League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Would you call this bad "form" (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=148232)

Craixis 06-27-2010 11:47 PM

Would you call this bad "form"

I joined a practice game to try to work on my axe throwing viking skills (or playing Olaf), I've played him a few times, gotten a feel for him... and figure'd out he wasn't bad going toe to toe in mid lane (Olaf mid, sounds crazy right.)
To test the theory, I ask to go mid (to see if it was just dumb luck the last few games or if there's really something there). As I had hoped, I found harassing/pushing Mid against TF was easy enough, to the point where I got him to B once. I out levelled him and pushed through the lane.

The game progresses, I get a decent few kills (three) and start wrecking in teamfights (Olaf+Rag+Ghost does that), and the enemy team clues into the fact I had played Olaf enough to know how to handle him (Lord forbid if I could lane with him, but mid I'm a tough customer).

The game progresses, until we've pushed the inside turret at bot lane after winning a team fight, Annie starts raging how "Noob" I am for playing a practice game with a character I know (though I was in mid lane) and TF calls it "bad form". Of course, he said Nidalee backdooring a turret with 200 HP was bad form as well, but meh.

The game wasn't titled "try new champions" or anything of the like, the people I was playing against had around my wins or more (their Udyr had 430 about), so I thought it'd be valid to try Olaf mid. Am I in the wrong here, as many people (in solo que) dislike the idea of me playing Olaf mid (They laugh at me) and I don't like the idea of smurfing with a champion I'm able to play well. Normally I wouldn't of given the idea of joining a practice game as Olaf a second thought, but people (more frequently) have been saying I'm ruining the games.
If it is bad form, how should I proceed to test Olaf's midi...ness? As its very unlikely I won't be queue dodged or raged at if I ask for mid.

RHINO Mk II 06-27-2010 11:49 PM

You came to the forums to be validated

Bro.

Craixis 06-28-2010 12:00 AM

Maybe, but its along the same lines as why people rage about back dooring and the like.

Should people who know a champion really play in practice games with said champion, whether it be trying to mid, lane, or the like?

Granted, its not from the rager/QQers perspective, so its probably coming off more desperate then I'd like (**** me and my passive aggression!)

Xetvenen 06-28-2010 12:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
naw...thats not bad form...

this is (really, google 'bad form')

WARNING: what has been seen cannot be unseen!!!

ZyloWolfBane 06-28-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xetvenen (Hozzászólás 1739917)
naw...thats not bad form...

this is (really, google 'bad form')

WARNING: what has been seen cannot be unseen!!!

I......think my eyes just puked.

Judicator Wombat 06-28-2010 12:07 AM

I think it's just considered "bad form" to be good in a practice game.

Mr Geppetto 06-28-2010 12:10 AM

Practice games in general are just

... wut
and
... this should never happen

piratesas 06-28-2010 12:12 AM

Holy mother of abdomens!

Xocolatl 06-28-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHINO Mk II (Hozzászólás 1739847)
You came to the forums to be validated

Nothing wrong with that though. Every community has their own etiquette. If you're willing to look at the best in people, I would say this could be seen as checking for the proper etiquette as well.

And I think there is nothing wrong with trying out new strat in prac. Why do people care so much about winning or losing in prac? It's there to test out new things, dammit!

MoarYogurt 06-28-2010 03:39 PM

That was fine.

It is called a PRACTICE game, and you were PRACTICING.

hrm......