League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 12

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Erebus, Lord of Shadows (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1507387)

Drake O Dagger 11-21-2011 12:22 PM

Erebus, Lord of Shadows

A collection of all my champions can be found here.

----------

Erebus, Lord of Shadows

Health: 450 (+75 per level, 1800)
Mana: 0 (Manaless)
Damage: 56 (+2 per level, 92)
Attack Speed: 0.62 (+0.03 per level, 1.16)
Armor: 10 (+2.5 per level, 55)
Magic Resist: 30
Movement Speed: 335
Range: 450

----------

Passive - Return to the Shadows: When Erebus takes damage, he gains Shadow Energy equal to 6% of that damage. Shadow Energy has a max of 100.

Attacks that target Erebus have their effective range reduced by a percentage equal to half of Erebus’s Shadow Energy.

While he has 50% or more Shadow Energy, Erebus is not shown on the mini-map except by stealth-revealing effects.

While he has 80% or more Shadow Energy, Erebus will become Stealthed. The stealth has a fade time of 4 seconds, which is reduced by 0.2 seconds for each % over 80. Using his skills or auto-attacking breaks his stealth. He must then wait for the fade time before he will re-stealth if he still has enough Shadow Energy, with a minimum 0.5 second fade time on re-stealthing only.

Shadow Energy fades at a rate of 5% per second while outside of combat for at least 5 seconds.

----------

Q - Hidden In Darkness:

Erebus places a drop of darkness at his current location. Whenever an enemy gets within sight of that drop, it suddenly expands into a bunch of shadowy tentacles that whip and smash at everything in reach, dealing 30/45/60/75/90 (+0.2 AP) damage per second and rooting enemies within reach for 1.5 seconds. A victim rooted by this effect cannot be rooted by this skill again for 8 seconds. Traps last 5 minutes.

If Hidden In Darkness is placed within brush (or something similar to it, even if its temporary), its vision range is reduced to only within that brush.

Cooldown: 8 (4.8 with 40% CDR/4 with rank 5 The Shadow's Assassin/2.4 with both)

Cost: If below 45% Shadow Energy, this Generates 10% Shadow Energy, if above 55% Shadow Energy, it costs 10% Shadow Energy, if between 45% and 55% Shadow Energy, this skill cannot be used.

AoE: 300

Trigger Range: 500

Duration of effect: 3 seconds

----------

W - Shadow Hunter:

Erebus gathers an obscene amount of shadow energy, and fires an orb of the excess Shadow Energy at target location, dealing 80/110/140/170/200 (+0.4 AP) magic damage to the first enemy hit, and summoning a Shadow Hunter (at wherever it hit).

Shadow Hunters have 150/300/450/600/750 Health, 30/45/60/75/90 (+0.4 AP or 0.6 bonus AD, whichever is higher) Attack Damage, 1 Attack Speed, 30/40/50/60/70 Armor, 30/45/60/75/90 Magic Resist, and 335/350/365/380/395 Movement Speed. It prioritizes whatever this skill hits first, then champions, then minions.

Cooldown: 20 (12 with 40% CDR/10 with rank 5 The Shadow's Assassin/6 with both)

Cost: Generates 30% Shadow Energy (you have to have 70% or less Shadow Energy to be able to use the skill)

Range: 500

Duration: 6 seconds

----------

E - The Shadow’s Assassin:

Passive: When Erebus is not visible to an enemy champion, reduce the Cooldown of Erebus’s skills by 10/20/30/40/50% (this is not treated as Cooldown Reduction). This effect is lost while this skill is on cooldown (it applies to this skill when its used).

Active: Erebus dashes to target location, leaving a wide trail of shadows behind him that act like brush. Enemies in the shadows have no vision of anything outside of their own vision range, persisting for 3 seconds after leaving the shadows, and take 20/40/60/80/100 (+0.2 AP) magic damage for each second they are in it. The trail spreads after forming, gaining an additional 300 units in width over 3 seconds.

Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12 (12/10.8/9.6/8.4/7.2 with 40% CDR;10/9/8/7/6 with rank 5 The Shadow's Assassin;6/5.4/4.8/4.2/3.6 with both)

Cost: 25% of Shadow Energy

Range: 650

Width: 200

Duration: 5

----------

R - Consume The Shadows:

The effect of this skill changes based on the amount of Shadow Energy Erebus has when he uses it.

0%: Gain 100% Shadow Energy, and for the duration of this effect, Erebus gains 4/7/10% Shadow Energy per second and is treated as being in combat.

50-100%: Lose 50% Shadow Energy, and for the duration of this effect, Erebus gains 20/40/60% Movement Speed, 15/30/45 Attack Damage, and increase the range of his skills, the size of all AoE effects of all Erebus’s abilities, and the range of his auto-attack by 10/20/30%.

