League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Lack of Communication! is it just me or am I crazy? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1502583)

Pr0jectseph 11-20-2011 12:31 AM

Lack of Communication! is it just me or am I crazy?

Okay, i'm only lvl 14 atm. And I play 5v5 normal mode blind pick for the most part.
I swear, more games than not, NOBODY is communicative.
I mean at all.I will always try start the round off with a nice "testing" hello.

MAYBE 1 response.

So now I will say
"please call up the mias, or i'm done for!" (playing brand mid)

Nothing..or MAYBE one "okay" (no mias ever come)

THEN after you get ganked without so much as a blip on the radar, everyone starts out

"OMG you FKN NOOB!" "GG dkhead your mums a (blah blah blah)"

The worst type which happens most often is say, the team is picking characters, we have a good tank and some dps/carry, so i'm like.."want me a singed or brand?"

<nothing> i just have to choose myself.

Then in game, i am laning with Lux as singed.
Being new I have no idea if she's ranged so I ask " is lux ranged?"

<nothing>

"What abilities does lux have?"

<Nothing>

"Can we communicate a bit so we can actually be a team here?"

<you guessed it....>

Kog'maw and another ranged come out and i dont want to get close, and NOW..NOW of all the PRODUCTIVE times to communicate I get a

"WTF are you doing singed?"

So now i respond with

"Oh NOW you want to talk to me, great help u were before. how am i supposed to know your abilities to create a synergy?!"

then EVERYONE starts

"STFU singed noob (blah blah blah)"

Is this game always gonna be like this even @ 30? or do you need to have an organized team already. Because this is annoying as hell right now. I can not for the life of me see the logic as to why your first attempt to communicate to a teammate is to tell them to FK off?

Are the majority of players really this stupid?

(oh and ofc they cry when we lose)

I know it's a rant here, but i'm a little disheartened with the community spirit so far.

2pudge1cup 11-20-2011 02:09 AM

you play enough games you find competent people to play with and friend them.

ChemicalVisions 11-20-2011 06:36 AM

PUGs in this game are like PUGs in any other game - it's a crapshoot as to whether or not you'll play with actual human beings or QQ'ing, trash-talking, rage-quitting trolls. I think the best advice is what 2pudge1cup offered - find some friends and play premade games. GHLF!

Schnuffles 11-20-2011 07:41 AM

Try sharing a similar timezone to Korea.

Yep, in over half of my games the communication is [][][][]

Mísanthropic 11-20-2011 09:28 AM

hue

LeSalauD 11-20-2011 01:43 PM

At level 14 most people probably don't even know what mias are.

My Final Form 11-20-2011 09:39 PM

The best advice i can give is what i learned from experience, every talkative+good person i played with or against i would send a friend request to, and then before i start a game i invite everyone that is on, if they frequently deny invites i would delete them, and now all i am left with are good teammates that i can rely on for a good game, loss or not. Also, a ward or two can always help when you have those quiet teammates.