League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Idea to reduce troll players in ranked. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1475278)

SKIBOI11 11-12-2011 03:49 PM

Idea to reduce troll players in ranked.

This could also be applied to normal games - preferably all arenas, but would benfit most in 5v5 ranked or dominion.

The idea is very simple.

When the option to switch hero arises, a new, 'Kick' option should appear.

Let me set the scene.

Solo top irelia - nice
Mid cass nice
jungle gp nice
ad carry ashe nice

last pick - "i wanted to play irelia, **** u, i am afk in game now" picks ap caitlin to troll.

Now clearly, no-one wants this guy on their team. Vote 'Kick'. A player receives four votes, and he gets booted, and the result is as if he left during champion selection. He has short ban duration (too short he will just return, too long and players that get booted by bully premades, won't get in to game'

This way, its less likely of going in to game with a troll player. Let's face it, we all know how frustrating it is! Come on riot!

Ok, some cases may occur where people who souldn't be booted, might get booted. BUT the number of these will far out weigh the instances needed for an actual kick out. Less chance for that 'gg' in hero select moment and someone feels they need to leave because of this one ****** bag!

Ben Khan 11-12-2011 04:45 PM

This happens to me all the time, somebody childishly pouts and ruins your entire chances of winning.
I dont know if this is the way to stop it, but something has to be done certainly.
I like this idea though.

Malvae 11-12-2011 06:53 PM

The problem with this is that even though some people deserve to be booted, this system will be abused in multiple ways, and that is already bad from a business standpoint. It would likely cause more problems than fix, as all "trolls" have to do is pick a character that the team needs, not say anything until champ select is over, and then proceed with his griefing, now in game.

Lethal Harmony 11-13-2011 01:30 AM

This system was abused in games like Warcraft 3 - where the original DOTA sprang from - to kick low-skill players (or people who thought that person was a low-skill player) rather than just trolls who whined and pouted about the champion they wanted to play. So you had tons of being people kicked out for no good reason, causing a lot of people to miss out on the fun.

The only sure-fire way to prevent this problem in LoL is to play with a group of friends who you know, or just que-dodge when people start acting like this. Spending 5 minutes waiting to re-search again isn't as bad as playing a 20 min game where the troll in question does nothing but feed.

The Cynic 11-13-2011 03:48 AM

It wouldn't really work that well, because as soon as it's out, the same trolls will just resort to waiting until you're in the game to troll you, since they can be booted if they try it in champ select.