League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   An AD Kog'Maw Guide (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1490327)

Nontendoh 11-16-2011 12:49 PM

An AD Kog'Maw Guide

I've recently created an AD Kog'Maw guide and I would like to share it with you guys!

Link to Guide:
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=9949&c=502281320940741

Give me your opinions about my guide. Thanks!

Nontendoh 11-16-2011 03:25 PM

Bump for my guide to be seen and to get more opinion on it.

Nontendoh 11-17-2011 11:55 AM

I got 2 likes now! :D
Love you guys~

Warrrrax 11-18-2011 07:22 AM

Why? Why do people still go AD on Kog? You talk about how freaking great his Barrage is and how it does SOOO MUCH DAMMMAGE!
But it is all MAGICAL damage that has 0 synergy with your AD and crit. Plus you take very minimal attack speed boosters to actually take advantage of this amazing damage.

Especially after nerf...why would you want Kog for AD? Trist has the same range now...permanently! Plus a 90% AS steroid and an actual escape mechanism.

Wouldn't it make more sense to drop the IE, PD, Bloodthirster on her instead?

If you look up Kog the Magic Dragon, you can see AD Kog vs AS/onhit Kog and see that onhit is way superior until extreme endgame with a full up build.
Even then, they are within 10% of each other.

The only thing "good" about AD kog is that your Ult hits slightly harder (no the AD isnt multipled by 2.5 though vs champs...), and that you can hit towers harder. Oh and your early game harassment hits a bit harder due to Apen runes. Thats really about it.

Nontendoh 11-18-2011 02:08 PM

AD Kog'Maw is great in many ways. He does a lot of damage auto attacking which is what most AD Carries do and he is one of them. The nerf on Kog'Maw didn't hit him that hard because I still play Kog'Maw and he still owns, the range wasn't nerfed a whole lot.

AD Carries are special in their own ways and I prefer Kog'Maw more than Tristana because Kog'Maw's ultimate is a skill I like to use to harass players from very far away, where I'm safe. Can Tristana do that without being hit? Sure the auto-attack range is the same (not sure about the range but I'll just agree), but his Barrage is like a Bloodrazor, does Tristana have a free Bloodrazor? No she doesn't.

Also, I find that almost all AD Carries uses the same items.

In Kog the Magic Dragon the guy gets a SotD, it doesn't give you the damage you need, sure you'll have a lot more ATK Speed but you'll be hitting like 100's for a lot less damage where as you can hit 200's with only a BT or IE, maybe even a BF if you use ATK Damage runes.

He rushes the attack speed, I rush damage THEN focus on the attack speed hence why I get a Phantom Dancer which improves your crit chance and with a IE, it's most likely a guaranteed critical strike each time. He doesn't have crit chance, so he won't be critting, he won't be getting the whole lot of extra damage a crit gives you. And if he did go for crit, he doesn't have enough damage to make the crit worthy.

In the end with his build you'll get more ATK Speed, and more magic damage than mine by a little. But if you go with my build, you'll a lot of damage, a slight less magic damage than his Kog'Maw, lots of crits, and a small difference in ATK Speed.

Also, if they get MR and you're going the Magic Dragon Kog'Maw way, you're screwed, you won't be doing as much damage as if you were to go my way.

I haven't tried his guide yet, but I will in a practice game and update this thread comparing the two builds.

Nontendoh 11-18-2011 02:56 PM

My Build:
323 Attack Damage
2 Attack Speed
28% Life Steal
55% Critical Chance
Time to kill Yi Bot: 3 seconds (normal attacking)
-------------------------

Kog the Magic Dragon Guide:
149 Damage
2.3 Attack Speed
6% Life Steal
0% Critical Chance
Time to kill Yi Bot: 6 seconds (normal attacking)

However with Magic Dragon, you're more resistant to magic. But you lose a lot of damage.

Nontendoh 11-19-2011 08:42 AM

Bump.

Perfect Average 11-19-2011 09:41 AM

This is a good guide.

I will say though - this is not quite how I build Kog'Maw. I tend to focus towards on-hit items and attack speed. Combined with Kog's W - it seems to do awesome.

Maldreds, Malady, and even Black Cleaver. I'll consider IE or BT once I hit 2.0 attack speed.

Just how I tend to build.

Nontendoh 11-19-2011 12:19 PM

Thanks for the response!
I think your build is great and it's fine if you want to go for attack speed first. And yes it does combine with Kog'Maw's W really well.

virus5252 11-19-2011 03:10 PM

Well i have used kog for quite some time now, and my fuild build is something close to this, im not exactly sure wat it is but its close :

AD: 420
1.9 Attack speed
Life Steal: 50%
55% crit chance
Kills in roughly 2 seconds.

Berzeker's greaves, Bloodthirster, Black Cleaver, Phantom Dancer, Another bloodthirster, and infinities Edge