Cooldown: 120 (72 with 40% CDR/60 with rank 5 The Shadow's Assassin/36 with both)

Cost: Either gain 100% Shadow Energy or pay 50% Shadow Energy

Duration: 12

----------

Due to people not quite understanding the playstyle of the champion, I've quoted my own explanation from later in the threat to here so everyone will have a better understanding of the way I conceptualized Erebus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake O Dagger (Hozzászólás 20590709)
This champion isn't like anything in the game right now. Let me spell it out so its more obvious.

The best way to play this champion is actually as a jungler. Monsters aren't Champions, thus your skills will get the reduced CD from E, making him rather dangerous if he plays smart. By about level 4 or 5, you'll have been fighting enough that you'll probably be a bit low on health. Go to a brush by one of the lanes, drop a bunch of Qs, attack the enemy for a bit, run away through your brush, they trigger it, you E back over them so they're now in your brush taking damage, sick the pet on them, then auto-attack them to death, Qing as needed for extra damage. By the time they realize they screwed up, they're probably dead.

Repeat this strategy as needed, setting up traps all over the jungle along commonly used paths and ganking those who are smart enough to avoid the brush completely. By late game, you can send the pet out and keep it alive permanently as long as your CDR and E are both maxed. The CD and the Duration at that point would be the same, so you can sit on one side of a wall and send the pet over it, poking at the enemy till they're weak enough to gank and kill. And since you fight the monsters, when you DO enter combat for a gank, you'll already have Shadow Energy built up. A lot of Shadow Energy if you're smart, so you won't even show up on the mini-map.

Once you have the Ult, you can instant stealth and cross half the map before coming out of no where and killing someone with a surprise attack, after having set up your traps in all the brush around them, so no matter WHERE they go, they'll get hit by at least one.

THIS is how I intended him to be played. You're not a mage or a carry or a tank or a fighter. Your entire play-style is designed to assassinate people without them even seeing you for half the time they're being killed.

Void22 11-21-2011 02:56 PM

Nice job though you may need to work on scaling

Drake O Dagger 11-21-2011 04:12 PM

What in particular do you mean? I thought I did a good job on the scaling...

Bigg Fuddgee 11-21-2011 04:19 PM

Passive: I like it reminds me of Luna except darkness, most of all i like the range reduction, that by itself could be a very good passive. you could build him tank and attack all of the ranged and they'd have to put themselves in the fight. Good work.

Q: This one is unique, i like it. the damage may be a little low since they can run away reducing the damage greatly.

W: Only problem i have with this is that the scaling of the pets damage should scale with level instead of being a base 30. Early game thats incredible harass...late game they aren't going to be too amazing.

E: Like a backwards nocturne, i like it except yours does DPS and sight reduction. I would maybe even include a bit of slow...like a 10% or something and limit it by what his % shadow energy is

R: I like it rather a huge buff or a giving your passive full blown. nicely done

Other: for the lore i would like to see something in relation to nocturne, and possibly an enemy of some other champion. Perhaps Luna and Erebus could be enemies =D they seem like opposites lol. I would like in the future to see his item builds, cause right now i'm seeing him as rather a burst assassin caster, or a DPS assassin. Either good. But id like you to include a possible hybrid tank because i could see your champion as a tankish kind of champion. Perhaps make him a large junglier because his E fits that roll soooooo well.

Bigg Fuddgee 11-21-2011 04:20 PM

+1 btw, i liked it.

Jaykoboy 11-21-2011 04:54 PM

Hm...kay then.

Passive: His alternative source is ridculous! He'd truly just fade in and out of stealth the second he passes 90 energy, and he can't take much damage while he's stealthed.

Q: I like it fine.

W: So you turned Malzahar's passive into a skill. Congratulations, but really, not too unique.

E: Passive is OP. 50% CD Reduction, not treated as CD Reduction? Seriously, buy 40% CD Reduction with runes, masteries, and items, then use this ability's passive, and you have 90% CD Reduction. You move out of sight of an enemy champion, and your spells are refreshed. The idea of energy sources is to make it so that champions can't stay in lane too long if they have a lot of nukes, etc, while energy-less champions like Garen, Riven, and Katarina, are limited by health and CD. This ability, combined with your alternative energy source, renders this champion invincible. Remove the passive. The active is a bit OP, as well.

R: I very rarely see an ultimate that's worse than a basic ability. If he's a mage, why does he have an AD steroid? Plus, with the range increase on his abilities, you've created a Xerath's W that's worthless to a mage, because it offers no magic pen or AP.

I bid you good day, sir.

-Jaykoboy-

Drake O Dagger 11-21-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaykoboy (Hozzászólás 17506594)
Hm...kay then.

Passive: His alternative source is ridculous! He'd truly just fade in and out of stealth the second he passes 90 energy, and he can't take much damage while he's stealthed.

Q: I like it fine.

W: So you turned Malzahar's passive into a skill. Congratulations, but really, not too unique.

E: Passive is OP. 50% CD Reduction, not treated as CD Reduction? Seriously, buy 40% CD Reduction with runes, masteries, and items, then use this ability's passive, and you have 90% CD Reduction. You move out of sight of an enemy champion, and your spells are refreshed. The idea of energy sources is to make it so that champions can't stay in lane too long if they have a lot of nukes, etc, while energy-less champions like Garen, Riven, and Katarina, are limited by health and CD. This ability, combined with your alternative energy source, renders this champion invincible. Remove the passive. The active is a bit OP, as well.

