League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   AD vs AP Ezreal (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=148484)

Impurenergy 06-28-2010 11:00 AM

AD vs AP Ezreal

A very common question, but with all the sources around, I'm not sure what to believe anymore.

So the one question will be: What and why do you prefer: AD or AP Ezreal.

After all the patches and thread's I read, I'm confused now. So lets get the opinions in one thread.

Mowarth 06-28-2010 11:01 AM

Who likes AP Ezreal theese days? They nerfed that guy to dust while they buffed 1-trick-pony Ez.

Sometimes Riot just wants us to play like Phreak.

LilDrood 06-28-2010 11:01 AM

Personally I think I'd prefer AP based on my practice matches and a game I finally tried as AP the other day, though I've been going AD since I bought him after the "nerf". I actually just made a thread about this the other day, and it seemed there was two types of people responding: trolls, and people actually being helpful with an opinion that AP isn't OP anymore, but he's still fine.

Shiram 06-28-2010 11:02 AM

Crazy idea.

Why not try playing him both ways. Figure out which way you think is best.

Naseuss 06-28-2010 11:04 AM

in my opinion, AP and AD could never be compared before - AP doesn't have the early-game sustained DPS or burst that AD has, but on the other hand AD didn't have the heal or support.

therefore, AP was more of a support build, while AD was, well, carry-mode.

now though, you don't really have much of a choice.
since AD and AP are now both pigeonholed into carrying, the best choice for the majority of the game is probably AD, while endgame both start to even out.

D3leet 06-28-2010 11:08 AM

I prefer AD to AP

If you look at his passive, it ends up giving you almost 75% attack speed, something that should not be overlooked. They nerfed flux so much that it doesn't even heal anymore, and getting starks on ezreal and sticking with your team is a much better option than getting will of the ancients. It does far more for the team, and gives much better stats to the hero in general. Late game, your main damage dealing spell is a spell that has 1200 range, and can to 500-600 a hit and only costs about 50 mana, going ap, almost all of his spells that deal ap damage require much more mana, requiring you to get things like clarity, or mana regen items, both slow down your build exhorbantly. Going mana regen runes and sticking with ad allows you to focus your entire build on building damage items. Also, you can use arcane shift to position yourself for mystics, and to escape a majority of the heroes.

AP essence flux is expensive, and while its easy to hit heroes with, does nothing to help you farm, arcane shift is good, but its difficult to hit any hero with it, as it will also hit things like jack in the boxes, invisible heroes, wards, minions and many other things and completely waste one of your attacks, and you don't really need it to position yourself for essence flux as that will travel over creeps. His ultimate only does .7 of his ap now, so its been nerfed quite a bit ( thats 30% for you mathcrafters). I have a win loss ratio of 2.5 with ezreal using AD, and i actually think its higher, but I used to play AP ezreal before the nerf to his flux and ultimate.

Finally, mystic shot was buffed to deal 120% of his attack damage, stack this with sheen, black cleaver, emblem of vigor, beserker greaves, and trinity force to finish off the sheen and you can usually deal more than enough damage to fight anyone one on one except for a few heroes, (pantheon is a straight counter to ezreal, he can rape you 9 times out of 10 if hes good).

Granted, AP ezreal is still viable, but due to the recent nerfs to his flux and ultimate, I have found AD to be much stronger, and is an excellent carry for most teams.

akronman1 06-28-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mowarth (Hozzászólás 1743515)
Who likes AP Ezreal theese days? They nerfed that guy to dust while they buffed 1-trick-pony Ez.

Sometimes Riot just wants us to play like Phreak.

Wow, it's clear you don't play Ezreal, or you are just misinformed. He is far and away better with an AP build. His W and E will melt people, and then he quickly can finish them off with his R. My friend is a great AP Ezreal, so I see it in action all of the time. Yet whenever I see AD Ez's, they are usually getting a few kills here and there, but they're not carrying.

Crayon Puppet 06-28-2010 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naseuss (Hozzászólás 1743546)
in my opinion, AP and AD could never be compared before - AP doesn't have the early-game sustained DPS or burst that AD has, but on the other hand AD didn't have the heal or support.

therefore, AP was more of a support build, while AD was, well, carry-mode.

now though, you don't really have much of a choice.
since AD and AP are now both pigeonholed into carrying, the best choice for the majority of the game is probably AD, while endgame both start to even out.

LOL someone tried AP EZ and maxed Q instead of W first *finger wagging*

1Eredale 06-28-2010 11:11 AM

AD gets insane early damage on Q while having nothing with other abilities... aaand midgame AP catches up in terms of Q damage while packing much more damage with other abilities. Lategame the damage on Q pretty much almost evens... while AP still packing great damage with other abilities.

I simply dont know why people get so attracted to AD. It's like "OMG I"M SO EPIC AND I"M ONLY LVL 3!!" while AP takes time to gather.

Brendon 06-28-2010 11:12 AM

I still prefer a hybrid build myself.