League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Singed - is it time for a little tweak? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=14731)

XIIÍ 09-29-2009 12:09 PM

Singed - is it time for a little tweak?

Back when I first started in beta, everyone was going on and on about how Singed was a formidable tank and contributed heavily to a team. But as time went on, other tanks were introduced and buffed and Singed has been left alone (probably because he didn't require substantial changes). I rarely see a Singed in game anymore and when I do see one, he's usually not doing so well.

I can only really think of 1 thing that would make Singed go from decent tank to one of the best competitive champions in the current roster:

Change the mechanics of Fling (Toss) so that it grabs the closest target, ally or enemy and throw them in the direction of the cursor or where you click. Basically, it would resemble more of Tiny's toss. The effect of this change would be threefold:
1) Allows Singed to position allies as well as enemies
2) Allows him so minimal lane harassment
3) More flexibility to movement patterns.

My secondary question is why did Riot design Fling to work in this specific way? Tiny's throw isn't overpowered and Singed doesn't have an AoE stun to combo with it. I can see how it does make the champion more difficult to play (which is fine, but not being able to specifically target what you wanna throw isn't exactly cake either) but at the same time it does limit his options a lot.

Goldenpineapple 09-29-2009 12:28 PM

They limited it to purposefully limit his versatility, you pretty much nailed it.

The point is to toss someone back onto your gunk or into your team. Singed is a tank/chase, being more of the support side of the 'chase' aspect. He allows his team to catch up.

High movement speed and a targettable AoE snare set him apart from other tanks. He's fine.

Phiphler 09-29-2009 12:33 PM

Why doesn't his poison work with Rylais?

Truhls 09-30-2009 05:17 AM

What i would like to see is his FLing range increased every so slightly. You cant fling someone standing on theo ther side of the mob, and singed is easily big enough with long arm to reach over that ****in mob to fling someone. so means the pathing sucks i never get a fling off i should of.

I would also like to see his sticky poison ( the name is escaping me right now ) do very slight dmg imo. Doesnt need to be much, just anything really would be nice.

I think those two changes alone would make him much better then he is now.

Highborne 09-30-2009 06:30 AM

I would think his Goo thing should apply the DoT of his current level of poison.

Fling, I agree, could use a slight range increase.

Also his Poison Trail should be Poison Cloud. Where enemies directly (within the Fling radius) are poisoned and it trails behind.

That would be awesome.

wootini 09-30-2009 07:25 AM

ya i agree, i like the idea, but as stated, it would be nice to have the throw be a bit longer reach and have a small radius of poison about him instead of just behind him. I just have a hard time sometimes poisoning the guy right in front of me wthout having to do a little dance with my mouse to get him to turn around and poison...
fun idea for a character though.

SlyGoat 09-30-2009 08:12 AM

Poison just feels unbelievably weak to me for its high mana cost. I usually find myself toggling it on and off quickly to re-apply the poison when im chasing just because otherwise it'll completely drain my mana, which feels more like an exploit/poor design than a strategy.

IMHO mana cost on poison should be reduced heavily, not sure of any other needed changes.

Methodeux 09-30-2009 08:25 AM

Heh heh. People who complain about Singed being underpowered don't know how to use him.

To be honest, it's only a matter of time before he gets the nerf-bat. He's unstoppable as a solo mid carry. By the time I'm 18, most of my opponents are only level 9.

Shizz 09-30-2009 08:31 AM

Singed is great. He's tough to play for a lot of people (myself included), but the people who have mastered him are Godlike with Singed.

Ever gone up against a Zilean/Singed combo? There's no avoiding toss w/out using flash. It's quite frustrating.

Exoframe 09-30-2009 09:06 AM

Heh at the nerf thing , i think singed is fine , even tho the current patch pathing makes it frustrating at times , and pretty much anyone can outlvl people easily as a carry soloing mid .

He's fun and fine , doesn't need anything added or removed imho .