League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why Energy runes? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=148914)

Sefam 06-28-2010 06:50 PM

Why Energy runes?

I understand that this type of runes were popular demand Riot, but why add them?

You miss the whole point and limitations of the Energy System, while being at it, give Katarina a type of runes that allow her to have an extra way to spam her spells faster. Shen/Kennen/Akali are already able to spam at fast intervals, they don't need furthermore spam capability.

On top of that, you make having only two rune pages even more of a problem.

killmen0w 06-28-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sefam (Hozzászólás 1748859)
give Katarina a type of runes that allow her to have an extra way to spam her spells faster.

I guess you don't know what CDR runes are?

Yeorwned 06-28-2010 06:57 PM

I agree with the OP. We're taking a skilled champion with predetermined abilities and significantly increasing the effectiveness. I always want more energy but not at the sake of playing who's got the best rune page war like it was in beta...

Sefam 06-28-2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killmen0w (Hozzászólás 1748898)
I guess you don't know what CDR runes are?

I said EXTRA, on top of CDR.

seresibyl 06-28-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeorwned (Hozzászólás 1748945)
I agree with the OP. We're taking a skilled champion with predetermined abilities and significantly increasing the effectiveness. I always want more energy but not at the sake of playing who's got the best rune page war like it was in beta...

Who spent the most time Grab-bagging it?
:D

Dragonk 06-28-2010 06:59 PM

This will make ninja's incredibly more powerful, but I'm sure theres some kind of cap so it won't make too much a difference. Since you can already increase energy gain from golem buff and other things perhaps they won't stack?

MuffinLung 06-28-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sefam (Hozzászólás 1748953)
I said EXTRA, on top of CDR.

Katarina doesn't even use mana/energy, so why are you complaining? She can already spam her attacks fast...

But anyway, I agree in that there shouldn't be Energy runes.

HotshotGG 06-28-2010 07:00 PM

I don't think this will make a huge impact on energy heroes honestly. It's really not that huge. I think energy and manaregen runes should have been combined and masteries redesigned to work for energy heroes.

To my downvoter, there are already great runes to be placed in quints and yellows. Nothing really for masteries.

Sefam 06-28-2010 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuffinLung (Hozzászólás 1748967)
Katarina doesn't even use mana/energy, so why are you complaining? She can already spam her attacks fast...

Give her yellows that allow you to stack more than 40% CDR.

That'd be doing the same thing as giving Energy Champions more ways to spam their spells.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotshotGG (Hozzászólás 1748978)
I don't think this will make a huge impact on energy heroes honestly. It's really not that huge.

It is still rather significant, the extra energy you get from golem makes a huge difference in my opinion.

True Bandito 06-28-2010 07:04 PM

I support No Energy Runes. Well said OP.