League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Greedy Team Composition (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1496250)

Plaquomatic 11-18-2011 04:58 AM

Greedy Team Composition

So once again i have an awesome thing to gripe about. Constantly this happens to me, my team will pick the champs they want and leave the last 2 picks or even the last pick with the job of trying to play 2-3 roles. In this case my team captain picks jungle yi...in ranked... anyways that's not my complaint. 2nd pick goes on to take GP, 3rd and 4th picks are cho and blitz.... leaving me with the job of trying to play ranged AP, ranged AD, and Support. They then proceed to call each other names and tell others to que dodge so they dont have too. its and obvious loss and headache b4 the match even starts. I could not handle it and i dodged. So now becuase of greedy teamates who wanna act like children i lost Elo rating. I don't think there is anyway to avoid this but it drives me crazy. If there are any suggestions on how riot can prevent this please post a reply because i cannot think of anything. thanks

Airwen 11-18-2011 05:02 AM

this happens to me too not sure,
if i saw alot of trolls on my team i just pick a char i dont care if i lost with and take revive most of times 1 of my team quit and i start over.

McGirk the Jerk 11-18-2011 08:59 AM

IMO opinion not that bad of a team comp. Not ideal but with a decent last pick its workable. I would go AP carry and you have a decent shot at being competitive.

McGirk the Jerk 11-18-2011 09:08 AM

Maybe i'm showing my ELO, but it seems like a workable team comp, not ideal but assuming you get a good AP carry last pick you can certaintly win.

Sadness 11-18-2011 06:03 PM

I don't think Riot can control what the player wants to play lol. All you can do is either get lucky and get people who are considerate or comply with their needs. I usually never get to play what I want to so I understand what you feel but I volunteer to play the missing role lol.

Amatzikahni 11-18-2011 06:47 PM

You should have played an AP mid. At anything below <insert professional number like 1600 or 1800 here>, the games are not frequently decided by team comp but by which team has the better/worse players. That game had a decent shot at winning (I'd guess 50% still) but you insisted on taking a 100% guaranteed loss. You dodging is not their fault; it's your fault. Play the match and see how it works out; I've had a few games where my terrible comp beat their well-rounded comp just because all the players picked champs they were good at instead of picking the proper role which might have caused them to feed.

Skilltestingman 11-18-2011 07:51 PM

I hate the qq'rs on "i was stuck with having to pick the right champ". Quit your whining and just pick something viable. Ive won with much worse team comps

Plaquomatic 11-19-2011 05:11 PM

apparently the last 2 people to comment did not understand my complaint or why the match was going to be a loss. I was frustrated with the arguing before the match and the fact that other players were saying they were gonna feed if nobody dodged. i was not as upset at losing the Elo rating because that was my own choice. the upsetting thing was that if i wanted to attempt to make it work i would have to deal with 30-60 mins of arguing and complaining and childish behavior. i understand the choices i had, just wanted to "gripe" about them because when these things happen repeatedly it drives me insane. thanks for all of the feedback everyone.

Dorsia 11-20-2011 05:18 AM

well blitz is a support, no? just grab an ap and go mid

EleJames 11-20-2011 05:34 AM

I think it would be neat to que up for a role and get matched so all teams have a balance of roles