League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Which support goes best with which AD carry? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1503248)

chrspayn 11-20-2011 08:47 AM

Which support goes best with which AD carry?

What are the best pairings?

INeedAName12 11-21-2011 08:40 AM

Janna, Sona and Taric are good paired with AD carries

Afny 11-21-2011 09:38 AM

Generally I think Sona is the best support, and she pairs extremely well with pretty much any AD carry. That said, she's boring as hell to play, so these are my preferences based on experience:

Corki/Janna
Caitlyn/Taric
Vayne/Alistar
Graves/Taric
Ezeal/Janna

Also a big fan of Ezreal/Blitzcrank.

Dredna 11-21-2011 09:53 AM

I thinking learning to play them all and then asking the ad carry which one they want typically works best. I mean yes they might be wrong, but they will be more successful doing it right the wrong way, then doing it wrong the right way. You dig?

Warrrrax 11-21-2011 10:01 AM

I like playing Blitzcrank bottom. He works well with a partner, moreso than top solo. His knockup and grab can help protect the carry and his Ult has a silence to shut down channeled effects.

Blitz tends to make the baddies back off which gives your carry room to breathe and farm and harass.

Taric as stated is a great choice too. Tanky, adequate healing/sustain, a true stun, and shatter which gives decent burst and synergizes with AD.

Alistar is another solid champ with his CC well able to protect the carry easily, and has some sustain of his own.

Yorobi 11-21-2011 11:48 AM

I have to say that the "best" support to lane with an ad carry is either Taric (heal, armor buff, stun, ulti gives ad bonus [right? dont remember what they changed about it been a while], has amazing synergy with caitlyn, taric stun yordle trap = a solid 3 seconds of the target being unable to move.

The other being Janna with vayne, my opinion this is one of the very best laning combos i've ever seen. janna's bubble + vaynes naturally high attack speed + with proper positioning janna can line up an easy stun for vayne with her ulti. not to mention janna supplying a global movement bonus just makes attempting to run from vayne usually wind up being in vain (get it i made a funny....)

If you dont like either of these i'd say Alistar + graves. This is a newer one that i've seen (havent played it) but its always a pain to deal with, ali knocks target into graves buckshot. it also works well for the aoe dmg that both have so you can line up double kills extremely easy with the CC from alistar and the quick burst from graves.

Defile 11-21-2011 12:46 PM

taric and cait / graves

OutlawStarx2 11-21-2011 01:08 PM

The one that you are on Team Speak/Vetrilo/Skype with

FaerellG 11-21-2011 01:12 PM

I don't always play support, but when I do I prefer Taric.

Easy Stun, heals and auras.

karas thao 06-06-2012 03:47 PM

Graves/alister
Ashe/Leona
Caitlyn/soroka
Miss fortune/sona
Twitch/Janna
Idk anymore good luck