League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 35

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The name "Thorrbo," is kind of inactive. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1475342)

Thorrbo 11-12-2011 04:09 PM

The name "Thorrbo," is kind of inactive.

I was a popular Paladin in World of Warcraft. I was the first person on my server (Dalvengyr, at the time) to hit Grand Marshal, typically high in the rankings (Held top ten for seasons 6 and 7 in 3's) and I was an avid poster on the Paladin boards. As such, the name became popular for Paladin alts and such.

I started playing League about 2 weeks before Garen was released. At the time, Thorrbo was taken and I was furious, but I've since moved on. I'm not furious now, I'm just inconvenienced, and I want to give Riot my money.

The account in question was made before Garen was released (WELL over a year ago) and it's still level 11.

It's last played games was a bot game on September 23, as well as a Dominion game.

Before that, four games on September 10th, and one game on the 9th (and the game on a ninth was a leave!)

And before then, 3 games on April 26th.

This account has played ten games in half a year and it's been a month and a half since his last game.

So, how about it Riot? Do you want my money?

Quote:

Originally Posted by VMan7 (Hozzászólás 17146966)
Played with Thorrbo on Dalvengyr way back in the day. Legit post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaphilol (Hozzászólás 17146757)
Hi, Thorrbo.

-Zaph from WW

Quote:

Originally Posted by snapdarty (Hozzászólás 17147052)
Oh, Dalv. I still miss my Rising Storm days. Is sk still mopping up the server firsts weeks late? Such a trash server, but had lots of fun back in the day. Always thought you were a pretty cool ally so /singed.

EDIT: vman7 played on dalv? whaaat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXxDolphxXx (Hozzászólás 17147404)
**** I remember watching your streams and following your Amory religiously. You are the reason I made a prot pally and teamed up with a rouge for lol2v2's and tear it up. I quit WoW about a year and a half ago but before this thread you are the only non RL WoWer whose name I ever remembered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeCow (Hozzászólás 17147403)
"I'm Thorrbo" You probably don't know me but I played JoeCow on dalv. Did not really talk much so you probably don't know of me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polostabs (Hozzászólás 17149052)
I knew you thorrbo holy ****!!!! :D hey!!!!

and signed! (or agreed or whatever)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ****sucker101 (Hozzászólás 17150443)
im thorrbo

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kandanarne (Hozzászólás 17150954)
Hi.

Kandanarne/Blackness from Dalvengyr reporting in. I've known Thorrbo for about 6 years now :3. I'm one of the ones who got Thorrbo into playing this game about a year or so ago. Since, I haven't really played as much, seeing as I'm nowhere near 30 yet, but I do remember Thorrbo whining and *****ing when he couldn't use his name.

Mind you, it isn't just the fact that you can log onto Dalv, TO THIS VERY DAY, and say "im Thorrbo" in trade and get people who know who you're talking about, it's the fact that most of us only know him as such, "Thorrbo". If one day someone from pre-BC Dalv that was friends with Thorrbo started playing league and saw a guy under the name of "ThorrboDalv", he would think he's an imposter and that the real Thorrbo would, in fact, be named "Thorrbo". upson seeing that "Thorrbo" is only semi-active, if that, he would then give up on trying to rekindle that friendship.

TL;DR - Give this man the name he deserves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dope (Hozzászólás 17152001)
I'm sure the kid who hardly plays won't mind changing his name to something else for somebody that is known by it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Hungry Grue (Hozzászólás 17152374)
Even though I played on Aman'thul and Khaz'garoth, I was a pretty common forumgoer, and remember you from there.

I remember you, legit post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milkness (Hozzászólás 17152602)
I remember seeing Thorrbo sitting in Stormwind wearing old tier ****. When I read the title I was like "Thorrbo, where do I know that name?" Then I read the post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doopd (Hozzászólás 17154696)
I also played with Thor, lol good time in SSJ legolas haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DelusionalESG (Hozzászólás 17154694)
No ****?

I was on Dalvengyr too, horde though.

I remember your name, though I usually only remember the names of the people that kill me. :|

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahriman1 (Hozzászólás 17156990)
A few points:

Thorrbo is actually a contributing memeber to this game. He plays a ton of normals, and ranked. He got gold in S1. In contrast, the person with his name has played some 20 games over a few years. Their relative "inactivity" is no contest. Thorrbo reads forums, voices his opinion, buys stuff that riot creates. He is a good consumer for Riot, whereas the account with his name does none of these things.

Arrogant Rhino 11-12-2011 04:10 PM

Bump for great justice

Breaku 11-12-2011 04:11 PM

Lol, very inconvenient. Hopefully riot will do something!

EDIT: If Breaku were taken, I probably would have never played this game tbh.

IGOTALVL30IMGOOD 11-12-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThorrboDalv (Hozzászólás 17145969)

This account has played ten games in half a year and it's been a month and a half since his last game.

ROFL Are you SERIOUS? The guy PLAYED a month and a half ago and you want him to lose his account? Unlike you, some people almost never get to play for various reasons (such as a 2 month trip or etc) and dont use the computer often. Imagine their suprirse when they get on less than 60 days later to find their account closed! ur a dbag

Ahriman1 11-12-2011 04:12 PM

This person is my friend, and definitely deserves his name.

It's not completely inconceivable that someone could think of the name without knowing of his pally, but I'd say the chances are slim. This man is the original thorrbo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGOTALVL30IMGOOD (Hozzászólás 17146054)
ROFL Are you SERIOUS? The guy PLAYED a month and a half ago and you want him to lose his account? Unlike you, some people almost never get to play for various reasons (such as a 2 month trip or etc) and dont use the computer often. Imagine their suprirse when they get on less than 60 days later to find their account closed! ur a dbag

Who said anything about removing his account? Just rename it. They wont lose it, just their name.

DCode 11-12-2011 04:12 PM

Its people like you that made my alt char become warmturtle379

:|

Bonkymnobols 11-12-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

the account wont be closed, they just get a flag for a rename

Thorrbo 11-12-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

The account doesn't get closed. They only get flagged for rename on their next login prompt.

Gabriel Calder 11-12-2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Whoa, he never said anything about closing the account. He'd just like to take the name from somebody who, apparently, barely plays.

"ur a dbag"

1ring 11-12-2011 04:14 PM

So you want a some what active account to be stolen from its owner? You do know that some people only have time for 1 game every few months right?

Classy.

Edit: Ok, I misunderstood. Fail reading comprehension. He would just have his name changed. Idk why I was thinking his account would be deleted.