League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Patch notes... missing cleanse/treads fix? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=148990)

Elesion 06-28-2010 08:07 PM

Patch notes... missing cleanse/treads fix?

Just saw the patch notes.

I wanna piggy back on some items that Shurelia touched up on the ultimate thread.

I understand that RIOT was planning on cleanse to effect only Stuns/Snares. Where are we on that?

So many champions ults become useless from just one summoner skill.
Malzahar, Morgana, Mordekaiser mainly to name a few.

Merc treads makes also has the same effect to a lesser scale. These issues were identified for the longest time now. Where are we on these?

Reason im asking is because there is a lot of hype RIOT is building up for season 1 yet fundamental gameplay mechanics are still flawed for too many champions.

I understand suppression is going to be a new form of CC in the game. Is it ready for live testing yet? any issues / bugs with this need to be addressed before competitive play.

Its more important to fix champs that are fundamentally broken rather than tweaking the same champions over and over again... yes they may be imba to a certain extent but some champs are completely unviable right now and those deserve more priority than 10% extra damage on Ezreal's mystic shot.

Ceazy 06-28-2010 09:52 PM

I'm going to frowny-face if any AoE ults are uncleanseable. :(

Lucchinii 06-28-2010 09:53 PM

This patch came out like, right after the last one. They're still working on the suppression ****, which will most likely come out on the patch after this one.

Joyrock 06-28-2010 09:55 PM

Hopefully they came to their senses and realised it's a bad idea, that Cleanse is balanced, and that supression is a fundamentally awful idea.

Xocolatl 06-28-2010 10:08 PM

I don't mind the suppression idea. It's true that some ults really are hit too hard with Cleanse.

But with that said, I think that Cleanse seems ok. You are giving up something by taking a different spell. While I run with Cleanse+Heal nowadays, there are always time in EVERY game that I wished I was using something else. I think that alone attest to the fact that there is a place for every summoner spell in the game.

Elesion 06-28-2010 10:45 PM

I agree. Cleanse has its place in the game. Its there to counter heavy cheesy mass CC combo groups and give you a life line and counter to many situations, however, again... its implementation is horrible,

Malzahar, Morgana, Warwick, Mordekaiser, Nunu... these toons ults are fundamentally part of there strategy and is by no means a cheese way to gameplay, yet cleanse completely shuts down the usefulness of these ults.

cleanse is single handedly making some champs useless... and thats the problem. Shurelia was saying in the other thread that they are testing changes to where it would only cleanse hard CC/Snares. that would work.

As of right now I can stun/dot/exchaust/snare/slow a target and one cleanse can wipe him to a cleanse slate.

One reason why ppl dont complain as much about the offensive spells such as ignite/exhaust is because cleanse exists... i can ignite and exhaust someone and bam cleanse. both my summoners skills were rendered useless by 1 summoner skill.

cleanse is the king of summoner spells!

JigglyThePuff 06-29-2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elesion (Hozzászólás 1749851)
Just saw the patch notes.

It's a small patch.

I'm pretty sure the two main points of the patch are:

1. Some matchmaking fixes

2. Shaco aura (Shaco's aura doubling has been an issue for a while, but became popular within about the past week, making it a higher priority)

Besides those two, they had a bunch of minor balance changes ready they thought were worth pushing out at the same time.

It's also been what, 1 week since the last patch?

Bigger changes take more time.