults happen it lags like hell and generally I can't really play at 15 fps at 1700+ elo anyway (european account but asking here since the support tends to be better on US.)

Anyway the question is, what fps should I expect to get with this old computer? Is it really expected that I cannot go above these 15-20? if so I'm defo a sad panda :/

Synthets 11-23-2011 01:48 PM

bump - no one able to help?

Duhizy 11-23-2011 01:58 PM

you'll never know the maximum potential if ur not using the proper steps to achieve them. im my case i thought about it and said to mysel " why waste my computers resources on other things if i only want to play lol right now" and so i turned off all the processes in the backround and my fps went up to 100 :)

u do this by doing a bunch of things to ur comp so that it is optimized for performance instead of looks and such.

step 1: if u have windows 7 then by default ur running an Aeros theme for ur destop and that takes up alot of performance just to look good so go to ur comp search under all programs and type " change the theme" and click that tab. once in youll see a list of aero themes then scroll to the bottom to the basic and high contrast themes and click the windows 7 basic theme. that just boosted ur fps :) aero takes up to much performance.

step 2: go to comp search and type " advance system settings" and click the most likely only tab. ull then see a performance section in the new window, click settings and check off the " adjust for performance" box from the previous adjust for appearence or let windows choose. its gunna look weird but ur fps probably just went up.

step 3: move to a wired connection if possible is realllyyy good.

step 4: go to ur riot games folder in probably ur C drive in my computer and find the " lol.launcher"
not the admin one,left click it and go to properties and in the new window go to compatibility tab up top and make sure nothing is check first, if something is checked uncheck it before this. then go and check the disable visual themes and disable desktop composition but make sure there the only ones checked then hit apply as u do for anything of this sort u would like to change. ur fps might increase( mine did)

step 5: get this program called "game booster" its free and at the click of a button it will turn off all of the things that are taking up ur resources that arent necessary for any online game to play.
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
watch the video next to the download button on how to use this program.
u just turn on gaming mode on this program before u play lol and click restore when u finish playing lol and want to browse and other things and it returns original settings. personally my fps went from 30 to 100 with this program so im sure it will do wonders for u :).

do all of these steps first then play a custom game alone and be amazed and ****.

plz reply back with ur results or if anything goes wrong so i can help u.

duhizy

Synthets 11-23-2011 02:46 PM

Cheers for the reply, in the middle of trying it right now, already had the game booster, but the rest I'll give a go and see how it goes.

ps. Either way you're awesome. ^^

Synthets 11-23-2011 02:57 PM

Did all the things here, and didn't see any performance increase sadly still staggering at 20 fps while nothing happens..

Hmm oh well, thanks a lot either way :)

mmwwwmwmwmwmmwmw 11-23-2011 04:27 PM

lol used to run fine on my laptop but since the shyvana update i get like 10 fps in team fights.
dont think riot is aware of this issue but the game just takes a lot more ram recently.
if this doesnt get fixed i will quit lol cause its just unplayable at the moment.

Duhizy 11-23-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oh em gee its me (Hozzászólás 17579419)
lol used to run fine on my laptop but since the shyvana update i get like 10 fps in team fights.
dont think riot is aware of this issue but the game just takes a lot more ram recently.
if this doesnt get fixed i will quit lol cause its just unplayable at the moment.

Sadly the fact is that every 2 weeks the game gets much bigger so it will take more and more resources to meet the norm. As of now i dont see how riot would go about countering this because the fact is that its unavoidable that eventually the game would be to much for the normal gamer imho but for now we can just find ways to maximize our current systems and eventually be forced to buy new graphics cards and such. The reason most likely is that alot of people are using laptops which has id say around 1/4 the process power of a desktop with a similar graphics card equivalent so for desktop users riot wont have to worry about doing anything really for years to come but in that time many people will be lost:(.

Id also like to feel bad that my tips didnt help the OP, i tried bro those tips have worked for me and many others so its a sad thing to hear that they didnt do much :(.

Synthets do u mind sending me ur network analysis if u now what that is. i might be able to tell u whats wrong, the one that lol support ask for when u talk to them.

mmwwwmwmwmwmmwmw 11-23-2011 05:34 PM

it cant go from perfectly fine to unplayable in one patch
alos, they had fps issues before and fixed them somehow but now theyre back

MidwestWarrior 11-23-2011 05:43 PM

duhizy, your internet connection has nothing to do with framerate btw...As far as the OP for optimum fps....you're getting pretty close to it if your're on all low settings :/...the 965 chipset is considered pretty weak now :( (i know you said not to say anything about your olderish computer but it has to be stated...). However i still think you should be able to achieve higher fps (around 35 on lowest settings..) I would just say step 1 and 2 that duhizy said are pretty big improvements on slower computers. Also in game messing with the FPS cap on my old turion x2 laptop made a world of difference since it only ran well on the setting "benchmark"...lol...I would suggest looking at lolclient.exe in task manager when you are in game to see if it is eating up your CPU (doubt it but hey not hard to just check it :) )...

Duhizy 11-23-2011 05:48 PM

the reason for that is that thing, setting, more processes or such are changed and such. most of the time the fact is that its our internet or our firewalls our running processes and such that increase the longer that we invest time on a comp ex. more programs, more browsers, more internet security all add to what a comp has to provide resources for that we dont know is actually happening without the programs even been open and such. after each patch sometimes some of these programs recognize the changes and react or the current settings are no longer optimal for which is the reason we are able to fix it. if it was just that the game was getting bigger the game becoming unplayable would be much slower and would be still playable for a while so there for the only answer is the settings, process, system changes, driver settings that become wrong and add up which is again why its fixable.