R: I very rarely see an ultimate that's worse than a basic ability. If he's a mage, why does he have an AD steroid? Plus, with the range increase on his abilities, you've created a Xerath's W that's worthless to a mage, because it offers no magic pen or AP.

I bid you good day, sir.

-Jaykoboy-

You seem to have completely misunderstood this champion's primary role. He's an assassin first and foremost, not a mage.

He's made to be built hybrid, AP, or AD, with the choice being left to the player. Building Shadow Energy is hard, and the CDs for ALL his skills are fairly long. His CDR passive effect isn't CDR, so it doesn't stack additively. A 20 second CD doesn't become 2 with this + maxed CDR, it becomes 20*0.5=10*0.6=6, or a 70% reduction in total, and even then ONLY if you attacked from out of sight of a champion. It's on CAST, not a continuous reduction effect. Walking out of line of sight doesn't auto-refresh your skills.

As for the passive, that's kind of the point. But its not so easy to do as you make it out to be. You'll probably end up bouncing around 70-90% most of the time, assuming you aren't spamming your skills a lot. It's his primary survivability skill, and his only other one is the dash. He's also squishy by default.

Also, you didn't notice how the Ult works very well. It doesn't just increase RANGE, it increases the size of AoEs (of which he has 2, both of which serve as his primary damage for an AP build), and the range of his auto-attack, and his movement speed so he can chase or escape (which helps to support him for when he DOESN'T have his cooldowns halved, which is likely to save him if he's ganked, which is where he's most vulnerable).

Bigg Fuddgee 11-21-2011 08:21 PM

I do have a suggestion for the passive. I think you even suggested it for Luna. Make it lock at 50% and 90% so that he can't stealth and then go out of stealth. make it lock for perhaps 2 seconds

EDIT: I'm actually not going to enter the contest. I just got done with the MCCC and I have college stuff high school makeup work and thanksgiving coming up.. I'll have to get in next time. I'll help you judge if you wish, of course don't expect thorough judging because i am booked. And if you help me with my champions ill help you with yours =D Also if you want to relate Luna and Erebus i'd be down. I've done that with some of my other friends and its a way to get recognized and incorporate role playing in the forums.

Drake O Dagger 11-21-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigg Fuddgee (Hozzászólás 17504942)
Passive: I like it reminds me of Luna except darkness, most of all i like the range reduction, that by itself could be a very good passive. you could build him tank and attack all of the ranged and they'd have to put themselves in the fight. Good work.

Q: This one is unique, i like it. the damage may be a little low since they can run away reducing the damage greatly.

W: Only problem i have with this is that the scaling of the pets damage should scale with level instead of being a base 30. Early game thats incredible harass...late game they aren't going to be too amazing.

E: Like a backwards nocturne, i like it except yours does DPS and sight reduction. I would maybe even include a bit of slow...like a 10% or something and limit it by what his % shadow energy is

R: I like it rather a huge buff or a giving your passive full blown. nicely done

Other: for the lore i would like to see something in relation to nocturne, and possibly an enemy of some other champion. Perhaps Luna and Erebus could be enemies =D they seem like opposites lol. I would like in the future to see his item builds, cause right now i'm seeing him as rather a burst assassin caster, or a DPS assassin. Either good. But id like you to include a possible hybrid tank because i could see your champion as a tankish kind of champion. Perhaps make him a large junglier because his E fits that roll soooooo well.

Thanks for the comment. The passive is meant to be just what you said, a tanky ability. It's unlikely that he'd make a very good tank, but he can certainly make an annoying harrasser if nothing else.

The damage on Q is meant to take into consideration the max possible damage, vs the likely possible damage, and also the fact I can stack them in a single brush and leave a deathtrap sitting in it if I really wanted to. I'm likely to actually make it so you can't have more than 3 within 800 units of eachother, simply because just that many means just walking INTO the brush leaves you rooted for 1.5 seconds and taking 1332 damage if you get out right after the second tick and I had 400 AP, or 1998 if you get hit by all of it. Without AP, its much lower, 810 damage for the full 3 second damage, but even with only about 200 AP, what I'd expect with a hybrid build, three of them deal a total of 1404 at max. Granted, I think if you're stupid enough to walk into brush after you KNOW Erebus is on the enemy team, you deserve to be munched like that.

I'll take what you said about the pet into consideration, I had intended for the scaling to be entirely based on your itemization rather than leveling.

What exactly mean by limit it by what % his shadow energy is at?

Also, glad you like the Ult. It took me a while to come up with it. ^^

Bigg Fuddgee 11-21-2011 08:29 PM

For the Q it'd be better to not put a limit on them so that its like a ward almost. But id decrease the damage and look at shacos jack n the box as reference.

E: Like if you have 100% shadow energy it would slow them by X% and less if he had less etc.

I edited my post above, just to make you aware of that.